Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: Is PS Vita worth getting?

Nov 23, 2012
$200 for a new Vita, memory card, and game is too good to pass up/ Now is the best time to get a Vita.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 11 of 38 (932 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Nov 23, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:
$200 for a new Vita, memory card, and game is too good to pass up/ Now is the best time to get a Vita.

i want to get my little nephew a one year playstation plus card, a 32 gb memory card, little big planet and playstation battle royale but he is obsessed with Starhawk so i dont know if i should get him Starhawk or PSBR yet. Little Big Planet is a must though.

Message 12 of 38 (929 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

remanutd5 wrote:

no its not worth getting, why would you want to get a psvita when you have a smartphone? smartphones= gaming on the go at the highest quality possible so... besides the vita dont have any games worth mentioning, not to mention a whole network behind the system, you know just like the games on your smartphone lol. 

Imagine someone googling "Is the psvita worth it?" and happening upon this thread... I understand your post is heavy sarcasm but would it kill to tone it down or at least make it slightly more obvious to the 'mid-core gamers' who might not fully understand your actual meaning...

1. it's worth getting if you fancy handheld gaming

2. i doubt a smartphone will match the gaming capabilities of the psvita

3. lol at gaming on the go at the highest possible quality; a phone is first and foremost a PHONE and wasting your battery on phone games is borderline senseless imo

4. ummmm....

5. Gravity Rush

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 13 of 38 (888 Views)
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Im gonna build a template to copy and paste for all of these "Are thou sure the Vita is good?" questions.

Sure getting someone elses opinion may be fine and all, but put forth your own thoughts on what you think about it yourself.

Message 14 of 38 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Andy209 wrote:

remanutd5 wrote:

no its not worth getting, why would you want to get a psvita when you have a smartphone? smartphones= gaming on the go at the highest quality possible so... besides the vita dont have any games worth mentioning, not to mention a whole network behind the system, you know just like the games on your smartphone lol. 

Imagine someone googling "Is the psvita worth it?" and happening upon this thread... I understand your post is heavy sarcasm but would it kill to tone it down or at least make it slightly more obvious to the 'mid-core gamers' who might not fully understand your actual meaning...

1. it's worth getting if you fancy handheld gaming

2. i doubt a smartphone will match the gaming capabilities of the psvita

3. lol at gaming on the go at the highest possible quality; a phone is first and foremost a PHONE and wasting your battery on phone games is borderline senseless imo

4. ummmm....

5. Gravity Rush

well i guess you are right but i dont understand how can someone think that they can experience the same gaming quality the vita has to offer on their smartphones, i have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and i wouldnt think about gaming on it with my Psvita on the side, never crossed my mind, its not even remotely possible to compare vita's gaming capabilities to smartphones and dont let me start on the games, playstation network, cross save, 2 analog sticks, cross platform play and more. 

Message 15 of 38 (863 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Makes sense. And maybe that i was an unfair comparrison i made. But it it's hard not to see websites that always mention vita sales decline, and that the 3ds is selling better, and app stores have more games. Just makes me wonder sometimes.
Message 16 of 38 (839 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

bloodfeather04 wrote:
Makes sense. And maybe that i was an unfair comparrison i made. But it it's hard not to see websites that always mention vita sales decline, and that the 3ds is selling better, and app stores have more games. Just makes me wonder sometimes.

Just take a step back from all the nonsense the media feeds you ( while yes the Vita sales are poor but are just fine for what Sony expected during this time period) and you will notice every device that has been made practically had the same said about it when it was released.

Vita hasn't even been out a full year yet, the 3DS when first released cost the same exact price as the WiFi Vita, no one bought that 3DS then and everyone said the sales were horrible and they were for the first 5 months until they dropped the price like $70-80...

Same nonsense was said about the PS3 for the first year and a half. Just play the system yourself and be the judge, sales in gaming are going to continue to drop across the board for everyone even Nintendo is hurting right now so don't expect it to get any better for a while or ever again for that matter.

Gaming sales just aren't what they used to be because before there wasn't as much tech to compete with but now everything can practically play some sort of game on it and people just aren't the enthusiasts they used to be, they could careless about real gaming as long as they have some flash game on their mobile phone.

Message 17 of 38 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7400 posts

Nov 25, 2012

bloodfeather04 wrote:

Make the investment man, the vita wlll only get better, the games are here now, playstation plus instant game collection is awesome, if you get the system dont forget to check out little big planet, playstation all stars battle royale. enjoy it.

dont forget Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Warrior's Lair, Soul Sacrifice and more are coming to the system next year.

Message 18 of 38 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I agree definitely get a PS Vita. I healed out till Black Friday. Now I got it. I havnt really put it down. I was surprised at the game selection it had. not huge but got some great games. Im very happy I got one at last. I got the other systems hand healed. I got 3 games for it and nothing as grabbed me. I already got 6 games for the Vita and so far having a blast.
Message 19 of 38 (806 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Is Vita worth getting for 200 bucks, I can see why the remakes and ps3 game remakes would suit this system.  I was just wondering if its got the power of ps3 and if its worth buying now?

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 20 of 38 (249 Views)
0 Likes