Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 01 2012
By: SlashZaku PlayStation MVP 41050 posts

Injustice: Gods Among Us (DC Heroes) Announced for PS3 (NetherRealm Studio)

[ Edited ]
33 replies 2493 views Edited Mar 18, 2014

Pretty interesting to see a solely DC fighter:

Official Site

Gamespot Interview with Ed Boon

http://i.minus.com/iMlcDIcQqsYXb.gifhttp://i.minus.com/iwq5OgRwFvfe4.gifhttp://i.minus.com/ibzEkEJ0juR01V.gif

Mod Edit: Added label & locked thread since it has run its course. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us (DC Heroes) Announced for PS3 (NetherRealm Studio)

Jun 2, 2012

Thank you for posting this. Can't wait to see the final version of this fighting game!

"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Jun 4, 2012

I'd really love for this to happen, but I don't know if DC/Warner Brothers would allow it but... I'd love to see Cole MacGrath as an exclusive character for the PS3 and Vita (if Injustice comes out for it).

SG-17SG-17
Message 3 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

Jun 4, 2012

SG-17 wrote:

I'd really love for this to happen, but I don't know if DC/Warner Brothers would allow it but... I'd love to see Cole MacGrath as an exclusive character for the PS3 and Vita (if Injustice comes out for it).

SG-17SG-17

Can't say I want Cole to be Kratos'd.  Kratos was popping up in a lot of stuff (Hot Shots, Soul Calibur BD, MK9, Modnation, etc.) and Cole shouldn't be going down that path.  He's been in SFxT and I'm sure he'll show up in Battle Royale but I think he should be eased up on.  However, since the inFAMOUS comics were published under DC, I think they'd probably allow it.

Message 4 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1645 posts

Jun 4, 2012

Welll this is the one place where an extra character would fit in.

SG-17SG-17
Message 5 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

Jun 8, 2012

SG-17 wrote:

SG-17SG-17

That would be pretty awesome.

Ed Boon did say that the game would have "special guests via DLC."

MK got Kratos as a PS3 exclusive, Cole would be a perfect fit in this one.

Also, I have a feeling atleast 1 MK character will come out as DLC as a "guest character."

Raiden would be great.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jun 9, 2012

I like the armor like uniforms, and the title is very intriguing.

Message 7 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Siliconera talks about the gameplay:

I went into Injustice: Gods Among Us expecting that it would play like a DC-skinned Mortal Kombat, but I was pleasantly surprised that Netherrealm is stepping out of their comfort zone. Instead of two punches and two kicks, the layout was a bit more like Blazblue with light, medium, and heavy attack buttons alongside a character-specific attack button.

Because of the light-medium-heavy setup, combos are much easier to string together than in Mortal Kombat. While combos were still pretty cut-and-dried, it was nice that attacks were a bit less obtuse. Light-Light-Light and Light-Light-Medium were both pretty simple combos that every character I played had. Specials also seemed to be a bit more standardized, with down-back and down-forward and an attack button performing specials for just about everyone. As somebody who’s always found MK’s inputs to be kind of annoying, I liked that I didn’t have any trouble acclimating to Injustice.

Then of course, there is the "character trait" button. Much like Blazblue’s "Drive" attacks, each character’s "character trait" is individual and supposedly built around their fighting style from the comic books. I was intrigued by how different the button got from character to character. Wonder Woman can change between her sword/shield and lasso of truth fighting styles, Batman summons little robotic bats that circle around him, and Superman buffs his stats for a while.

Batman’s robotic bats were of particular interest to me. A single press of the B button would call three out and they’d just circle around him. Pressing down and B would cause the bats to spin quickly. Being attacked during this would cause the bats to counter the enemy and knock them into the air. After using this, the robotic bat icons near Batman’s super bar at the bottom of the screen would refill one bat at a time, so I could summon a single bat more quickly, or wait for all three to return.

I also found it helpful that pressing B normally would simply send the bats towards the enemy without sending Batman into any animation. This meant that I could start a combo in a corner, throw the bats at the enemy to keep them in the air while Batman recovered from his last animation, and continue the juggle.

The game does bring one particular element from Mortal Kombat back. Pressing both triggers simultaneously will activate your character’s super if you have a full super bar. These are as over the top and cheesy as you’d expect. Superman uppercuts his enemy into space, flying after them until he punches them back down to earth. The game also has its own take on EX attacks, but at least in the build I played they were a lot safer than what you’d generally expect, activated by pressing RT when an attack connects with your opponent. Sadly, I didn’t get a lot of time to experiment with them, but it seems like every special can be turned into an EX attack with careful timing and a portion of your super meter.

Injustice puts a lot of emphasis on its backgrounds. Hitting your opponent with heavy attacks will cause things to break and dislodge, revealing throwable items like Bat-grenades or exposing wires to uppercut your opponent into. LB is essentially your go-to button for interacting with the environment. The Netherrealm rep I was playing with pressed a button in the corner of the fortress of silence to shoot a laser at me that dragged me into the Phantom Realm before spitting me back out. Some environmental attacks were character based. For instance, Batman will smash his opponent’s face into a nearby car when Solomon Grundy would just pick up the car and smash his opponent with it.

Stages are also divided into multiple parts, but you’ll have to use a heavy attack (A) and a specific direction to punch your opponent into the next area. The NetherRealm rep used forward and A to punch me from the edge of one part of the Fortress of Solitude through the Phantom Realm, resulting in some creature biting into Wonder Woman (my character at the time)’s neck. The area transition attacks are flashy, looking like something out of a summer blockbuster, with people suffering inhuman amounts of damage before landing on the ground of the next section of the stage.

Food for Thought:

1. Unlike Mortal Kombat, the game does not have a designated block button. You simply hold back while your opponent is attacking. This is quite possibly my favorite thing about the demo I played.

2. While the studio isn’t talking about the story at all, they say that there’s a good reason that the superheroes are called villains in the trailer.

Message 8 of 34 (2,493 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012

14 Minutes of Gameplay via IGN:

Really like the environment interaction shown so far, such as the way the Bat Cave starts falling apart.

Message 9 of 34 (2,474 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41050 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

Nightwing and Cyborg join the roster:

Few more screens at Gematsu

EDIT: Ed Boon Interview on the PSBlog talking about the game.

Message 10 of 34 (2,454 Views)
0 Likes