May 03 2013
By: Angelshadow_7 First Son 29 posts

International CC: SONY Are you losing money on purpose??

[ Edited ]
18 replies 1053 views Edited May 3, 2013

So, this week turns out that you banned any International CC to be used to purchase on the Store and you won't even take the payment from Paypal! 

Do you have any Idea how much money are you losing with this??

Just on my Work place we are 10 people who have our own Plus sucription and for the past 3 years have purchase on the US on a regular basis, so why GOD why are you banning international CC, that how bussiness run nowadays.

And look its not only me and my partners or even my country in Central America, there's a lot of people trought the globe who has been using International CC to purchase on the US Store.

Here at my country (El Salvador) we don't have any PlayStationStore so we have to use the one on US. Please fix this change that you made. Guess what!, we are paid in Dollars so we pay in Dollars aswell. Please don't ignore us.

Thanks!

Greetings

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (1,053 Views)
Survivor
2416 posts

Re: International CC: SONY Are you losing money on purpose??

May 3, 2013
I could never use my International CC to buy on the American PSN. I'm surprised you could; Paypal didn't let me either once they allowed payments through them. Apparently they cross-reference with Paypal and figure out you are foreigner. PSN cards have always been the only alternative for me~.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (1,034 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23798 posts

May 3, 2013

Angelshadow_7 wrote:

So, this week turns out that you banned any International CC to be used to purchase on the Store and you won't even take the payment from Paypal! 

Do you have any Idea how much money are you losing with this??

Just on my Work place we are 10 people who have our own Plus sucription and for the past 3 years have purchase on the US on a regular basis, so why GOD why are you banning international CC, that how bussiness run nowadays.

And look its not only me and my partners or even my country in Central America, there's a lot of people trought the globe who has been using International CC to purchase on the US Store.

Here at my country (El Salvador) we don't have any PlayStationStore so we have to use the one on US. Please fix this change that you made. Guess what!, we are paid in Dollars so we pay in Dollars aswell. Please don't ignore us.

Thanks!

Greetings

You're not even supposed to be using the US store. El Salvador falls into Region 4, and you're supposed to be using the Latin America store. They lose money on your purchases because you're buying items out of region. Therefore, the Latin America store that is supposed to be making money isn't. There's also tax laws, copyright laws, licenses, content laws, and local and regional taxes that need to be collected, so it's not as easy as saying "C'MON SONY!" and then ALAKAZAM!!, it's done.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (1,013 Views)
Survivor
2416 posts

May 3, 2013
In a perfect World your logic would make sense; in the real World, it's not as simple as saying "C'MON, USE YOUR RESPECTIVE ZONE PSN" and then ALAKAZM!! It's done and everybody has access to everything~.

The US, EU and JP PSN are above the others by leaps and bounds. Not just in terms of content but also pricing. A retail game that costs $60 in America should cost more in other countries due to exporting, taxes, etc. A digital game should cost the exact same. You don't pay taxes from buying from Google Market, iTunes or Steam~.

Therefore, it makes no sense to use any PSN that isn't one of the three listed ones unless you are a masochist and like to deliberately be humiliated~.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (998 Views)
PlayStation MVP
23798 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
In a perfect World your logic would make sense; in the real World, it's not as simple as saying "C'MON, USE YOUR RESPECTIVE ZONE PSN" and then ALAKAZM!! It's done and everybody has access to everything~.

The US, EU and JP PSN are above the others by leaps and bounds. Not just in terms of content but also pricing. A retail game that costs $60 in America should cost more in other countries due to exporting, taxes, etc. A digital game should cost the exact same. You don't pay taxes from buying from Google Market, iTunes or Steam~.

Therefore, it makes no sense to use any PSN that isn't one of the three listed ones unless you are a masochist and like to deliberately be humiliated~.

Again, local laws, value added tax, and licensing fees drive up the prices. You're issue isn't with Sony, as much is it with your country's customs and tax laws. It's also more expensive for banks to business overseas, because they have to pay currency conversion fees, and it costs them more. Yes, that money has to come from somewhere, and it utlimately it comes out of your pocket. Lest we forget that many nations of the world have laws about sending money outside the country, and banks and credit card companies can be open to prosecution if they do so. And your example is flawed, because Steam games are more expensive in other regions than they are in the United States.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (797 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2416 posts

May 3, 2013
Steam games are "more expensive" by a few bucks, at least in my country. +5 ~ +10 USD? That's reasonable. Sony's PSN has a difference of +20 to +40 USD on an average. Preee~tty sure my issue is with Sony~.

Considering we see American PSN users complaining on a regular basis about how the EU PS+ gets better deals than the American version it seems extremely hypocritical to me to tell somebody to use a PSN in their region despite the fact they are outright garbage~.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (430 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14994 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Steam games are "more expensive" by a few bucks, at least in my country. +5 ~ +10 USD? That's reasonable. Sony's PSN has a -difference of +20 to +40 USD on an average. Preee~tty sure my issue is with Sony~.
Because Sony has no competition.... Sony runs the PSN and as such, they are allowed to set the prices they wish. If you have an issue with that.... then you're going to have to resort to creative thinking to figure out how to get a game at a lower than advertised price.

Considering we see American PSN users complaining on a regular basis about how the EU PS+ gets better deals than the American version it seems extremely hypocritical to me to tell somebody to use a PSN in their region despite the fact they are outright garbage~.
The EU market also has to deal with MUCH higher game prices simply due to the several different currencies that float around the continent as each country has their own exchange rate, this inflates game prices as well as taxes and even their own game rating system.... Let them have their own Plus exclusives.... I am perfectly happy with what the US Plus does for its customers.

If people weren't so easily allowed to create a PSN account for a differen country, no one would actually KNOW or BOTHER themselves to look over the fence and see that the grass is greener.... I have a few friends who live in Spain and they are JEALOUS of the US PSN and Plus benefits because overall, the US' costs are CHEAPER. No matter where you look or where you're from, the grass is always greener on the other side when it comes to people who are never satisfied.

Its obvious you are not aware of how international business works, and how hard it is.

You want a specific game that you either don't have or is cheaper outside of your country? 

Do it the old fashioned way and Import your games through a reputable business.

As far as cost difference? Ever heard of exchange rates? 
Did you know that sometimes its MORE expensive to buy something from another country simply because one currency is worth MORE than another, so they have raise prices in certain markets.

Steam is no more different..... in some markets, game prices are barely different, in others they are EXTREMELY different.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (176 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

May 4, 2013
The United States Dollar is over 8 times as valuable as the El Salvador currency. So if you go and try to purchase an American title from El Salvador, your bank has to pay a conversion fee, usually a set price for each unit of the local currency.

Then, there's the whole tax issue. You have to pay your own tax. You cannot legally make a falsified purchase claiming that you live in a different country. You can be federally charged with tax evasion if you do. The price difference you're seeing is a converted price with your country's importation, localization, digital copy and miscellaneous fees. You still have to pay YOUR country's taxes on that purchase. The United States is no better. The only difference is that USD is worth a lot more, so it pays for those fines with a lower amount of units.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (168 Views)
First Son
29 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Ok Ok..so let me rephrase

The very first time that i oppened my PSN there wasn't any latin american Store and i know for sure that this specific branch has not make sure that we know about this new store on our region. PROBABLY because (i already checked) the games are over priced and it is even ridicoulus price for a DIGITAL content, we already have the scammers on the physical copies that charge us $75 for a brand new game here on my country, you can speak of taxes and all you want, but if you're a real gamer like me, youll know deep inside that we don't care for taxes (in games prices), we gamers are not stupid and we are NOT going to over pay for something that we can get in a better place for a better price (US Store) 

And listen, im not beggin you Sony to do it, but BE AWARE that people not only on my country but around the world is doing it anyway, all it takes is purchasing a PSN on one of many website dedicated to that, and place it into our US PSN. Thats what i did now that your not taking my card anymore.

SO, WHO's really losing in here!? Your closing down your doors for more money to come your way just for suposedly legal issues?!....your better than that. The point being, instead of paying those extra dollars for a PSN Card, i could be spending it on your store...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 4, 2013
El Salvador currency is AMERICAN DOLLARS.....
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (125 Views)
0 Likes