Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 28 2013
By: JJsmiithy First Son 1 posts

Just out of curiosity...

12 replies 252 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

I've never owned a Sony product, always been a Microsoft guy. After all I've heard about the new xbox I'm really much more interested in purchasing a PS4 rather than another god awful "redefining" Xbox. I don't know much about Playstation and wondered what some of you might suggest for a newbie. Especially things like setting it up for internet, how the network works in comparison to an Xbox, what the community is like, etc. Also, yes, I am aware there is a support forum and that I'm on the official site and could easily just go through and read the PSN info, but I prefer hearing the actuall communities ideas and suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Re: Just out of curiosity...

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013

I suggest you wait for the P;aystation 4 to come out and purhcase it on launch day. Then, I suggest you buy, as your first three games:

inFamous: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Diablo 3

Overall, in my opinion, Playstation is better overall than Xbox. The playstation community and it's gamers are more deep. Meaning a lot more PS3 players aren't generic players; their/our horizon for gaming is much greater. We have many great PS3 exclusive games, let alone that, we play, in general, more games other than Call of Duty and/or Battlefield. In general, as I said, our horizons are more open. 

The next-gen consoles, I believe, Sony/Playstation 4 will be better than the next Xbox. Just as with you, to simply put one thing I've seen, many Xbox players are looking to get a Playstation 4. Why wouldn't they? Though, the Xbox 720, code-named, "Durango", as not been yet announced and shown officially, whatever the outcome, I feel in my gut Playstation 4 will rule over it. 

I love Playstation. Been with it since the very first, and I am not going to stop anytime soon.

By the way, here is a heads up... Make sure you like your username, because before it becomes too late, you won't be able to change it. Personally, the best way to go, in my opinion, is using your first and last name. It never gets old, it's essentailly always fresh because I mean, c'mon, it's your name, right? Unless you don't feel comfortable using it than that's fine, just my suggestion. Also, if it would be a bit of help, on the Playstation 4, you will be given the option to use your real name in addition to your "gamer tag". 

If you happen to get a Playstation 3, here are some game franchises I'd suggest looking in to, in no particular order:

Dead Space

Devil May Cry

Sly Cooper

Jak Collection HD

Borderlands

Uncharted

Hitman

Assassins Creed

Bioshock

inFamous

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

...And I'll stop there. Though, there are other great games out there, these came off the top of my head.

Also, I highly advise purchasing a Playstation Plus Subscription for a year (50$). It's totally worth it, free games and great discounts and more every month. Especially as a new-comer, it wil come a great use to you. After the year expires, I'd put my money on it that'd you'd reinlist that subscription again. 

All in all, you can add me if you'd like. :smileyhappy:

PSN ID: ChrisInfurna

Have fun gaming!

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (216 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Apr 28, 2013

Playstation is Xbox +Many more games and great things such as free online Gaming and apps like Netflix and Youtube.

Plus it has great support with the PS handhelds.

You shlould abandon the Xbox ship before it sinks.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (211 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 28, 2013
PlayStation plus is great and well worth a year subscription. Free good games and discounts in ps store. Also, get a vita. Its awesome. It needs some more really good games but its an incredible machine and the games it has are sick. Wayyy more fun than any Nintendo game
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (205 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Never played dead space or borderlands or infamous but I can definitely vouch for uncharted, god of war, and little big planet
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (200 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18280 posts

Apr 28, 2013

princepaulo23 wrote:
Never played dead space or borderlands or infamous but I can definitely vouch for uncharted, god of war, and little big planet

I'd highly recommend Borderlands and Infamous. Borderlands is a great mix between a shooter and an RPG style game and Infamous tells a great Action and Adventure story. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (193 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Apr 28, 2013
There are too many Kudos to give in the post lol all true is what was said.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 28, 2013
Mmmm... I suggest waiting till may 21 to decide .
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 28, 2013
Time will tell lol
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Apr 28, 2013
i Suggest going after PS Plus right out the gate its bound to be worth it on the PS4 as it is on the PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (126 Views)
0 Likes