First Son
29 posts

Re: International CC: SONY Are you losing money on purpose??

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Sorry...double post by accident...

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

May 4, 2013

not tring to derail this thread but don't some states also charge sales tax on the PS store?

i know here in Ky..if something is 5.99 thats all i pay but i think it's different from state to state..

just popped in my mind after seeing all the tax info being thrown out there..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2420 posts

May 4, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Its obvious you are not aware of how international business works, and how hard it is.

You want a specific game that you either don't have or is cheaper outside of your country? 

Do it the old fashioned way and Import your games through a reputable business.

If there's one thing obvious is that you lack reading comprehension. Reread my posts, carefully this time, and tell me where did I say I wanted things cheap as in the American PSN or all the same content~?

I use the american PSN because quite honestly it's so easy to fake an American address that there's no reason not to. Somebody told the OP (aside from ridiculing them) that they should stick to their region's PSN which we both know is absolutely inane. Why on Earth would somebody choose a store that lacks content and on top of that has prices that aren't competitive? Even in mine, it's cheaper to buy retail than from the actual store, but I digress. The way in which CaptainAlbator chose to go around it is what prompted me to reply, even if the OP's complain was naive, there was no reason to ridicule him with condescending crap like the whole ALAKAZAM thing~.

There was no reason when this forum is full of people regularly complaining about PS+ content differences between stores; that alone shows that people care a good deal about it despite whatever laws, rules and regulations you want to toss in the middle. Oh, and by the way, I also import all my games and pay zero taxes beyond the USD tax imposed by my government. Nobody's going to tell me how I should and where should I use my hard earned money~.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (91 Views)
PlayStation MVP
23907 posts

May 4, 2013

kythunder wrote:

not tring to derail this thread but don't some states also charge sales tax on the PS store?

i know here in Ky..if something is 5.99 thats all i pay but i think it's different from state to state..

just popped in my mind after seeing all the tax info being thrown out there..

I know in my state there's a 6.35% sales tax if the online store has a "physical presence" in said state.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

May 4, 2013

BTW...In top of all.. All other companies seems to handle this situation without any problem. BestBuy let me use my international CC, Amazon let me, Netflix let me, even Crunchy roll allows me to! So, in this case you are rather remained on the Stone Age regarding this topic. God knows why. Or this is some kind of discrimination against othe regions which is ridiculous since Sony is a Japanese company not american...

ironically we are just telling Sony how you can make more money out of your loving customers and it seems that you want to give use the middle finger...

And yes, i also agree with: No one is to tell me how to spent my hard earned money.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 4, 2013

I live in the USA but am originally from Brazil. I have friends that moved from USA back to Brasil. I will always suggest to anyone in Latin America that they should make an USA account if they want to pay less and have a bigger library to choose from.

A PS3 and a vita in Brasil costs $650.00 each and on the Latin PS store some of the PSP games cost $80.00. I mean, come on, $80 for a psp game?

The whole internation business cost crappy excuse that people are using to defend the pricing is stupid in so many levels. I have never seen any video game company actually advertise in Brasil. I think it wasn't until last year that Sony officially launched the PS 2 in Brasil for the low cost of $325 (BS on this price). 

I can't speak for the other countries but I can guarantee you that if Sony launched the systems and games in Brazil for the same price and at the same time as the USA they would sell enough to walk all over Microsoft. Brazilians love the Sony brand and the Playstation. Why a company wouldn't want to invest in a region that has a humongous population that loves video games and can afford it at a fair price is beyond me. 

They have the money to spend on a $60 game but games in Brazil for PS3 goes for $100-$150. That's some heavy taxing if that's the excuse people will use. 

Now, the OP should know that the USA account actually doesn't accept international card, not because the card is from another country but because it lacks the 3-number code on the back. That is a feature that  the banks in Brazil do not have. That has been the only barrier that my friends have come across. 

Hopefully, Sony will one day realize that there is a market out there for them and they will provide a better service for those that want to join the Playstation family.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23907 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

I'm not discussing this anymore. Just believe what you WANT to believe.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (70 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

May 4, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Its obvious you are not aware of how international business works, and how hard it is.

You want a specific game that you either don't have or is cheaper outside of your country? 

Do it the old fashioned way and Import your games through a reputable business.

If there's one thing obvious is that you lack reading comprehension. Reread my posts, carefully this time, and tell me where did I say I wanted things cheap as in the American PSN or all the same content~?

I use the american PSN because quite honestly it's so easy to fake an American address that there's no reason not to. Somebody told the OP (aside from ridiculing them) that they should stick to their region's PSN which we both know is absolutely inane. Why on Earth would somebody choose a store that lacks content and on top of that has prices that aren't competitive? Even in mine, it's cheaper to buy retail than from the actual store, but I digress. The way in which CaptainAlbator chose to go around it is what prompted me to reply, even if the OP's complain was naive, there was no reason to ridicule him with condescending crap like the whole ALAKAZAM thing~.

There was no reason when this forum is full of people regularly complaining about PS+ content differences between stores; that alone shows that people care a good deal about it despite whatever laws, rules and regulations you want to toss in the middle. Oh, and by the way, I also import all my games and pay zero taxes beyond the USD tax imposed by my government. Nobody's going to tell me how I should and where should I use my hard earned money~.

No. You should re-reading your own posts....

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (63 Views)
First Son
29 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

ahm....in other words you don't know what else to say and we have valid arguments...

And then Sony says we don't know how we reported some many losses this years....well little details like this, i don't have my masters degree still but i know that much already...

Once again..this is for you Sony as much as for us

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (58 Views)
0 Likes