MVP Support
11159 posts

Re: Throw on a robe and come take a Journey with me!

Jul 18, 2012

Who's in this week? 

As incentive:  we might have a member of the development team at thatgamecompany join us for the evening!

Message 11 of 50 (721 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Should be there at the usual time, hoping the Internet connection stays afloat (which is not always the case). It might be interesting to see though how two white robes interact, if that's even possible.

Message 12 of 50 (717 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11159 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Two white cloaks can get to areas of the game that you'll likely never see as a red cloak and/or alone (you can get to those areas without the white cloak, but it's not recommended).  Basically, if you are in a game with a white cloak and s/he's staring at a particular spot on a wall and chirping (or head butting an outcropping), you'll be doing yourself a favor by joining them in said activity.  There are points within most levels where you can leave the normal play area and explore the 'backstage' areas where odd things can, and usually do, happen.  If you explore every bit of every out of bounds area in every level, you can easily stretch your 2 hour Journey into an epic 6-8 hour adventure/treasure hunt.

I started over on my account yesterday, and was with another red cloak.  We managed to scale the temple tower all the way to the top without activating the magic goo/floaty water within.  That's something not recommended until you have a white cloak, or a red cloak companion that knows how to fly efficiently.

There are many different ways to play Journey, which is what makes it so fantastically addictive.  I recommend at some point to challenge yourself to a red cloak-no scarf upgrade run through the game.  It pretty much forces you to slow down and take your time, enjoy the scenery, and at some points, depend heavily on your companion to continue.

Message 13 of 50 (712 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Jul 18, 2012

On my very first playthrough of the game, the other red cloaker I was with was with me for a little while on trying to scale that temple tower without the water. I had no knowledge of the water just yet (this being my first time), so in my mind it was the impossible feat of trying to float up and grab heights as a unit that got in my head. Then the other person ran elsewhere to turn on the faucet, and I'm thinking, "Oh, so that's how it's done." Smiley Wink

There was another time when I had my game saved at the start of the snow stage. Upon entry a white cloak was stuck inside the building or on top of the arching entrance. I tried boosting up there, wondering how to get inside. Of course, the ceiling was in my way so I had no clue as to how they did that. But, I'll definitely try looking into any secret areas that anyone seems to be hinting at in the game.

Message 14 of 50 (710 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I'll be there tonight.  I haven't posted here before, but I migrated from thatgamecompany's forum.  I've Journeyed dozens of times, but you'll see me as a 2nd Journey white robe (I always load from the same save Smiley Happy).

I hope to meet someone from here (or TGC forums) tonight! <3

Look for Neuroblastoma at the end of the game.

Message 15 of 50 (700 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11159 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I'll also be 2nd Journey white.  Started over last night, allowed the Autoupdate to replace my fully decorated save file with this one and turned off auto upload on the Journey save.

That is...  once my wife is done with her current Journey (she just started the Temple level).

Message 16 of 50 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 18, 2012
I just got in, at Broken Bridge now. Hope to travel with any of you. Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 50 (693 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11159 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Not gonna be me.  I'll be starting at the broken bridge, but won't be getting there for another 15-20 minutes.  Wife just started the stormy ascent.

Message 18 of 50 (691 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 19, 2012
I'll be restarting tonight, just in case someone else does the same.
Message 19 of 50 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Jul 19, 2012

Here's a snapshot of the couple of white-robed players I met along the way:

journeygamenight.jpeg

The first one led me through the backdoors around Journey. Passing through solid structures, you can see the camera get stuck in place in weird spots as you can see through the level from behind where it stands, just like the glitches of old. Then we reached a point traveling where the game shouldn't let you go... and I fell down. Wasn't sure I could find my way back up there without assistance, and wasn't sure they were going to follow... so, I took my leave and completed the journey with the second person.

Message 20 of 50 (683 Views)
0 Likes