Mar 22 2013
By: DEATHxTOLL187 Wastelander 732 posts

Is SONY to blame?

[ Edited ]
40 replies 747 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

VOIP aka online voice chat  has not been working for many games recently. I am starting to think it is on sonys end and not the games.

I think one of their patches has been scewing with VOIP. Bottom line It should not take months to hear your friends in game SONY need to get with the compines and find answers. I have been trying to play defiance beta but the mics do not work. They say they are going to fix it before launch but so did the games listed below.

Defiance - Latest victim

Medal of honor -   5 months after launch STILL BROKEN EA still has not addmitted there is a problem.

Borderlannds - Over a year before it was patched and still sucks

BF3  - Had problems MONTHS after launch

DCU -  Same thing

GRFS  - Same thing and it still happens sometimes.

PS SONY I own a 360 but pick PS3 for 90% of my purchases and this is what I get?

PS3 has a issuie with SS and mics they never fixed it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/PS3-V3-70-General-Headset-Issues-tempor...

Message 1 of 41 (747 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25952 posts

Re: Is SONY to blame?

Mar 22, 2013

...And none of those games were made by Sony.

Message 2 of 41 (670 Views)
Shinra Executive
32453 posts

Mar 22, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

...And none of those games were made by Sony.

Ooops!

BRIT-KO

Message 3 of 41 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

No1 said anything about sony making them. They are a black eye for sony end of the story.  They need to be fixed if the problem is not with psn then SONY still needs to help them figure out why there is  VOIP on PS3 and not other platforms. Sony need to support their customers even if they did not make the game. Just like they did with skyrim when the DLC would not run on ps3.

18000 posts and your still trolling. Thanks for the bump!

Message 4 of 41 (654 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25952 posts

Mar 22, 2013

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

No1 said anything about sony making them. They are a black eye for sony end of the story.  They need to be fixed if the problem is not with psn then SONY still needs to help them figure out why there is  VOIP on PS3 and not other platforms. Sony need to support their customers even if they did not make the game. Just like they did with skyrim when the DLC would not run on ps3.

Skyrim was the exception, not the rule. Unfortunately "gamers" think that the exception IS the rule. Saying "end of story" doesn't make it true, no matter how much you want to believe it, and support does not "fall to Sony" by default.

I know it's easier to play the outraged gamer card, and scream "C'MON SONY!!", however you're barking up the wrong proverbial tree. Take it up wit the indiviudal developers.

Message 5 of 41 (638 Views)
Wastelander
732 posts

Mar 22, 2013

The games work fine on other platforms..... VOIP has been done a million times but recently there is a issuie only on ps3. It points to a issue on sonys end.

Sony bundled moh with new systems and it isa  broken game that is unacceptable.  Sonys allows companies to put out betas on other platforms and then leaves us with inferior products that is unacceptable.

I am not angry by the way I can purchase these games on other platforms.  I am just bringing up a disturbing tread with recent PS3 games.

Thanks for the bump.....

Message 6 of 41 (616 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10065 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Usually those betas on other consoles are nothing more than demos though I think the real issue is the fact that many devs are building these games for the 360 first and then porting them over to the PS3. Because of this, I believe Sony is getting stuck with all the bugs.

I just think there needs to be policies put into effect so broken games cannot hit the retail shelves. Perhaps federal lemon laws need to expand to cover software.
Message 7 of 41 (599 Views)
PlayStation MVP
50159 posts

Mar 22, 2013

DEATHxTOLL187 wrote:

VOIP aka online voice chat  has not been working for many games recently. I am starting to think it is on sonys end and not the games.

I think one of their patches has been scewing with VOIP. Bottom line It should not take months to hear your friends in game SONY need to get with the compines and find answers. I have been trying to play defiance beta but the mics do not work. They say they are going to fix it before launch but so did the games listed below.

Defiance - Latest victim

Medal of honor -   5 months after launch STILL BROKEN EA still has not addmitted there is a problem.

Borderlannds - Over a year before it was patched and still sucks

BF3  - Had problems MONTHS after launch

DCU -  Same thing

GRFS  - Same thing and it still happens sometimes.

PS SONY I own a 360 but pick PS3 for 90% of my purchases and this is what I get?

PS3 has a issuie with SS and mics they never fixed it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/PS3-V3-70-General-Headset-Issues-tempor...

The problem with the game MAG from the thread you linked was fixed a while back.  I just forgot about the thread after the move from jive back to lithium.  That issue was something different than the issues with those individual developers VOIP servers.

Unfortunately you are putting your energies in the wrong direction.   I would hop on those developers websites/forums and let them know you are dissapointed in their VOIP servers.

Message 8 of 41 (590 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25952 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Usually those betas on other consoles are nothing more than demos though I think the real issue is the fact that many devs are building these games for the 360 first and then porting them over to the PS3. Because of this, I believe Sony is getting stuck with all the bugs.

I just think there needs to be policies put into effect so broken games cannot hit the retail shelves. Perhaps federal lemon laws need to expand to cover software.

Congress has more important things at the moment to concern themselves with. And games do get fixed, that's why you have updates.

Sony isn't "getting stuck with all the bugs", because they don't make these games. It does not "fall to Sony", despite the popular belief that it does.

Message 9 of 41 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

Games are a multimillion dollar business and there needs to be some type of regulation for broken games. There was never a voip issue until recently that is why I think it is psn patch related. There servers work fine on other platforms that is a red flag that it is also a psn issue.

Anything that has the ps3 logo on it is sonys responsibility. They might not be responsible for the problem but they need to be aware and offer some sort of assistance.

Message 10 of 41 (567 Views)