Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
3336 posts

Re: Is The New Patch Safe?

Oct 3, 2013

Updated my PS3 SS 500gb no problem

Updated my PS3 Slim 320gb no problem

Updated my PS3 160gb no problem

Worked smoothly for all. Fully working PS3's after.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (128 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13956 posts

Oct 3, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

You never expect something you trust to turn against you. The updates didn't just bring new features, they left us open, forcing us to upgrade to the new generation. The new update came one month prior to the PS4, bricking hundreds of already crippled PlayStations. But, I wouldn't know, because I haven't updated mine yet. I know everything will be fine when I wake up in the monrning and automatic update has taken care of it.

Well, some updates are safe, but a few have crashed PS3's. So being cautious is a good idea. A few days wait maybe a good idea. But, you do have to download the updates eventually. I think PS4 updates maybe easier though. Hopefully, we'll see.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4100 posts

Oct 3, 2013

Hawkfan267 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

You never expect something you trust to turn against you. The updates didn't just bring new features, they left us open, forcing us to upgrade to the new generation. The new update came one month prior to the PS4, bricking hundreds of already crippled PlayStations. But, I wouldn't know, because I haven't updated mine yet. I know everything will be fine when I wake up in the monrning and automatic update has taken care of it.

Well, some updates are safe, but a few have crashed PS3's. So being cautious is a good idea. A few days wait maybe a good idea. But, you do have to download the updates eventually. I think PS4 updates maybe easier though. Hopefully, we'll see.

Honestly I don't think the "update" crashed systems. If it did then ALL systems would crash with that update. What may happen is the difference that the user creates with their PS3. A new HDD, an HDD with limited space available, failing PS3 due to lack of maintenance or any number of variables that the user can create.

What we will never know is with those "crashed" PS3s what was their common feature. Were they all slims? No. Were they all dirty as hell? who knows. Were they all launch versions? probably not. Did they all have less than 20GB of free space? who knows. Was their download of the update corrupted? Did the user try and JB the console at some point?

With all of the checks that they have to go through in QA I would highly doubt that an update in itself would brick a PS3. Not saying that it cannot happen but the probabilty of it getting released to the public is slim to none.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

>
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (99 Views)
Survivor
2463 posts

Oct 3, 2013

There are underlying reasons why PS3 have crashed when updating. It was not the update that caused it.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (86 Views)
0 Likes