Feb 12 2013
By: Psychoneirick Lombax Warrior 135 posts

Is PS plus worth it?

15 replies 196 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

I was planning on buying playstation plus, but is it worth it? I mean, I know there are many games for the price of one, but if i get plus, I should also get a memory card, and I wanted to stick with my 4GB till the price drops. I could also use it in my PS3 but I already have almost all of the free games. Also, consider that in my country a 50 dollar PSN card costs like 70 dollars. 

Also, let's say I get plus, and download UC:GA, and after some time delete it to download Gravity Rush. Do I lose my save data?

Also what else do I get with PS+, I read that you get free DLC in some games, can you give examples? thanks

Message 1 of 16 (196 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7237 posts

Re: Is PS plus worth it?

Feb 12, 2013

Psychoneirick wrote:

I was planning on buying playstation plus, but is it worth it? I mean, I know there are many games for the price of one, but if i get plus, I should also get a memory card, and I wanted to stick with my 4GB till the price drops. I could also use it in my PS3 but I already have almost all of the free games. Also, consider that in my country a 50 dollar PSN card costs like 70 dollars. 

Also, let's say I get plus, and download UC:GA, and after some time delete it to download Gravity Rush. Do I lose my save data?

Also what else do I get with PS+, I read that you get free DLC in some games, can you give examples? thanks

as a psivta/ps3 owner yes, in my opinion is totally worth it, on the psvita side of things  you get Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Foosball, Retro City Rampage free and discounts on Stardrone, Big Sky and Knytt and the service has just started, things will get better over time in my opinion.

Message 2 of 16 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Out of curiosity, which PSN do you use? If it's American or European, you can buy credit through Paypal and no longer be subdued to the outlandish extra charges middle companies put for PSN cards~.
Message 3 of 16 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Psychoneirick wrote:

PS+ gives you cloud saves, so you wouldn't lose your saved game data if you transfer it to the cloud. I don't know about any DLC for the Vita...nothing yet that I've seen. But nevertheless, PS+ is definitely worth it. You'll get UGA, Gravity Rush, Wipeout, NGSP, RCR, and Foosball right away, and we should be getting two new Vita additions this month. The PS+ discounts have been lacking on the Vita end, but I guess that's just a matter of opinion.

Message 4 of 16 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Out of curiosity, which PSN do you use? If it's American or European, you can buy credit through Paypal and no longer be subdued to the outlandish extra charges middle companies put for PSN cards~.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use American PSN, and I don't have a Paypal account, but maybe I'll get one.  (BTW how do you quote a post instead of copy-pasting what the other one said? lol)

Message 5 of 16 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6537 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Psychoneirick wrote:

I was planning on buying playstation plus, but is it worth it? I mean, I know there are many games for the price of one, but if i get plus, I should also get a memory card, and I wanted to stick with my 4GB till the price drops. I could also use it in my PS3 but I already have almost all of the free games. Also, consider that in my country a 50 dollar PSN card costs like 70 dollars.  Ps+ is worth it ifyour not going to buying alot of games  retail and want  discounts and want get in to beta  of games..  Since your country is overseas it would be worth it for  you becuase of price . That my opinion. this  depends on your  likes.  Some gamers  have saved 2-3k$ a year  on ps plus if add the  discounts saving and free swag.

Also, let's say I get plus, and download UC:GA, and after some time delete it to download Gravity Rush. Do I lose my save data? With ps+ u  have storage online cloud,  which u can save your in game success or place,   So in small no. unless you want to, which is your choice.

Also what else do I get with PS+, I read that you get free DLC in some games, can you give examples? You can get into private betas. contest,  yes you can get  the whole game for free and dlc sometimes.  I think infamous 2 and dlc was free at one point.  But i do remeber that game two world 2 was free and all  dlc was free which was 115$ in content  if go  retail day one, but you can get 2 world 2 goty for 40$ now the market  the  dlc  is $19 . $35,  and 4$ respectivly . which is  100 $ saved . which is  very  good.   Right now they have   llbp 2 goty  edition which comes with every thing .  Its alot of stuff that has come out , Its  hard to  keep track ofeverything. Street fight4  has all the dlc free witht game whic was 50$ in saving  maybe more than  that

No other place on the market has plan like ps plus. its made for the gamer!!. Have fun in what ever you decide to do and happy gaming in your future.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 6 of 16 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11241 posts

Feb 12, 2013

In my opinion and in my experience, PS+ is extremely well worth it. If you only have a Vita (or just a PS 3) you aren't getting the full benefit from the program. Yet what you can get it well worth the price.

In my opinion the best selling point to PS+ is not the free games, but the discounts that you can get on the games. As of yet, the PS+ discounts for Vita games hasn't been that impressive, but I emphasize "yet". The free games are worth while as well, after al Uncharted: Golden Abyss is no cheap half baked game. The problem with the free games is that if you allow your membership to expire, your access to the free games is gone until you renew your subscription. The discounted games however, are yours to keep forever.

A 4gb memory card isn't really the best option though if you want Playstation Plus. Yes you can redownload the games, but you're extremely limited in how much can be stored overall. I would suggest an 8gb minimum. One advantage though is you can always take advantage of the free games and simply download them when you get a bigger memory card down the road. You won't lose your saved data unless you actively delete them, or format the card.

I'm close to my 3rd year in PS +. Just renewed 4 months early to take advantage of the 3 free months. It has been well worth it. I save more every year in discounts alone, not including any free games. I've had most of the free games on disc already, but it's allowed me to lend those discs to my brother without worrying about their return :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 16 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Since you have a PS3, I think it's worth.

Got PS+ in December, was well worth for me. Didn't had a single game and got like 6 awesome games for $50. Since then, I only liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, but it's cool, if you get one game that you like per month (even if only discounted, not free), for $50 per year it's a great deal.

You can backup your saves to PS+ using the Content Manager app.

If I'm not mistaken, your thophies will only do scheduled backups if you're a PS+ member.

I've heard about free DLC for PS3 games, like, Starhawk went free with all the DLC. On Vita I'm not sure, I haven't heard of any so far.

If you buy a full year membership now, you get 3 extra months for free (please confirm it before subscribing).

Message 8 of 16 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Is PS plus  worth it.  Depends what you are looking for.  For me, it is a bad deal any way I look at it.  You have to understand that they are not giving free games away.  It is a RENTAL service. If you stop paying, you stop playing.

The discounts on the other hand can be nice, but half the time i already owned the game or it is a game that does not intrest me.

Message 9 of 16 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013
I was about to make the same reply ChanceDeath made... For me personally I prefer to OWN my games... In fact when available, I choose physical media over digital download when I purchase games... As for the cloud connected benefits and automatic firmware updates, they are nice but not revolutionary advances to me...

Now if I didn't have the money to purchase my games, I would find value in the PS Plus offering as it is a pretty nice offering for the cost...
Message 10 of 16 (151 Views)
0 Likes