Highlighted
Sep 01 2012
By: DutchCanadaMan First Son 10 posts

Just bought my vita this week, my experience

12 replies 327 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

Hi everyone! First time writer on the forums so bare with me. I just wanted to share my experience with my Vita that I bought last week.

After looking at reviews for a long time I finally decided it was time to get one, it has been an amazing ride. The system feels really nice when you hold it and start playing games with, not bulky at all. The screen is beautiful and the touch screen very response. 

A special note in saying that the near application is amazing, I use it every day to see what other people are playing in my neighbourhood and if there are any game goodies to be had. Also I find it a great way to discover new games and find new friends. The menu grapics, background music it all really works and comes together as a great package!

Also the abbility to change the backgrounds made the experience for me even better. I love putting my own personality into a system and make it look the way I want it. For example having a cool a psone background with my ps1 games just feels right and looks amazing.

Having a dedicated handheld system for games that is this powerfull and go do many of the other things my phone can is a delight. I caught myself mutliple times checking my twitter on the psvita instead of my phone. And nothing beats playing a game with actual real buttons. Having the ability to use both the buttons and touch screen when needed is what makes it better then any phone could ever be for games.

Also many of the launch games are pretty cheap now, hanging around the 19 and 29 (canadian) dollars. 

The only thing that bothered me a little is that when you buy a Vita game in the store and you open the box it will only hold a game cart. No manual, no booklets, no ads, nothing. It just seems a bit bare. For me buying a game is about the entire experience and this includes opening up a game box and diving into some of the goodies inside the box before even playing the game. Even some game art etc would be nice.

Other then that everything else has been super positive. Keep up the great work Sony, I will be sure to share my positive experience with my gaming friends and Family and will highly suggest them buying it for the upcoming holiday season.

Thumbs up! 

Rikus Kras

32 and Father of 2 great kids

Psnname: DutchCanadaMan

Message 1 of 13 (327 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

Re: Just bought my vita this week, my experience

Sep 1, 2012

Welcome to the Vita family and glad your satisfied with your purchase. Plenty more great things to come for Vita!

Message 2 of 13 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 1, 2012
For good or worse (worse in my case since, like you, I'm also a retail **bleep**) most PSV games will do away with manuals in favor of digital ones once you install the game. Only PSV games that have come (with a very tiny booklet of a manual) with something are Ubisoft's titles though do keep an eye on Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4: The Golden because they'll be released as both standard and Limited Editions~.
Message 3 of 13 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Sep 1, 2012

DutchCanadaMan wrote:

Hi everyone! First time writer on the forums so bare with me. I just wanted to share my experience with my Vita that I bought last week.

After looking at reviews for a long time I finally decided it was time to get one, it has been an amazing ride. The system feels really nice when you hold it and start playing games with, not bulky at all. The screen is beautiful and the touch screen very response. 

A special note in saying that the near application is amazing, I use it every day to see what other people are playing in my neighbourhood and if there are any game goodies to be had. Also I find it a great way to discover new games and find new friends. The menu grapics, background music it all really works and comes together as a great package!

Also the abbility to change the backgrounds made the experience for me even better. I love putting my own personality into a system and make it look the way I want it. For example having a cool a psone background with my ps1 games just feels right and looks amazing.

Having a dedicated handheld system for games that is this powerfull and go do many of the other things my phone can is a delight. I caught myself mutliple times checking my twitter on the psvita instead of my phone. And nothing beats playing a game with actual real buttons. Having the ability to use both the buttons and touch screen when needed is what makes it better then any phone could ever be for games.

Also many of the launch games are pretty cheap now, hanging around the 19 and 29 (canadian) dollars. 

The only thing that bothered me a little is that when you buy a Vita game in the store and you open the box it will only hold a game cart. No manual, no booklets, no ads, nothing. It just seems a bit bare. For me buying a game is about the entire experience and this includes opening up a game box and diving into some of the goodies inside the box before even playing the game. Even some game art etc would be nice.

Other then that everything else has been super positive. Keep up the great work Sony, I will be sure to share my positive experience with my gaming friends and Family and will highly suggest them buying it for the upcoming holiday season.

Thumbs up! 

Rikus Kras

32 and Father of 2 great kids

Psnname: DutchCanadaMan

You spoke like a SONY spokesperson lol, not offense though, I am glad to see that kind of enthusiasm among the Vita costumers.

There is a lot of people out there who base their taste in what others say (Videogames magazines, Forums, etc) Instead of enjoying things by their own. I have loved my Vita since day 1 no matter if some doomsday people among the gaming community can only see flaws and came up with statements like "the system is death". Its the good thing of being a free thinker, you can just do whatever you want and enjoy things others cant because of their prejudices.

Welcome to the Vita community, we are here to help each other and to enjoy this ride. The Vita is a powerful system already and we haven't even seen its full potential yet. This can only get better and better, the best is yet to come!

Message 4 of 13 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Sep 1, 2012

yeah man...i don't let those reviews bother me i just bought the vita...and now i can say im a happy camper...

OT

though it would help if they put peace walker on the vita store and a price cut too...

Message 5 of 13 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
571 posts

Sep 3, 2012
Just wanted to pipe in n say Congratulations on your purchase! The vita is awesome. I cant get enough on my vita! It comes with me everywhere in case i need to burn time lol. Me being 27 the vitas a grt tool to stay connected n still b a adult n do all the grown up things that i nd to do but in between jump on vita quickly its become my go to gadget for gaming and media. Enjoy!!
Gamer till the End
Message 6 of 13 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Sep 3, 2012
im 27 too and use it everyday, even in the drive thru waiting for my grub!
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 7 of 13 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 3, 2012
I used it everyday, playing while in the toilet taking a......view of my perfect bathroom wall Smiley Happy
I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 8 of 13 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Nice to meet another gaming father. I have one daughter and 2 furry children. Glad you're enjoying it so far

Message 9 of 13 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1532 posts

Sep 3, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Nice to meet another gaming father. I have one daughter and 2 furry children. Glad you're enjoying it so far

Smiley Surprised Beast Man 2.0 ???

I love Adam Levine
"One more ******* Love song and I well be sick......"
Message 10 of 13 (143 Views)
0 Likes