Feb 08 2014
By: Fexelea Fender Bender 3607 posts

[INFO] The Elder Scrolls Online

[ Edited ]
187 replies 4068 views Edited Jun 7, 2016

ESO NEWS
The Elder Scrolls Online is the latest release in the Elder Scrolls Series, and it finally introduces multiplayer aspects. You can chose to play with friends or adventure alone, and enjoy the series' characteristical exploration and lore with a spiced up combat system that innovates on MMO standards and focuses on tactics and actions. Your skills will be based of your armors and weapons which you can chose and change at will.

DLC Available:

• Imperial City (pvp)
  • Orsinium
  • Hew's Bane (Thieves Guild)
  • Gold Coast (Dark Brotherhood)

The Background
The Elder Scrolls Online is the latest release in the Elder Scrolls Series, and it finally introduces multiplayer aspects. You can chose to play with friends or adventure alone, and enjoy the series' characteristical exploration and lore with a spiced up combat system that innovates on MMO standards and focuses on tactics and actions. Your skills will be based of your armors and weapons which you can chose and change at will.

The Elder Scrolls Online is set roughly 1,000 years before the events in the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and the coming of the Dragonborn, and just before the rise of Tiber Septim, the first Emperor of Tamriel. Three Alliances have emerged across the continent, each struggling for supremacy over the land. As these great powers battle one another for control of the Imperial city – and with it all of Tamriel – darker forces are moving to destroy the world.

Detailed Information from the wiki for Gameplay

eso-general-info-fextralife
ESOwiki_main_nav_charinfo.png
ESOwiki_home_nav_skills.png
ESOwiki_home_nav_equipment.png
ESOwiki_home_nav_crafting.png
ESOwiki_home_nav_worldinfo.png
ESOwiki_home_nav_guideswts.png
ESOwiki_main_nav_medianart.png
ESOwiki_home_nav_community.png

The Game

• The game is set 1000 years prior to the events of TES: Skyrim
  • Players will have to choose between one of three factions.
  • Races are unique to each faction, however each has an option for the three classic playstyles (combat, magic and stealth) - Races also have specific Racial Skils
  • PVP will play an important role in the overarching story, with individual PVP duels affecting the overall Alliance War and ultimately leading to the lead faction controlling the Imperial City. Only when your faction controls the capital will players be able to challenge Molag Baal and his armies. At this stage it appears only in the province of Cyrodiil will we be able to fight against other players.
  • PVP will encompass fighting enemies and capturing objectives--both of which will boost your factions overall score--as well as providing support to your army by setting up siege engines, reinforcing keeps and upgrading guards.
  • Raids are out. Yes you heard me. Instead, after reaching the level cap new dungeons will become available and old ones will be filled with new mobs. If you've ever played Dragons Dogma, think postgame Everfall.
  • Unlike most MMO's, skills and abilities in TESO will not run on a cool-down timer but rather expend a finite pool of energy (magick, stamina etc.). You may use these abilities as many times as you like, but once you deplete your reserves you will have to restore them using resources found in the game before you may use them again.

The Story
It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom.

Four years ago, in 2E 578, an arcane explosion of energy in the Imperial City set off mystical aftershocks that swept across Nirn. Mages died or went mad. Supernatural abominations from the plane of Oblivion, the Daedra, appeared in greater numbers than ever before. The constellation of the Serpent grew so large that it dominated the night sky.

So began the grand scheme of Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement. His Dark Anchors, vortexes of evil magic, weaken the barrier between worlds, threatening to merge Nirn and Oblivion into a single, nightmarish hellscape.

In the midst of this chaos, three alliances vie for control of the Imperial City and the White-Gold Tower. High Rock, Sentinel, and Orsinium stand as one, united under the rule of the High King in Wayrest. Valenwood and Elsweyr have forged an alliance of their own with Summerset, while Black Marsh, Morrowind, and Skyrim have formed a third, uneasy pact.

The Daggerfall Covenant. The Aldmeri Dominion. The Ebonheart Pact.

Three armies will take up arms against the Empire, and against each other, to wrest control of the Imperial City and White-Gold Tower from the dark forces of Oblivion itself.

Where do your loyalties lie?

Media

TESO Cinematic Trailer

War in Cyrodiil trailer

Character Progression trailer

Screenshots

Screenshot-Ara.jpg
Screenshot-Flmae Atronach.jpg
Screenshot-Dwemer Sphere.jpg
Screenshot-Deshaan.jpg
Screenshot-Breton.jpg
Screenshot-Ayleid Ruins.jpg

Beautiful full HD Concept Art HERE

News

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/storefaq

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/
https://www.facebook.com/ElderScrollsOnline
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextrali ... nline+Wiki
http://elderscrollsonline.info/
http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline
http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrolls-online/
http://us.playstation.com/ps4/games/the ... e-ps4.html

Message 21 of 188 (4,068 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Elder Scrolls Online discussion

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

Anyone buying this game for the PS4 and paying that monthly subscription?

What do you think about the.

1. Game price

2. Monthly Subscription

3. Microtransactions

I am undecided and really reluctant at buying this for the simple fact it has monthly subscription.

Edit: Merged threads. Enjoy! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 188 (3,806 Views)
Fender Bender
4188 posts

Re: Elder Scrolls Online discussion

Feb 7, 2014

I'm probably going to wait for the game to release and check out the reviews and forums to get an idea if it's worth it or not. It sounds like it's gonna be an awesome game, but I'm a little reluctant, as well, to dive into a subscription based game that also cost money to buy.

Message 2 of 188 (3,803 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Feb 7, 2014

I don't have a PS4 but if I did. I will very unlikely buy the game. Already costs big to buy a game and then having to pay monthly to keep playing it. Highly doubt I would :/

Though probably if a lot of people don't buy it/sales poor they may put up on sale, like FF Realm Reborn did. But even then, I don't think I would want to pay monthly or so to keep playing a game, that's just me.

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 188 (3,797 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Feb 7, 2014

@BATTLEFACE  That is what i was thinking as well. In a year you would have invested $240 into the game. Where it will probably get 1 or 2 DLC packs?

The cinematic was absolutely stunning, made it look amazing plus i liked Skyrim, but paying monthly again. WoW milked the cow and made alot of people not like the concept anymore.

i signed up to the beta to test it out.

Message 4 of 188 (3,792 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Feb 7, 2014

@Rene_LedStill no PS4? You have to get it, it's a beautiful piece of hardware.

I am hoping it goes F2P as well like FF and Star Wars

Message 5 of 188 (3,788 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Feb 7, 2014

I will be getting the game.

For robust online MMO's a sub is pretty standard. I dont mind the fee. The problem with Free to Play games is the microtransactions. SWTOR for example. The free to play model works but is very restricted.

I like having all the options available instead of having to pay to unlock them. Often they restrict classes and races during creation in a free to play model.

So overall I am happy with a monthly fee vrs Free to play. It has been this way for a long time on MMO's and worked for me. The new nickel and dime method drives me crazzzyyyy.

Message 6 of 188 (3,776 Views)
Gaming Beast
2144 posts

Feb 7, 2014
I got a bunch of beta keys for pc for this wknd let me know!
Message 7 of 188 (3,773 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2144 posts

Feb 7, 2014
I personally think the game sucks. So I dont care for it no more. Waiting for. Final fantasy and everquest
Message 8 of 188 (3,772 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Feb 7, 2014

@Tea_l3aggins  You going to use those beta keys? Smiley Happy I wanted to test it out. If you really don't want it, message me it.

Message 9 of 188 (3,764 Views)
0 Likes