MVP Support
5975 posts

Re: Official - Last of us on PS4!

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2014

Well people have already started to break down the differences already just down to the new trailer, here's a pic but I'll provide a link Smiley Wink!

Remastered:

the last of us r 3

NeoGaf:

WvKf9BV

http://mp1st.com/2014/04/10/last-us-remastered-comparison-shows-improved-aa-added-details/#.U0bx6xko...

So far, Neogaf has found the following improvements:

Better Anti-Aliasing

Better Anisotropic Filtering

Longer Draw Distance

More grass, plants, and objects on screen

Rounded DX11 Character Models and objects

Particle Effects are no longer half resolution

Higher texture resolution's and shadows across the board

1080p @ 60fps

Message 50 of 171 (655 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

da1writer wrote:

Behind the scenes look/interview of The Last of Us Remastered Edition for PS4, the ending of the video mentions that the Majority ["lion share"] of the studio of Naughty Dog are doing Uncharted 4. So only a small team is doing the TLoU port.

They should have outsourced the entire thing. Quicker they all work on Uncharted quicker they can hurry up with it.

I'm seriously struggling to wait for Uncharted.. Anticipation levels at 110%.

Message 51 of 171 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Am I the only one wondering why they are doing a Remaster of this?

Isn't Playstation Now supposed to take care of our "wants" for PS3 titles on PS4? Why put the effort into a project like this if we have PS Now coming supposedly this summer?

Don't get me wrong, this is cool in all, but I was hoping to just use PS Now for these titles I missed. One of the reasons I bought a PS4 in the first place. Doesn't make sense to me.

Message 52 of 171 (616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 11, 2014

Super excited for this, Game changer! I am pretty suprised how quickly they have annouced it. I suppose you wouldnt want a flagship game like that not on Next Gen for too long. 

Message 53 of 171 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Apr 11, 2014
@UnrealButcher

The PS3 games that are on PS Now will have the same graphics that they had on PS3 even if you are playing on the PS4. Remastering it for the PS4 will get more sales from people who haven't played it before, and from people who have played it, and just want to see a prettier, smoother version.

Basically, I think it's just because it's such a great game and they think they can make more money off of it.
Message 54 of 171 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2014

Evan297 wrote:
@UnrealButcher

The PS3 games that are on PS Now will have the same graphics that they had on PS3 even if you are playing on the PS4. Remastering it for the PS4 will get more sales from people who haven't played it before, and from people who have played it, and just want to see a prettier, smoother version.

Basically, I think it's just because it's such a great game and they think they can make more money off of it.

I understand and agree (I'm one of those people that didn't have a PS3 to play TLoU and am looking forward to it).

It just seems it would have helped people purchase PS Now subscriptions (or whatever route they're going with PS Now) on PS4 with such a big title, if it wasn't available to PS4 owners in a better format.

Message 55 of 171 (607 Views)
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Apr 11, 2014
@UnrealButcher

I think that may factor into some peoples decision. I think that the majority of people who are getting PS Now will want it for more than just the one game. Sony probably assessed the situation and figured this would generate the most profits that they could with this game.

I know I will be getting both PS Now (for a few months anyway, longer if I like it) and TLOU Remastered. I am also very happy that they did in fact remaster it, and I know not everyone will be.

Message 56 of 171 (602 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5975 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2014

UnrealButcher wrote:

Am I the only one wondering why they are doing a Remaster of this?

Isn't Playstation Now supposed to take care of our "wants" for PS3 titles on PS4? Why put the effort into a project like this if we have PS Now coming supposedly this summer?

Don't get me wrong, this is cool in all, but I was hoping to just use PS Now for these titles I missed. One of the reasons I bought a PS4 in the first place. Doesn't make sense to me.

Originally, they weren't going to do a port as like you mentioned, it would be on PS Now after all. Things changed though after many voiced their concerns that PS Now may not be an option for them currently due to Data Caps, Slow internet, or have no internet at all (smartphones). So with this in mind and PS3 backwards compatibility out of the question, Sony mentioned on Twitter that they would look at other solutions. Now that The Last of Us has recieved more GOTY awards than any game in history, they obviously wanted to capitalize on the achievement by providing a Remastered port for those who can't do PS Now, never owned a PS3, or the game itself. Now PS3 and PS4 owners have the choice to purchase the full game or rent it through PS Now.

Message 57 of 171 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3382 posts

Apr 11, 2014

sooooooooo I was waiting for the Ps3 version to drop in price.....Now I'm gonna wait for the Ps4 version to drop in price.

guitar guru 2012
Message 58 of 171 (581 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Apr 11, 2014
I'm very pleased they're porting this. This is the only exclusive that ever really tempted me to get a PS3. I wouldn't/won't be paying for a subscription to PS Now... Assuming one is needed? The idea of streaming games doesn't sound very appealing to me anyway. I have no interest in bringing all of the issues with online multiplayer into a single player game (lag, disconnects, data usage, etc) I put up with it in multiplayer because it comes with the territory. If I have an option to play locally?... Give me that please.

LAN parties play way better than online as well. They're just not practical now that online is a viable option.

So yeah... Not interested in PS Now. Very excited to finally be getting TLOU.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 59 of 171 (602 Views)
0 Likes