Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 9, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Well, I guess you could blame the Lego series for my distrust. Instead of getting something like the PS3 version of Lego Batman we got the 3DS version with slightly better graphics. Same thing could be said about the LotR version. But like I said, I hope I'm proven wrong. 2.5D for a game that has strong roots in Open World is one other concern but for all I know it'll be a brand new experience on its own~.

Arkham Asylum wasn't really open world. The "open" section really acted more like a hub that you played through just to get to the linear levels. The only thing open about it was that it allowed you to tackle areas in (almost) any order. I would say, if anything, Blackgate would lean more toward Asylum than City in that regard - maybe have an overworld where you can choose where to go for the actual 2.5D levels, but not much more than that in terms of an open world feel.

 

I never played the Lego games on Vita, so I can't really comment on them. I will say, however, that it seems developers have been realizing the Vita's graphical prowess more and more of late, whereas the aforementioned Lego games were developed within the Vita's first year (and development probably started with DKs even prior to it), so they probably didn't know the system's full potential when they were developing them and were being "safe" to ensure a solid, fluid experience.

Message 81 of 726 (647 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/19/2008
Offline
4457 posts
 

Re: Tearaway Release Date Announced

Apr 9, 2013

This fall is going to be amazing for Playstation games. Killzone, Tearaway, Beyond, PS4 and even more we dont know about.

Message 82 of 726 (641 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2031 posts
 

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 9, 2013
i dont understand 2.5d....
Message 83 of 726 (636 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 9, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
i dont understand 2.5d....

Basically an industry term to refer to a 2D (usually side-scrolling) platformer with 3D environments. Think LBP and Trine.

Message 84 of 726 (634 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 9, 2013

Invizimals is coming soon.

Here

 

Message 85 of 726 (623 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2031 posts
 

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 10, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:
i dont understand 2.5d....

Basically an industry term to refer to a 2D (usually side-scrolling) platformer with 3D environments. Think LBP and Trine.


haha ok thanks.

Message 86 of 726 (620 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: Tearaway Release Date Announced

Apr 10, 2013

OptimusC wrote:
Release date announced by IGN.

 

here's the link!:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/ps-vitas-tearaway-has-a-release-date?abthid=5164447f97f3e5862...

 


Thanks. Just updated the thread a bit. Saw the article on IGN before your post. Was having trouble finding the thread so I had to use my bookmarked page.

Message 87 of 726 (617 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/29/2010
Online
4684 posts
 

Re: Upcoming PS Vita Games

Apr 10, 2013

The PS Vita is really starting to take off. I'm proud to say that I was an early adopter and have supported it since day one. I'm glad I stuck with it and didn't listen to all the negativity.

Message 88 of 726 (607 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Tearaway Release Date Announced

Apr 10, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

OptimusC wrote:
Release date announced by IGN.

 

here's the link!:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/ps-vitas-tearaway-has-a-release-date?abthid=5164447f97f3e5862...

 


Thanks. Just updated the thread a bit. Saw the article on IGN before your post. Was having trouble finding the thread so I had to use my bookmarked page.


Looks like you forgot the other announcement - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Message 89 of 726 (604 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11299 posts
 

Re: Tearaway Release Date Announced

Apr 10, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

OptimusC wrote:
Release date announced by IGN.

 

here's the link!:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/ps-vitas-tearaway-has-a-release-date?abthid=5164447f97f3e5862...

 


Thanks. Just updated the thread a bit. Saw the article on IGN before your post. Was having trouble finding the thread so I had to use my bookmarked page.


Looks like you forgot the other announcement - Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate


I didn't see that. But then I didn't read the article on the new Batman game.

Message 90 of 726 (602 Views)
Reply
0 Likes