Fender Bender
4437 posts

Re: Is Sony claiming that the PS3 is 12x as powerful than the PS2???

May 26, 2005
Sony won at E3 because their videos were pretty.  At least the Xbox was playable.  Microsoft just screwed up, they should have showed more Gears of War and Perfect Dark Zero instead of DOA 4 and such.
Message 11 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
559 posts

May 26, 2005
hummm sony killed everyone there.
Games the kick ass
Area 51
Socom 1 and 2
Ghost recon 1 (not 2 it sucks)
and we all should
Welcome Chang3

i am a xbox owner, and i ps2 owner over all i would say the ps2 wins cause of there many games, and the xbox gots halo 2 so thats y i got it..
Message 12 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

May 26, 2005

,Aleman wrote:
Sony won at E3 because their videos were pretty.  At least the Xbox was playable.  Microsoft just screwed up, they should have showed more Gears of War and Perfect Dark Zero instead of DOA 4 and such.

youre such a fanboy sometimes, aleman. i like your opinions most of the time, but youre being pretty hard headed about the ps3 games. its been confirmed soooo many times and weve had the conversation a lot too, its confirmed that the ps3 games were realtime, using two geforce 6800 graphics cards. just admit it, ps3 games are lookin better than xbox360 games.,
Being popular is like being in a crowded elevator... You're just a fart away from being hated.

Proud GAP Member!!
Message 13 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

May 26, 2005

,TheCastrator wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

youre such a fanboy sometimes, aleman. i like your opinions most of the time, but youre being pretty hard headed about the ps3 games. its been confirmed soooo many times and weve had the conversation a lot too, its confirmed that the ps3 games were realtime, using two geforce 6800 graphics cards. just admit it, ps3 games are lookin better than xbox360 games. ,

I just think it's funny that everyone fell for the tech demos.  I don't care if the PS3 video games were in "realtime" or not, they weren't playable, so there's no point in getting hyped about them.
Message 14 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

May 26, 2005

,Aleman wrote:

,TheCastrator wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

youre such a fanboy sometimes, aleman. i like your opinions most of the time, but youre being pretty hard headed about the ps3 games. its been confirmed soooo many times and weve had the conversation a lot too, its confirmed that the ps3 games were realtime, using two geforce 6800 graphics cards. just admit it, ps3 games are lookin better than xbox360 games. ,

I just think it's funny that everyone fell for the tech demos.  I don't care if the PS3 video games were in "realtime" or not, they weren't playable, so there's no point in getting hyped about them.

considering epic only had their dev kits for 2 months before e3, how can you possibly expect them to have something playable? to think they should is blasphemy. i think the fact that they even had something in real time was great on their part!
Being popular is like being in a crowded elevator... You're just a fart away from being hated.

Proud GAP Member!!
Message 15 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

May 26, 2005

,TheCastrator wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

,TheCastrator wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

considering epic only had their dev kits for 2 months before e3, how can you possibly expect them to have something playable? to think they should is blasphemy. i think the fact that they even had something in real time was great on their part!

Sony's first party developers should have had dev kits for awhile now, if they're expecting to release in less than a year.
Message 16 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1128 posts

May 26, 2005
its on the interview with epic on gamespot, i dont have the link but its there. they mentioned only having a useable dev kit for 2 months.

Proud GAP Member!!
Message 17 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
510 posts

May 26, 2005
You both are right in this conversation. Aleman is right in that these were videos but they were videos (mostly) rendered in realtime. Much like MGS's cutscene videos are rendered in realtime. They're not playable but still show off the power.
No one really knows the ones they love, If you knew everything they thought about, you'd wish that they'd just shut up. -Modest Mouse
Message 18 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

May 26, 2005
It's 2x more powerful than the X-Box 360, 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution, it's alot faster than the fastest computer in existence, and is 35x powerful than the PlayStation 2 is, and the graphics chip is specifically described as being more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra current high-end PC graphics boards
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJack Tretton: We dont need to bribe somebody, WE EARN IT.http://www.myspace.com/synctron
Smiley Indifferent A real gamer wouldn't give up just 'cause it's the easy way out. Smiley Indifferent . . . Smiley Happy
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 19 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

May 26, 2005

TronTek wrote:
It's 2x more powerful than,the X-Box 360, 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution, it's,alot faster than the fastest computer in existence, and is 35x powerful,than the PlayStation 2 is, and the graphics chip is specifically,described as being more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra current,high-end PC graphics boards

LOL, considering we don't even know what's inside the revolution yet.
,A lot faster than the fastest computer in existance?  Are you kidding me?
Message 20 of 24 (16 Views)
0 Likes