Highlighted
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: What are the other 54+ games coming to the PS Vita this year?

Apr 30, 2013

JuanMdP wrote: snipped

I'm not going to bother debating with you what is or isn't a game. People whine that there aren't any games coming to the Vita. Sony announces a bunch of them and all people can do is cry "those aren't ones I want and so whaaaa! still no games coming out".

As I've noted over the last year or so, you take great pride in dismissing anything Playstation related. So again I"m putting you back on ignore because all you can do is complain. Have a nice life. You aren't worth the effort.

Message 141 of 726 (391 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 30, 2013

Occhi07 wrote

PapaWarlock wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

TxK

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/24/cult-studio-llamasoft-blazes-onto-ps-vita-with-txk/

Oh wow! There's a game I haven't played in decades. I had a handheld clone of Tempest back in the days when handhelds only had one game on them. Never played TxK but this might hit my radar.

what kind of game is it?

It's a space vector game. Hard to explain. Here's a video I found that might help you out.

Message 142 of 726 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 30, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

I bought my Vita for full retail type games, not ios or XBLA games. They need to up their game (literally).

Edit: I guess one good thing has come of this discussion. I now realize they will more then likely be adding ios and cheap arcade style games as the free games to PS+ for Vita users. So there's not much point in my subscribing. Guess I'll just pick and choose from the few games I'm interested in. Such a shame. Smiley Sad

Well that's the thing, what one person considers to be trash, another person finds to be a gem. 90% of what I've seen brought out for the PS 3 has been trash in my opinion, but others find those same games to be awesome and think the games I like are trash. It's all up to personal points of view.

The fact that indy developers are taking the time to develop for the Vita is not a bad thing. It shows an interest in the platform. True these games are not AAA games like Uncharted, Tales of, Final Fantasy, Skyrim or other big name franchises, but still, it means there is interest. The more who develop for the system the more likely others will begin to pick up the system. The more likely 3rd party developers will show interest in the Vita and begin development for the Vita as well.

If you choose not to pick up any of the games, then that's your choice. But you never know what you might be missing out on either. /shrug/ To each their own. Sorry that you feel the selection isn't worth your time.

Message 143 of 726 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 30, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

As I've noted over the last year or so, you take great pride in dismissing anything Playstation related. So again I"m putting you back on ignore because all you can do is complain. Have a nice life. You aren't worth the effort.

Oh, not at all. That's why I own a PSV and at least 35 games for it; not to mention my 40 PSP titles. I like the hardware, I don't like the treatment. Also, apparently I was worth the effort of a post, so I guess I am worth something to you after all~.

Message 144 of 726 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Apr 30, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

JuanMdP wrote: snipped

I'm not going to bother debating with you what is or isn't a game. People whine that there aren't any games coming to the Vita. Sony announces a bunch of them and all people can do is cry "those aren't ones I want and so whaaaa! still no games coming out".

^This.

I don't really get why people whine about smaller indie games, even if some are just remastered iOS games. They have no impact on the bigger titles, so what's the harm in bringing them to the Vita? Some people quite enjoy having some smaller casual games to play when they don't want to or can't invest the time in a more involved game.

Anyone who thought the "100+ games" announcement meant 100+ AAA games is naive, dumb, or both. I fully expect some AAA titles (or "large indie" games) announced at E3 for the Vita, but I'm fully expecting none of them to come this year, as AAA titles typically have longer development cycles and the industry isn't the best at keeping secrets. Maybe it's possible a studio has secretly been working a year or longer on an unannounced AAA Vita title that will be ready to release by the end of the year, but I doubt it. But I'm not the type of person that needs 100 AAA titles to choose from, or even 20 for that matter. Give me a good five, and I'm more than happy. I already don't have time to play all the games I own.

Message 145 of 726 (371 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Apr 30, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Anyone who thought the "100+ games" announcement meant 100+ AAA games is naive, dumb, or both. I fully expect some AAA titles (or "large indie" games) announced at E3 for the Vita, but I'm fully expecting none of them to come this year, as AAA titles typically have longer development cycles and the industry isn't the best at keeping secrets. Maybe it's possible a studio has secretly been working a year or longer on an unannounced AAA Vita title that will be ready to release by the end of the year, but I doubt it. But I'm not the type of person that needs 100 AAA titles to choose from, or even 20 for that matter. Give me a good five, and I'm more than happy. I already don't have time to play all the games I own.

I own the Vita, a 3DS, a PS 3. These are my main 3 systems that I play on. If I come away with 3 or 4 new games for each one a year, that's awesome in my opinion. I've picked up a few PSN titles for the Vita and PS 3 and am usually happy with the choices. One man's gem is another man's trash.

At least we've got games coming for us Smiley Happy Thank you for the support dude.

Message 146 of 726 (367 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Apr 30, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

I don't really get why people whine about smaller indie games, even if some are just remastered iOS games. They have no impact on the bigger titles, so what's the harm in bringing them to the Vita? Some people quite enjoy having some smaller casual games to play when they don't want to or can't invest the time in a more involved game.

I've said this a million times now: Sony advertised that it'd be a hardcore gaming console. I'm getting indies. Yeah, I'm going to complain. I'm not looking down on you or PapaWarlock for being super happy with Sony, you shouldn't look down on me for being a demanding consumer. No, I don't expect any potential AAA game announced at E3 to come out this year, but announcements build trust. It tells me that at least Sony is going to invest on their initial promise~.

As I made an example of those games PapaWarlock listed as already out. They are for the most part ports / shared exclusives with the PS3 or worse, iOS ports. You like that? It's awesome. I don't. And that's awesome too. Any other questions~?

Message 147 of 726 (358 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1357 posts

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 30, 2013

AAA, ports, indie or not there still freakin games. If you don't care for them then simply don't buy them. Just wait for the games you want

Message 148 of 726 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7134 posts

Apr 30, 2013

@juan what you consider  a qaulity games and the number of game that being released is two diffrent matters.. Just admit your where wrong? This has nothing  to  do with personal prefrences of what you think is  quality.. Personally  alot of those devs and games yoru  calling  qaulity are nothing  up to  par of that, i could  name some psp/psn games that are better qaulity.. The  whole thing  is personal prefrence of qaulity. cod unclssied is considered a quality games but  the vita version is far from that "quality"  they  where looking for.. Big Name  games  dont mean qaulity,  becuase its sell in quanitity,

Alot devs  from are 3rd party.. I cant understand how you want major 3d party support  and they bring  in  alot 3rd party devs, new devs. Every one deserve a fair shake, why  give the shake to the same people over and over all time. then  some complain about quality games and lack of  genre games.. Not to  be rude."BUt  give it rest with that area of talk" Not being rude.

Hate to sound  rude..  But admit your  wrong.. nd ill  understand your point of prefrences with  quality . But that personal  thing..  Some think sould caliber is better qaulity than tekken and vise versa..?

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 149 of 726 (309 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Apr 30, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

@juan what you consider  a qaulity games and the number of game that being released is two diffrent matters.. Just admit your where wrong? This has nothing  to  do with personal prefrences of what you think is  quality.. Personally  alot of those devs and games yoru  calling  qaulity are nothing  up to  par of that, i could  name some psp/psn games that are better qaulity.. The  whole thing  is personal prefrence of qaulity. cod unclssied is considered a quality games but  the vita version is far from that "quality"  they  where looking for.. Big Name  games  dont mean qaulity,  becuase its sell in quanitity,

Alot devs  from are 3rd party.. I cant understand how you want major 3d party support  and they bring  in  alot 3rd party devs, new devs. Every one deserve a fair shake, why  give the shake to the same people over and over all time. then  some complain about quality games and lack of  genre games.. Not to  be rude."BUt  give it rest with that area of talk" Not being rude.

Hate to sound  rude..  But admit your  wrong.. nd ill  understand your point of prefrences with  quality . But that personal  thing..  Some think sould caliber is better qaulity than tekken and vise versa..?

Even google translate couldn't help me read this post XD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 150 of 726 (304 Views)
0 Likes