May 01 2009
By: musebass21 First Son 2 posts

Is it possible to deactivate psp systems without having them?

16 replies 6309 views Edited May 1, 2009

I have purchased many psp's in the past, traded them in, and so on. 

Just bought a used 3000 and I want to play my already purchased downloads from the psn store.

Problem is my 5 psp's have already been activated, and I have no way of finding them to deactivate them.

Is there a way to deactivate all of the psp's I have ever activated?

Message 1 of 17 (6,309 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Re: Is it possible to deactivate psp systems without having them?

May 1, 2009
nope - a friend of mine had same thing. You have to call Sony & a higher customer care agent can take off all registered PSP off your account
Message 2 of 17 (6,306 Views)
First Son
2 posts

May 1, 2009

crap was hoping for an easy fix...

oh well.

thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 17 (6,305 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2000 posts

May 1, 2009
that sucks, usually when i trade in registered stuff to places like GameStop, the sales associate asks whether or not you deactivated everything/got rid of info like a saved credit card number and if you didn't, you'd have to do so before the trading transaction was completed. sorry you'll have to do it the hard way
"The Difference Between Vengeance and Redemption is That You Usually Have to Die After the Latter. You Pay a Heavier Price for Vengeance in the Long Run Though...and the Extra Weight that's Lifted off Your Shoulders, not to mention your Soul, that Redemption Provides Might Just be Enough to Sway You."
Message 4 of 17 (6,304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 17, 2009

I tried calling Sony Customer Support, TWICE, and spoke to a supervisor, and a supervisor's superior, and they said they are unable to deactivate the systems associated with my account, no questions asked.

Has anyone had any luck deactivating any PSP systems at all? I sold mine awhile back, and didn't deactivate them, so I'm screwed!

Gonna sell the PSP go on ebay and let someone else have fun with it, this is so ridiculous! 

Message 5 of 17 (6,304 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Dec 21, 2009
It is not possible to de-activate a psp system unless u have it, sonly will not do it.
Message 6 of 17 (6,304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Dec 22, 2009
Actually, Sony can and will deactivate attached PSPs ONCE. Not too long ago I called CS for this very reason. Once you convince them that your claim is legit they will remove all active PSPs from your account and place a note on file not to do it for you again. The difficult part is getting them to believe that you're not just trying to pirate their games, since any previously active PSPs could still run software installed before the deactivation.
Message 7 of 17 (6,304 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
587 posts

Dec 22, 2009
Um if you go to "My profile" at the top right, the go to "Manage Account" and it takes you to a new webpage. There's an option "Activate/Deactivate PSP System" You'll have to sign into your psn first, but maybe it'll work for you?
Message 8 of 17 (6,304 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Jun 16, 2010

Azure_Fang wrote:
Actually, Sony can and will deactivate attached PSPs ONCE. Not too long ago I called CS for this very reason. Once you convince them that your claim is legit they will remove all active PSPs from your account and place a note on file not to do it for you again. The difficult part is getting them to believe that you're not just trying to pirate their games, since any previously active PSPs could still run software installed before the deactivation.

so how are you supposed to convince sony you are not trying to pirate the games? i got a reply from sony for this very reason. (my current psp activated just fine but i cant activate another one for movie content, plus i want to have a wipe so i dont have to worry incase i want to buy another psp in the future) so im gonna call them tomorrow or begin the long process of re purchasing my games and movies 

so many people look to GOD for the answer to thier struggles few ever look inside for the strength they so desperatley need

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Message 9 of 17 (6,304 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 7, 2010

Was that "My Profile" tab on the playstation, psp or this site?

Message 10 of 17 (6,305 Views)
0 Likes