Sep 27 2013
By: Mystic_Gon Wastelander 680 posts

If you could make a new PlayStation franchise...

5 replies 162 views Edited Sep 27, 2013
What would it be? What genre, what kind of style and for which platform?

It would make an action platformer for the Vita. It'll kind of be like New Super Mario Bros meets Limbo.
Message 1 of 6 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Re: If you could make a new PlayStation franchise...

Sep 27, 2013

Survival Horror based on random enemy placement where the player will never be able to know where or when the enemies will come up, hopefully adding more tension and keeping people from being able to spoil the game by writing walkthroughs. All enemies would be different, some you'd have to fight and others you'd have to run or hide from, others you have to outsmart by moving around the environment. (Some characters you can't hide from or fight, but you can outrun them. Other characters you can't outrun or fight, but you can hide, etc). The environment would be catered to allow all people to overcome their obstacles, but at no point would these enemies be killed.

See, games like Slenderman and Amnesia didn't do it for me because you're stuck running from something you either can't see or aren't supposed to see. Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 were somewhat scarier, but the massive action parts of the game kind of got rid of the scary after a while and felt rather cutscene. I want a game that has antagonists you clearly see and are supposed to overcome, but isn't extremely predictable. Unpredictability is the spice of horror, and having spots where you know enemies are going to pop up or wandering around too much by yourself simply doesn't work for me.

Don't know why.

Message 2 of 6 (152 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Mystic_Gon wrote:
What would it be? What genre, what kind of style and for which platform?

It would make an action platformer for the Vita. It'll kind of be like New Super Mario Bros meets Limbo.

For Vita an open world game like GTA. PS4 a MMO game like MAG but bigger servers.

Message 3 of 6 (145 Views)
MVP Support
12481 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

I would probably make a survival/psychological horror video game in the third person perspective with light TPS elements, no co-op whatsoever, little to no quick time events, and no motion-controller support. The game wouldn’t be filled with action either (it would be filled with horror)...

I would like to think that a survival horror video game can have both horror and action elements but so many video games that try both forget that they are trying to be survival horror video games and the whole experience ends up being something that could be simulated at a shooting range...

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 4 of 6 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Sep 27, 2013

A very colorful action/platformer with a lot of different levels for the PS4! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6 (124 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 27, 2013
The most realistic game ever made. Same gameplay and story elements as gta v. But even more realistic. I don't care how long it takes but it will be done.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes