Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
749 posts

Re: Official - Last of us on PS4!

Apr 10, 2014

I might pick this up, eventually. 

I was never interested in re-buying the PS4 Tomb Raider, though..but I've never legit played this game on PS3, so we'll see.

Looks good, however.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 171 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:
@Aureilia - I agree the Story in GTA IV was well written & in some ways that was a problem it became too serious & lost a bit of the charm of the previos game. While Niko was a overall well rounded character he at times bored me & is probably the most unmemorable lead character because of thos goals he had which made him seem a bit too average??

The DLC's for GTA preferably Ballad of Tony Gay now that was great & that's how GTA 4 should have been from the beginning.

As for GTA I also agree the story was a bit disappointing partially because a lot of resourse went into having 3 characters & trying to mesh everything together so I forgive them since they atleast tried to innovate with how they told the story. But GTA V to me felt like it was made for Next gen & think it needs to be redone graphically so it can really shine, plus the frame rate, pop ins, jaggies would all be gone & improved & we all know GTA Online would certainly benefit those load times & terrible draw in distance / texture pop ups tho :smileyindifferent:

The problem lies there, different wants for games.

I didn't like the DLC.

The characters in GTA V are mostly bad I'd have to say. I don't like how Trevor is crazy for the sake of shock value, I don't like Franklin at all because well. His goal is money?

Michael is a good character though. I'll give them that. He has a family he cares about, he loses them and has to try to sort himself out a little to regain them.

The line there is I tend to levitate to more realistic relatable characters.

I really do like everything about Liberty City though. That really helps. It's got slums, it's got bright lights, it's got a little bit of everything.

I played Saints Row 2 a lot back in the day, that's the fine line between crazy and serious that GTA should have taken as it tends to appeal to both audiences. I don't mind SR3 or 4 though. They are awesome. Because they don't do what GTA V did. GTA V has serious gameplay and didn't build the game around it's characters while SR is built around them.

GTA with it's gameplay has to be like GTA 4. As far as I'm concerned you either be a crazy game or you be serious. mixing both totally loses my interest. SR 2 mixed them both in story and gameplay so it was clearly intended to be a mix of serious and crazy. GTA 5 gets lost for me because when I'm traveling I'm playing a serious game, as soon as dialog starts I'm playing a crazy game. I just don't understand the transition.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 171 (509 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4610 posts

Apr 10, 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 171 (493 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4610 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Behind the scenes look/interview of The Last of Us Remastered Edition for PS4, the ending of the video mentions that the Majority ["lion share"] of the studio of Naughty Dog are doing Uncharted 4. So only a small team is doing the TLoU port.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 171 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Sooooo Happy!! Can't wait!!!! :womanhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 171 (484 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2398 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Pretty happy as there's not a lot of good multiplayer games on ps4 right now.  Loved this multiplayer though, I wonder if it will be any different.  

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 171 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8362 posts

Apr 10, 2014
Hope there's a 10$ upgrade program. I'll get it regardless, but it would still be nice to save a couple bucks.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 171 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1766 posts

Apr 10, 2014

nasrulez wrote:
Hope there's a 10$ upgrade program. I'll get it regardless, but it would still be nice to save a couple bucks.

Same here. If it's not a $10 upgrade, I'll probably just wait for a price drop. I paid so much for the version on PS3. I hope us PS3 gamers get something as a "reward" for playing the PS3 version first...... that would be nice :robothappy: 

young beard signature
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 171 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Apr 10, 2014

That trailer makes the game look like an innocent post-apocalyptic game where the world is taking over by giraffes. I'd love to see the reaction of anybody left unawares who buys it based on that...hahaha

I'm not really a fan of TLOU (I find it slow, monotonous and [b]TOO[/b] realistic) but I hope it sells tons and moves PS4s.

~~~~~~~~~~~~12

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 171 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Apr 10, 2014

Chipz_and_Cola wrote:

yup.  one of the many reasons i got a PS4 over xbox 1. 

i just hope beyond and heavy rain come over to PS4 in some form, digital, backwards compat, or playstation now

Quantic Dream's Facebook page has already confirmed that Beyond will be available on PS Now, but I haven't heard anything regarding Heavy Rain. Given how popular it was, I imagine it will be.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 171 (452 Views)
0 Likes