First Son
1 posts

Re: Throw on a robe and come take a Journey with me!

Jul 25, 2012

I think that I'll give this lovely little idea a whirl,  I'll try to be there on the 25th.  I'll be a sad little red robe as I've only completed the game three or four times. Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 50 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Hope to see you on there, dragoness. In fact, I wonder how long it will take to ever run into someone whose name I'm at least somewhat familiar with before the Journey started.

Message 22 of 50 (704 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I'll be in the broken bridge area at 1930 EST. I'll hang out, faceplanted on the 2nd level of the bridge. Smiley Happy

White Robe.. very little embroidery (2nd Journey embroidery.. I have a save file Smiley Happy)
Message 23 of 50 (702 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 25, 2012
Had to reconnect. Had a white cloak who stayed in range.. but wanted nothing to do with me.
Message 24 of 50 (689 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Jul 26, 2012

Adorning the white robe again with its ridiculously long strand, I got a bit of a late start getting into the bridge part. When I got there though, I didn't have much time before I had to set the controller down for awhile. By the time I got back into the game the bridge was already completed and I didn't find anyone across the desert or the sandy hills.

Then while exploring through the catacombs a red cloak was trailing me. I got a chance to show them the locations of the shiny things and glyphs all along the way. It's the ending though where I always end up losing people. Whether they're already ahead of me or they're still behind, it's usually hard to tell at that part. We did end up finishing the game together (I waited a few minutes at the top of the peak to see if they would show). I was surprised I to not have bumped into more people, but of the names that were on my list at the end resulted in ShiraChesire and JeloHSaurus.

Message 25 of 50 (678 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 26, 2012
ShiraChesire is on thatgamecompany forums. They are event participants. You got one. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 50 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Best idea ever! I only know one person who even knows what Journey is, my brother, and we can't exactly play together so this is an awesome idea. If I can, I will definately be there every week. I hope to see some familiar names. ;->

Message 27 of 50 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Aug 1, 2012

It's another Wednesday night, and the mood is just right. Time to have some fun through the Journey that eventually gets done: T.G.I.W.! Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 50 (642 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Well, it wasn't my best Journey, but it was still great, of course. I met a white cloak with full embroidery and full scarf (same as me) and we went through together until we they wanted to show me something. It was some sort of glitch right after the sunken city where you can walk through the wall and get to the outside again. I followed for a while, but got fed up and wanted to play the game, not tally the flaws of it. I then proceeded to the next level and met another person, a red cloak with full scarf and full embroidery. The experience was much different with them and we had a lovely Journey the rest of the way. Of course, they, too had to show me something I didn't know about. The area where the metal monsters are after the glyph, they decided to go around the monsters. I had never done that before and caught the eye of a monster. I have only gotten my scarf cut once and that was the first time I played. Unfortunately, the monster took half of my wonderful scarf, but the person stayed with me until the end. I don't know if they caught the heart I drew in the sand, but either way, it was a lovely Journey with them.

These are the two people I met:

bdeemer1 (White Cloak)

Bev_Glenda1963 (Red Cloak)

Message 29 of 50 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11753 posts

Aug 2, 2012

Crud. I missed taking the Journey this week. It was on my mind until I completely got sidetracked with some other things, and then didn't remember about the game night until it was too late.

At least it sounds like you had a good time, Goo. I remember last time writing a word in the sand at the very end of the game, but the other person wasn't around yet to see it and those drawings do eventually crumble. Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 50 (531 Views)
0 Likes