Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Re: If Naughty Dog makes Uncharted 4 on PS4...

Jul 7, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

To be honest, I'm not expecting an Uncharted 4 from Naughty Dog. At all.

Naughty Dog transitions to a new IP every gen. Crash Bandicoot was PS1, then they shifted gears to Jak & Daxter for PS2, then Uncharted for PS3. The Last of Us, yes, I would definitely expect a sequel to that on PS4, since that seems very much like their new IP for next gen. But no Uncharted 4. I think they're done with the series. History says so.

Ugh. if that happens, I'm done with ND..

Uncharted 4 needs to happen, they broke Uncharted's story. They left way too many plot holes in Uncharted 3 and it desperately needs a fix.

It's the most sabotaged story of any game I've ever played.

Message 11 of 19 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way!

Uncharted 3's story felt rushed and incomplete. There were so many plotholes, I couldn't even believe it came from Naughty Dog.

LUDICROUS_BANANA STRIKES AGAIN!

Fadi is the greatest sig creator within 1 mile
Message 12 of 19 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Naughty Dog said they are not doing a TLOU sequel.

Message 13 of 19 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Actually incorrect. They said there is plenty more to tell in The Last of Us, just not with those main characters, Ellie and whoever the guy was. Their story is done. But there are plenty more stories to tell in that world.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 14 of 19 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7190 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

ND's logic, use yellow tint, it makes the fact that we couldn't program the BG properly totally okay.

But.. I still want Uncharted 4 more than anything else. It's time.. We've waited too long.

We've waited long enough? Not so. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune came out in November 2007, U2 in October 2009, and U3 in October of 2011. I say give them some more time...A lot more time, in fact. Give them another year or more and see how great it will be on the PS4.

Message 15 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I was wondering when this "argument" would be brought up on here....

Make notice about two things.....

an E3 demo, IS NOT a finishd product and does not represent the final game.

If you played the game in its entirety, you would see that the setting takes place in a very dusty, dry and desert area.

ALSO..... if you played that particular scene several times, and even record it, its two different frames from two different parts of the scene.

One if BEFORE the bus is moving, the other is AFTER the bus is in motion.

You guys REALLY need to not nit-pick in this situation. The game was exactly the same as shown at E3 and release minus a few tweaks.

This is NOT the same as what Gearbox did with Aliens: Colonial Marines, because there weren't any missing elements from the E3 demo and the final, launch release.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 19 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Considering both Insomniac and Naughtydog always *never* making a 4th title in a franchise (with the exception of ratchet for Insomniac), i dont at all expect them to return to this series.

This is their track records:

Insomniac:
Abandoned Spyro after 3rd game
Abandoned Resistance After 3rd Game

Naughty Dog:
Abandoned Crash after 3rd Game (ALTHOUGH, they made a spinoff racing game, but that dont really count)

Abandoned Jak after 3rd game (Still with this series, the racing title dont count).

We can also count Sucker Punch in as well. They abandoned sly cooper after the 3rd game.

So yea, dont expect ND to return. Perhaps you will be lucky and Uncharted will be ND`s Ratchet and Clank (Because Insomniac has remained the Dev of that series after all these years), but dont get you`re hopes up.
Message 17 of 19 (106 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28691 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

To be honest, I'm not expecting an Uncharted 4 from Naughty Dog. At all.

Naughty Dog transitions to a new IP every gen. Crash Bandicoot was PS1, then they shifted gears to Jak & Daxter for PS2, then Uncharted for PS3. The Last of Us, yes, I would definitely expect a sequel to that on PS4, since that seems very much like their new IP for next gen. But no Uncharted 4. I think they're done with the series. History says so.

That's what's called faulty cause and effect. Just because B follows A that does not necessarily mean A+B= C.

Not for nothing, but a lot of people swore up and down that we were going to get Uncharted combat racing, because "history says so" when they made Crash Combat Racing.

Message 18 of 19 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Jul 7, 2013

snakeman07 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

ND's logic, use yellow tint, it makes the fact that we couldn't program the BG properly totally okay.

But.. I still want Uncharted 4 more than anything else. It's time.. We've waited too long.

We've waited long enough? Not so. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune came out in November 2007, U2 in October 2009, and U3 in October of 2011. I say give them some more time...A lot more time, in fact. Give them another year or more and see how great it will be on the PS4.

Could have been out this year. Since they had half of the team working on TLOU. could have been Uncharted 4 instead.

So yep. I've waited too long since they have shown they could have had it out.

Message 19 of 19 (94 Views)
0 Likes