Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Re: What are the other 54+ games coming to the PS Vita this year?

May 1, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Sony needs to start actually marketing the Vita and put it at a price point that will allow the Vita to sell, to flourish and to move forward.

I think the marketing is  quite actually very good and very broad ofr ps vita..  Dispite what other may say( i hvae looked into it.. i think it boils  to getting orginal title to the ps vita. IP's ..  monster hunter was that title that pushed  gaming for psp i.. it was original new  concept.. Tim consuming also fun.. Why do people fantasy star  franchise. same  exact reason.. its easy market  if the fans like it..

They need a demon souls type of game on ps vita, i   think soul sacrifice is great title its going to do well becuase it  time consuming..gamers like that.   People want  an experience in gaming.. I think the  slogan use to be "live in your world, play in our".. Thats what  monster hunter ,  demon souls and soul sacrfice are  they're a gaming experiece not   just a pick up and  play for 4 hours and  off to the next one. They pull you into a world and keep you coming back  like a star wars movie or  a good book.   I think if sony use that philosophy for vita titles   it doesnt matter the dev  the game will sell.

IT worked pretty well for  ps2 and psp

I don't know where you live, but where I live, I never see advertising for any Sony Playstation product. In the online world, I know where to find my Playstation related information, but even so, I almost never come across an actual ad for Playstation. When I see a commercial on tv it's usually MS, or even in the instances of multi-platform games, Xbox is in bigger font, while Sony's Playstation is a tiny logo at the last second in the commercial.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just I never see Sony advertising and most gamers I know haven't seen it either.

As for Monster Hunter, it did help push the PSP's sales. No doubt. But it wasn't original. The franchise first appeared on the PS 2, if I'm not completely mistaken. The first Monster Hunter on PSP was based off the Japanese only MH expansion MH G. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 was based off of MH 2 on the PS 2. Unfortunately after 4 installments on the PSP, it moved to the Wii and the 3DS. The lack of Monster Hunter on the Vita is definitely a huge blow to the Playstation brand.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, nor am I disagreeing that the Vita needs more full games, rather than just small indie games. But I don't agree that the indie games can't serve a purpose in pushing the Vita forward.

I see them all the time the ads for ps vita and ps3...

I thought monster hunter was replaced with demon souls at one point.  LOl i really did..hhahaSmiley Very Happy  i had friend of mines tell me  it not going exclusive to ps brands I  was like wow.. I think MH can be replaced i   thinksoul sacrfice is that game to replace it,

i played 5 mins of it and will play more . I have a copy on my ps vita.. that  a very good game. very time consuming.  I  can see that from 5 mins of play.

Me personally i would love to see  the creator of tobal 1 and 2 akira toriyoma and Seciihii Iishii back together to make  tobal 3 for  ps 3 or  psv . or maybe even hd  remake to  the ps brand. maybe a new ip by one of them.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 161 of 726 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

I don't know where you live, but where I live, I never see advertising for any Sony Playstation product. In the online world, I know where to find my Playstation related information, but even so, I almost never come across an actual ad for Playstation.

So true, though I would say there have been 3 maybe 4 PS3 commercials that I recall in the last few years. But, I can not recall ever seeing a single Vita ad that wasn't on a gaming specific website. I mean, what happened regular old marketing bombardment, posting billboards, painting buses, running commercials, sponsoring events, whatever it takes to get the common person to mention it in conversation. It bugs me so much when I finally allow myself to think about it.

But let me calm down. Even though I would  prefer "better" games or more original IPs to try out, I'd say we stil need these ports. I personally may not buy them at full PSN price, but through a sale like the one currently happening and/or a PS+ discount, and I'm much more likely to take a second look. I'll take a port or two to stave off my gaming craving. But I can only say that because I'm lucky enough to own a vita. I've purchased three different PS3s since its launch but all of them have been a competitive price and came with at least one good game, can't say I'm planning on repeating that with the vita. I'm not saying that it needs to come with a game post E3 (though if it did come with a decent game, that would be nice), but at the very least, a price drop is definitely needed, or some type of bundle that would make the entire price of things worth it...for a handheld.

Message 162 of 726 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 1, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

As for Monster Hunter, it did help push the PSP's sales. No doubt. But it wasn't original. The franchise first appeared on the PS 2, if I'm not completely mistaken. The first Monster Hunter on PSP was based off the Japanese only MH expansion MH G. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 was based off of MH 2 on the PS 2. Unfortunately after 4 installments on the PSP, it moved to the Wii and the 3DS. The lack of Monster Hunter on the Vita is definitely a huge blow to the Playstation brand.

And yet every review I've read for Soul Sacrifice mentions that SS is a better MH. So does the Vita really need MH now? I'm not so sure.

Message 163 of 726 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

May 2, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

And yet every review I've read for Soul Sacrifice mentions that SS is a better MH. So does the Vita really need MH now? I'm not so sure.

I'm sure fans of MH would like to see it return to Playstation, but even though I don't think MH would push nearly as many Vita units as it could, it would definitely push Vita sales. Would that push be enough to make a huge difference? That I don't know for certain. But honestly any push in sales can't be a bad thing, even if the difference in measured in the hundreds of thousands rather than over a million.

Message 164 of 726 (600 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

May 9, 2013

Updated. Thanks Merc.

Message 166 of 726 (537 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

May 15, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

Atomic Ninjas

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/15/this-is-atomic-ninjas-on-playstation-3-ps-vita?abthid=5193c04...

Thanks Merc. You seem to catch these a lot quicker than I do.

Message 168 of 726 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Message 169 of 726 (259 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

May 15, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Having played SS rather intensively now, I can honestly say SS is nowhere near the heels of MH. MH has a far larger, better, more diverse bestiary than SS. There's a lot more customization available both in terms of looks as well as gamestyle. So no, whoever wrote that SS is a better MH is full of it and yes, the PSV really needs MH~.

Would it help sales in the West? I'm not sure. Would it help sales in the East? Absolutely. MH3rd is the reason the PSP became relevant in Japan~.

Message 170 of 726 (254 Views)
0 Likes