Apr 23 2013
By: MorphineBear First Son 19 posts
Accepted Solution

If I buy a crossbuy game, could I give someone the PS3 disk and use the PSVita code for myself?

3 replies 110 views Edited Apr 23, 2013

I don't own a PS3 and have never bought a Crossbuy game either, so I don't have any knowledge about this.

Would this work? Could I give him the disk to play on his PS3 and I just use the PSVita code (I think it's a code) to download directly from the PSN store?

Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7737 posts

Re: If I buy a crossbuy game, could I give someone the PS3 disk and use the PSVita code for myself?

Apr 23, 2013
As far as I can read, you'll need the disc inserted in the PS3 to access "Cross Buy Benefits" option on the menus.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/05/cross-buy-for-sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-not-working-...
Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11723 posts

Re: If I buy a crossbuy game, could I give someone the PS3 disk and use the PSVita code for myself?

Apr 23, 2013

Like Doppel said, the Vita version is added to your account permanently through a one-time process that is done via the PS3.

Potentially though, you could do what you're saying. You would need to sign into your account on your friends PS3, and redeem the Disc Benefits. Then the Vita version would be on your account, and your friend could use the PS3 disc as he wishes.

Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Apr 24, 2013

Hmm. I guess that doesn't seem too hard.

Darn Amazon for having the PS3 version of Sly Cooper on sale at almost the same price as the PSVita version!
Sort of wanting the Vita-only version though since I want the box (seriously, I want the box).

Message 4 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes