Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: [INFO] The Evil Within

Apr 13, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

KANE-FIRE wrote:

IGN covered the demo.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/12/how-the-evil-within-fails-at-horror?abthid=5349668b35d201aa25...

Fails at horror because of the character's reactions?

I actually like IGN but I have to agree with you on this one. Having a character screaming and soiling his pants on camera does not make a good horror game. Not while you are controlling it at least.

I do like the explanation someone did about giving you too much power to take down enemies decreases the sense of urgency. 

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 109 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Apr 13, 2014

I can't wait for this game! It's going to be awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 109 (376 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11203 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2014

KANE-FIRE wrote:

^ That their opinion.The only way to know if a game is good or bad is by playing it yourself.I'm still looking forward to playing The Evil Within despite IGN negative review.

The Evil Within might be a difficult video game for anyone to "take someone’s word for something" considering that different people are scared by different things and have different expectations for their survival horror experiences. That is what happens when people throw around the survival horror label and apply it to video games that are, at their cores, third person shooter or action/adventure video games. The Evil Within will probably contain a fair bit of action/adventure and third person shooter elements (we can all see this from some of the gameplay footage that has been released). Resident Evil 4 did this before though and it was by no means a terrible video game.

It is my hope that the action/adventure and third person shooter elements in The Evil Within will not have a negative impact on its survival horror and stealth elements. If a balance can be achieved here, which is what the developers seem to be going for, and if there will be more than a few ways to interact with the enemies and the environments then I think it will be awesome. I’m kind of expecting The Evil Within to be a dark and twisted spiritual successor to Resident Evil 4 but it looks like much more than that so I will remain optimistic about it for the foreseeable future.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 109 (364 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Apr 13, 2014

No PS VITA yet?????

PSVITA Lover!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 109 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Apr 13, 2014

I like the way it looks but.....does anyone else get the sense that it's just like Resident Evil 4?

Seriously...

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 109 (325 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11203 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

ultimarequiem wrote:

I like the way it looks but.....does anyone else get the sense that it's just like Resident Evil 4?

Seriously...

I don’t think Resident Evil 4 took a psychological approach to anything in particular. If it did then it wasn’t very prominent. The Evil Within seems to be doing this quite well with hallucinations or reality distortions. We just need to see the extent of this later this year. I see similarities between Resident Evil 4 and The Evil Within but I also see similarities between the latter and other video games as well. The Silent Hill video games immediately come to mind. I don’t think The Evil Within will give me a "been there, done that" vibe so the notion that it resembles Resident Evil 4 in more ways than one doesn't really bother me. I'm still looking forward to this video game.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 109 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8197 posts

Apr 13, 2014
In terms of style, yeah it's very RE4. The whole over the shoulder thing pretty much came from RE4. But to me that's where the similarities end.

One thing RE4 did was made the player too powerful. You were given Grenades, Machine guns, and RPGs. The Evil Within will definitely take that kind of power away from players.
 photo 4E141DBD-1A15-41B2-8D2A-CF1BB69B831A_zpsddamomtr.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 109 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
504 posts

Apr 13, 2014
The graphics look bad I thought it would be better
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 109 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Apr 13, 2014

TheFunkyRapper wrote:
The graphics look bad I thought it would be better

Isn't it too early to judge? But anyways, I play horror games purely for the horror and not the graphics :robothappy:

young beard signature
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 109 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8197 posts

Apr 14, 2014
I don't give a shoe about graphics, but I guarantee they would've been better if they didn't have to scale back for PS3 and 360.
 photo 4E141DBD-1A15-41B2-8D2A-CF1BB69B831A_zpsddamomtr.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 109 (278 Views)
0 Likes