Feb 25 2014
By: da1writer MVP Support 6033 posts

[INFO] Wolfenstein : The New Order

[ Edited ]
183 replies 7073 views Edited Jun 19, 2015
Click above to go to official site!

Click above to go to PlayStation Page!

5.19.14 - Wolfenstein Dropping tomorrow!
5.15.14 - PlatStation Blog : Q & A
5.12.14 - 1080P @ 60fps
2.24.14 - Hands-on Preview
2.19.14 - Preorder Wolfenstien : The New Order for Doom Beta Access
5.8.13 No Multiplayer, Focused on SP campaign

Official Twitter | Facebook

Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS3

Genre: Shooter

Supported Players: 1

Developer: MachineGames

PublisherBethesda Softworks [Twitter |Facebook]

Release Date: May 20 2014

ERSB Game Rating: M

Digital Download Size:  PS3 - 17.8GB, PS4 - 52 GB

Platform: PS4

Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: $59.99

Wolfenstein: The New Order on PS4 and PS3

Play the Original Wolfenstein 3D 
[*Thanks to Bethesda for Providing*]

Wolfenstein®: The New OrderTM reignites the series that created the first-person shooter genre. The year is 1960 and the Nazi’s have won World War II. War hero B.J. Blazkowicz must launch an impossible counter-offensive against the monstrous Nazi regime that has conquered the globe.

Intense, cinematic and rendered in stunning detail with id® Software’s id Tech® 5 engine, Wolfensteinsends players across Europe on a mission to bring down the Nazi war machine. Infiltrate their most heavily guarded facilities, battle high-tech Nazi legions, and take control of super-weapons that have conquered the earth – and beyond. Wolfenstein is under development at MachineGames, a studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognized for their work creating award-winning games.

Story

Europe, 1960. The Nazis turned the tide of the war using a new kind of mysterious, advanced technology. Using unrelenting force and intimidation, they have brought even the most powerful of nations to their knees. The Nazi regime now rules the globe with an iron fist. Play as the one man who dares go up against the world’s most formidable military. You are B.J. Blazkowicz, the American war hero. You are the only man capable of rewriting history.

• The Assault - 
    Experience intense first-person combat as you go up against oversized Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops – all rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine.
  • The Action - Wolfenstein's breath-taking set pieces feature intense mountain-top car chases, underwater exploration, player-controlled Nazi war machines, and much more – all combined to create an exhilarating action-adventure experience.
  • The Arsenal - Collect ultra-advanced Nazi-tech! Break into secret research facilities and heavily guarded weapon stashes to upgrade your tools of destruction.
  • The Adventure - Hi-octane action and thrilling adventure weaved together into a tightly paced, super immersive game narrative.Intense, cinematic and rendered in stunning detail with id® Software’s id Tech® 5 engine, Wolfenstein sends players across Europe on a mission to bring down the Nazi war machine. Infiltrate their most heavily guarded facilities, battle high-tech Nazi legions, and take control of super-weapons that have conquered the earth – and beyond. Wolfenstein is under development at MachineGames, a studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognized for their work creating award-winning games.
  • The Voice Commands - Better than a weapon wheel, just speak what weapon you want and even single wield or dual wield. You can even ask to open your journal, map, and even tell B.J. Blazkowicz to reload or throw a grenade at those Nazi scum !

BJ Blazkowicz (left)

This Army Ranger trained special forces operative has spent his life fighting Nazis as a one man army chasing Hitler's henchmen: Himmler and Deathshead across Europe. In a last-ditch assault on Deathshead's headquarters Captain Blazkowicz is gravely injured by the powerful, otherworldly, enemy forces. Stuck in a coma after the injury he's a shell of man until fourteen years later in 1960 when it all starts coming back.

Anya Oliwa (right)

This archeology student had to abandon her studies to take up the family business of running the mom-and-pop mental asylum where she serves has head nurse. She's the caretaker to one badly injured man, our protagonist BJ, when one day the Nazis come to close the place down and “purge” the remaining patients. She's forced to make a choice.

Probst Wyatt III (left)

This Harvard boy turned back like his father to join the services but this blue-eyed, ivy league college kid hasn't lost the positive naivete that he started with as a 17-year-old airman. Seeing the good in everything might be his downfall.

Fergus Reid (right)

Furgus Reid is an unlikely sidekick. This Scottish Highland lad is no stranger to hardship. After working years in a shipyard and a couple more in the air service a drunken bet landed him with a promotion to airman. But what the rough 'n tumble Scott is lacking in experience he makes up with heart.

Frau Engel (Left)

As the head of the Bund Deutscher Mädel (League of German Girls) Frau Engel is doing more than knitting warm lederhosen and practicing her Schuhplattler dance. This dutiful Nazi raised six aryan children to serve the Fatherland and her reward was assuming command of the forced labor camp Belica. Which the Frau runs with an iron fist and a little pet named Bubi.

Bubi (center)

Poor little “Bubi.” Otherwise known as Hans Winkle this aryan ponce is FrauEngel's little pet. Having been employed at Engel's labor camp Belica as a heavy-handed guard since he was 19, this little guy has no problem dropping the hammer for his master Engel.

Deathshead (right)

General Willhelm “Deathshead” Strasse returns. Having been chased across Europe by Blazkowicz in previous games and throwing all sorts of monstrosities from his rocket-wielding Ubersoldat to a demon-infused Heinrich Himmler, Deathshead is the master behind the secret powers harnessed to defeat the allies. Blazkowicz must once again face the head of the SS Special Projects Division for the third, and hopefully final time.

Message 1 of 184 (7,073 Views)
MVP Support
9600 posts

Re: [INFO] Wolfenstein : The New Order

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2014

The lack of mp worries me, however the SPdoes look like it's going to be awesome.The last Wolfenstein was pretty solid, however I found that the sp was cut short and the mp was a cod clone.Considering how fun RTCW on Xbox was, I was surprised that they werent going to include any MP for the latest one.

Message 2 of 184 (7,063 Views)
MVP Support
6033 posts

Message 3 of 184 (7,028 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

The lack of mp worries me, however the SPdoes look like it's going to be awesome.The last Wolfenstein was pretty solid, however I found that the sp was cut short and the mp was a cod clone.Considering how fun RTCW on Xbox was, I was surprised that they werent going to include any MP for the latest one.

The lack of MP encourages me!  Wolf3D didn't have MP, and I STILL play that game!  

I'm way more excited for this installment than I was.  Preordering next week, for sure.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 184 (7,020 Views)
MVP Support
6033 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014
Message 5 of 184 (7,002 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5704 posts

Wolfenstein: The New Order Gameplay

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2014

here is the new gameplay footage aboard the train

Extracted from source: "All aboard the train the Berlin in this gameplay from Wolfenstein: The New Order. Just make sure you've got a ticket."

Mod Edit: Updated label & extracted main idea from source. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 6 of 184 (6,942 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
37302 posts

Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Gameplay

Mar 21, 2014

the new gameplay vids great i cannot wait for this game!!!

Message 7 of 184 (6,888 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Mar 28, 2014
That box art just gives me wood

320 Gig PS3 Slim Move Bundle CECH-2501B w/ 240gb Intel 335 SSD
500 Gig PS4 Launch Model CUH-1001A w/ 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Vita Slim PCH-2000 w/ 8 gig card
Message 9 of 184 (6,832 Views)