I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Re: Is Sony claiming that the PS3 is 12x as powerful than the PS2???

Jun 1, 2005

,Aleman wrote:

,TronTek wrote:
It's 2x more powerful than the X-Box 360, 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution, it's alot faster than the fastest computer in existence, and is 35x powerful than the PlayStation 2 is, and the graphics chip is specifically described as being more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra current high-end PC graphics boards
LOL, considering we don't even know what's inside the revolution yet.

A lot faster than the fastest computer in existance?  Are you kidding me?

Nope. I'm not kidding. Go to http://www.ps3land.com It'll tell you what you want to know about the PS3.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketJack Tretton: We dont need to bribe somebody, WE EARN IT.http://www.myspace.com/synctron
Smiley Indifferent A real gamer wouldn't give up just 'cause it's the easy way out. Smiley Indifferent . . . Smiley Happy
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 21 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8765 posts

Jun 1, 2005

TronTek wrote:

Aleman wrote:

TronTek wrote:
It's,2x more powerful than the X-Box 360, 15x more powerful than the,Nintendo Revolution, it's alot faster than the fastest computer in,existence, and is 35x powerful than the PlayStation 2 is, and the,graphics chip is specifically described as being more powerful than two,GeForce 6800 Ultra current high-end PC graphics boards

LOL, considering we don't even know what's inside the revolution yet.

A lot faster than the fastest computer in existance?  Are you kidding me?

Nope. I'm not kidding. Go to http://www.ps3land.com It'll tell you what you want to know about the PS3.

I don't even have to click the link..........just look at the name of the site.
Wearing the 45
Message 22 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3063 posts

Jun 1, 2005
All I got to say is X-Box better do something soon before there release date and they don't got alot of time to make several untils for the world. PS3 on the other hand got more of a chance of technology improvments in another yr.

Messing with me is like playing with death.
Message 23 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jun 1, 2005
ok kids one last time. In words you can understand (I hope).

Now heres the thing.
You know the Macintosh G5 (i keep saying G6 and I dont know why) The G5 is drool worthy right? But you cant afford it, or you have a Windows based PC...
The Xbox2 uses reportedly 3, G5 CPUs fused onto one chip. Its a Triple Core custom unit.
The chips are made by IBM using the newest micro insulation.
The chip also run at 64bits and were the FIRST stable 64bit CPU on the market (intel aint got nothin on that one).

Now heres the good stuff.
Sony reportedly is using the CORE of the same G5 CPU made by IBM.
So again we have 64bit processing.
Each chip has been CUSTOM built around that core.
Broad band Comunications and multimedia Support has been Integrated into the chip.

Cell Theory:
Hardware built into each chip, instead of on the board. (its not a new idea)
Each chip has comunications built in, and is able to directly link up to other devices that use the Chip.
These devices dont need to be in your home.
Broadband will enable the System to tap into PS3 units not being played.

If you know anything about "shared computing" you know the potential.
If not. Look it up.
Provided this all works, CELL processors Networking ability will Create Super Computer Clusters.

Hey how does your brain work?
Message 24 of 24 (4 Views)
0 Likes