Dec 26 2012
By: CovertClay Lombax Warrior 226 posts

Is it wise to redeem my ps3 plus code right now or wait?

7 replies 275 views Edited Dec 26, 2012
Ok so I have a 30 day free trial of ps3 plus that my friend gave me. I'm wondering if I should wait to redeem it or redeem it now. There were only a free things that interested me for ps3 plus. And also if I redeem the code. Can I immediately cancel the resubscription? Or will that terminate my free trial?

Thanks guys!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Is it wise to redeem my ps3 plus code right now or wait?

Dec 26, 2012
Also. If I download an exclusive free ps plus avatar for my psn and my membership expires, will I still have access to the avatar?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Dec 26, 2012

CovertClay wrote:
Ok so I have a 30 day free trial of ps3 plus that my friend gave me. I'm wondering if I should wait to redeem it or redeem it now. There were only a free things that interested me for ps3 plus. And also if I redeem the code. Can I immediately cancel the resubscription? Or will that terminate my free trial?

Thanks guys!

I would wait till Monday as the store updates on Tuesdays. If there is a game leaving the Instant Game Collection, you can  download it Monday before it leaves Tuesday and get the new game on Tuesday.  If redeem the code today you will be wasting 4 or 5 days cause is changing till Tuesday.

You can turn off the auto-renewal at anytime, it won't terminate your subscription till the 30 days are up.

Any free avatars, themes or games purchased at discount prices are yours forever.

P.S. There is a stickied thread near the top of this forum PS Plus FAQ.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
537 posts

Dec 27, 2012

The store actually updates Monday again this coming week because of New Years. Decisions, decisions!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (256 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 27, 2012
Wait so does it update Monday or Tuesday?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 27, 2012
I live in the US
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
537 posts

Dec 27, 2012

CovertClay wrote:
Wait so does it update Monday or Tuesday?

It will update sometime on Monday. It's normally on Tuesdays but because the New Year falls on a Tues. it will update Mon. much like this past week.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (237 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1244 posts

Dec 27, 2012

How long before the code expires?  You can always wait until a few weeks (or months from now)  to see if something PS+ exclusive is being released (game, major discount, major beta).

If you want to activate your subscription sooner rather than later, I agree with the previous poster that suggested you time your subscription with the next update, however to optimize your one month subscription, you may want to wait until Jan7 (Monday before the regular Tuesday update) in order to take advantage of what is coming out Dec 31, what is available in Jan, and the first Feb update.

If you do not think you will keep PS+ you will want to turn off your auto-renewal or your settings to automatically fund your wallet for subscriptions.

Any free avatars or themes are yours to keep, as are any discounted items you buy (i.e. games, DLC, etc).

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (211 Views)
0 Likes