Highlighted
Mar 09 2014
By: PaperCarrier Survivor 2641 posts

If you were a game developer, what would you make?

35 replies 282 views Edited Mar 9, 2014

I'd probably make a good action racing title since there isn't many of those, I'd add in a bunch of customization options, a MS Paint-like paint shop for the cars, lots of damage effects and crash physics where nearly anything can be bent of knocked off of the cars, add driver and suit customizations, a track builder, the ability to share custom cars and tracks online, an XP system and parts unlocks and online multiplayer mode. The game would be a bit like Modnation Racers but with no weapons and with realistic cars of real manufacturers like GM, Ford, Dodge etc.  

What would you make?

Message 1 of 36 (282 Views)
Gaming Beast
2142 posts

Re: If you were a game developer, what would you make?

Mar 9, 2014
I have a few in mind, It would cover a vast style of games, FPS, Racing, Platform.

Yet my ideas will never come true, one can only wish.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 2 of 36 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4786 posts

Mar 9, 2014

I would make a game that was a physcological unsettling mind splat(sorry the F word wasn't avaibleSmiley Happy). Doesn't really rely on gore to scare you but maybe spiritual. It wouldn't rely on gunning your way through the game. Something they had puzzles to solve and actually made you think. Something that made you afraid to open up doors. Something that pushes you forward even though you want to shut the game off because you are sitting in a pool of your own urine. I want to make a game to scare the crap out of you!

15 Of The Greatest Terrified Reaction Gifs

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

https://twitter.com/FreshRevenge
http://www.twitch.tv/thefreshrevengehaven

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 3 of 36 (262 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Mar 9, 2014

I would make a game that teaches you about money.

And I'll make it fun.

And I'll shotgun it to every device available. iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, Linux, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo.

Anywhere, where kids can get their hands on....  it will be available for it.

There is practically ZERO educational games. Where as during the early days of video games, there were LOTS.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 36 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4786 posts

Mar 9, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

And I'll make it fun.

And I'll shotgun it to every device available. iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, Linux, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo.

There is practically ZERO educational games. Where as during the early days of video games, there were LOTS.

They do have a game and it is called Monopoly.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

https://twitter.com/FreshRevenge
http://www.twitch.tv/thefreshrevengehaven

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 5 of 36 (250 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Mar 9, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

And I'll make it fun.

& why do you think that is?

Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 36 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Mar 9, 2014

A Massive world MMO trying to recreate  to a certain scale (I'd say about GTA V size) the entire world. I would allow people to take the original code and bring their 'charaacters' and 'system'  making sure they use a set of rules so games with different 'systems' can interact with each other so say... Tomb Raider's Laura Croft versus Infamous' second son char. (yeah she be in deep do do) But also allow the chars from GTA V with their system to interact.

That is what I'd do. That disney Infinite but for adults =)

"Mercy is a luxury that I am too cheap to invest in."
Message 7 of 36 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Mar 9, 2014

Elric_Francis92 wrote:

A Massive world MMO trying to recreate  to a certain scale (I'd say about GTA V size) the entire world. I would allow people to take the original code and bring their 'charaacters' and 'system'  making sure they use a set of rules so games with different 'systems' can interact with each other so say... Tomb Raider's Laura Croft versus Infamous' second son char. (yeah she be in deep do do) But also allow the chars from GTA V with their system to interact.

That is what I'd do. That disney Infinite but for adults =)

I would prob do the same, in a way. I would like to make a massive open world online game where you can do anything, go anywhere (with no limits except for the boundaries of how big the world is) create anything (with an open modding community). I think it would be cool to make a open world game the size of the U.S. Not sure about a storyline yet, but yeah. There would be tons of collectables and easter eggs. I always crave large open world games that you can have fun in and explore.

Message 8 of 36 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Mar 9, 2014
I would make a game that's an exact ripoff of Flappy Bird.
Message 9 of 36 (221 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12976 posts

Mar 9, 2014

A nice open world RPG where you can choose who you want to be, and also you can choose whether to be human or other wise. Meaning even dragons and other creatures would be fair game. Also, you can help to create the world, based on the decisions your character makes.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 10 of 36 (219 Views)
0 Likes