Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
8603 posts

Re: [INFO] The Evil Within

Apr 9, 2014
Trailer is great. Confirmed my hope that they would actually go into the psychological aspect of the game.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 31 of 275 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
840 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Wow and I thought Outlast was awesome!!!

My PS4 needs this right now!!!!

PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
LET'S GO NEW YORK RANGERS!
Playstation - Playstation 2 - Playstation 3 - PlayStation 4
Keep the tradition going Sony!
Message 32 of 275 (541 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014

If you are heading to Boston for PAX East 2014 then be sure to swing by the Bethesda Booth. There will be public demonstrations for The Evil Within there. I believe Sebastian will be fighting that Boxman creature or something along those lines. I’m sure it will be a blast. In any case, there is a new trailer for The Evil Within available.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 33 of 275 (527 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5316 posts

Apr 9, 2014

this game is looking cooler every moment :smileyhappy:

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 275 (523 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4406 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Rene_Led wrote:

this game is looking cooler every moment :smileyhappy:

Indeed. Looks amazing! I'm sure the sound design will be pretty crazy too. Nothing like playing survival horror games in the dark with a good surround sound system to really immerse you in to the game :smileywink:

Google+Google+Google+Google+
Message 35 of 275 (502 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

nasrulez wrote:
I would hope that there's some decent character development. One reason RE4 made me mad is because Leon went from caring and serious to a one liner toting action hero. He had no emotion and it really hurt his character.

In a game dealing with psychological horror, we should see Sebastian's inner demons and how he'll overcome them.

In my honest opinion, the character development in Resident Evil 4 is very cringe-worthy. This was one of my favorite video games several years ago but I can tell you right now this wasn’t because of its storyline or characters. I’m actually playing through it again right now. I think if this video game had fewer shooter elements and more horror elements I would have enjoyed it more. There is still a special place for it in my video game collection though.

Message 36 of 275 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Apr 11, 2014

That guillotine scene in the trailer seems..... intersting. I wonder if that's also happening in the main character's head 

young beard signature
Message 37 of 275 (480 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

Yeah, I just realized that "The Thing" alien model I posted was too over-the-top! :smileyvery-happy:. And I do agree though, I'm really getting frustrated with the lack of enemy designs. At the end of the game-play trailer, that strange ghost was, in my opinion, a chillingly good direction that they're going. And for some reason, the Silent Hill series have just been gone downhill (which is really disappointing considering how much I loved the originals). I do hope that the scares aren't filled with cheap jump scares (though I'm fine with a few)..... but I wouldn't worry too much as so far it looks really atmospheric.

I am happy that they're making this for last gen as well as I have not had the pleasure to play or own the PS4 yet. But then, of course, the question is: will visuals be held back for next gen because of current gen?

It looks like the newest trailer was able to show us some more enemy designs. I don’t think we have too much to worry about in this department. I do see a lot of comments from people on the Internet about the graphics for The Evil Within though. Perhaps it’s the PS3 or Xbox 360 version in the most recent trailer. Who knows? I think the trailer looks pretty good in 1080p though so I cannot imagine having a beef with this video game in a few months from now. I will still be looking forward to it. Not to mention the developers have a few months to polish it.

I will probably pick up the PlayStation 3 version of The Evil Within unless a PlayStation 4 video game console magically appears in my living room. A part of me is tempted to pick up the PlayStation 3 version of Watch Dogs too. Apparently people aren't happy with the presentation of this video game in a recent trailer either.

Message 38 of 275 (475 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2014

YoungBeard wrote:

New trailer looks awesome. I like the walk in the woods part in the beginning. It also reminds me more of the first Resident Evil now (which is a good thing for me). Also twoards the end, what's with the water creature? :smileysurprised:

The Evil Within still looks like some twisted version of Resident Evil and Silent Hill to me. It probably gives off an Outlast vibe as well. It is everything that I could have hoped for in a dark and unsettling survival horror video game. I don’t think I have seen anything like it in years. Here’s hoping The Evil Within has zero comic relief. I have personally had it up to here with pathetic attempts at this in video games like Resident Evil 4. This nonsense can kill whatever oppressive atmosphere the developers are trying to establish in their survival horror video games.

Message 39 of 275 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8603 posts

Apr 11, 2014
People are always crying about graphics, and honestly it's pathetic. There's so much that goes into video games these days, so why are cosmetics the only thing people look for in games anymore?

They show Julie one time in the entire trailer. Which worries me a little, I hope she's important and not just a throwaway character. The one time we do see her she's behind a door that's made out of barbed wire. Really hoping she's more capable than what they've showed.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Message 40 of 275 (467 Views)
0 Likes