Highlighted
Mar 20 2013
By: MorphineBear First Son 19 posts
Accepted Solution

If I purchase a game without enough funds, will the game be charged on a connected credit card?

5 replies 121 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

Hello. I'm actually not sure if there's a credit card that's connected to my account (I don't believe so).

RIght now I have $16.-- in my PSN wallet and I was looking to buy GTA: Vice City Stories for $19.99. Clearly I'm down $3.--. What would happen if I click purchase and buy? Would it be charged on my credit card or whole thing just be rejected with some sort of error?

Thank you very much. If you need some more information, I'll be happy to add some more.

Message 1 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27173 posts

Re: If I purchase a game without enough funds, will the game be charged on a connected credit card?

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

The purchase wouldn't go through, and you'd get a message that there are insufficient funds in your account. If there is a credit card on your account, you'd be billed the remainder on your card.

Message 2 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: If I purchase a game without enough funds, will the game be charged on a connected credit card?

Mar 20, 2013

It should say clearly what it will do as soon as you click "Buy".

Message 3 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12919 posts

Mar 20, 2013

It will say "You need $X to complete this transaction. Would you like to add funds?" Or something along that line

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6593 posts

Mar 20, 2013

MorphineBear wrote:

Hello. I'm actually not sure if there's a credit card that's connected to my account (I don't believe so).

RIght now I have $16.-- in my PSN wallet and I was looking to buy GTA: Vice City Stories for $19.99. Clearly I'm down $3.--. What would happen if I click purchase and buy? Would it be charged on my credit card or whole thing just be rejected with some sort of error?

Thank you very much. If you need some more information, I'll be happy to add some more.

it wont buy. 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 5 of 6 (87 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Ah okay. You (and everyone below) were right.

It simply linked to another screen with the two "add funds" buttons.
Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)
0 Likes