Reply
Aug 24 2013
By: Amnalehu Fender Bender 3551 posts
Offline

Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

37 replies 4292 views Edited Aug 24, 2013

I have been waiting to do me PS4 pre- order. I have been holding out for the PS4/Vita bundle but it doesn't seem like its coming soon so when I heard that that Walmart was opening up PS4 pre-orders again starting today. I headed out at to my local Walmart @ 7:05am this morning. Well 3 hours later I'm home. I counted 16 people in line ahead of me and eventually many more behind me. Out of the 16, 3 were getting both the PS4 and the Xbone. The rest were all getting the PS4 and several were getting 2 or more. If you haven't done so already, you might want to get to Walmart today and pre-order your PS4 and one contoller. The guy told me that controllers are going to be in short supply!

Message 1 of 38 (4,292 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
78 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

Wow. It should be interesting how long it will take to get a good supply in stock in stores after the release date. I am one of the few people waiting to see what happens after the launch date. I want to see what others think, what (if any) the bugs are etc. You def will have to keep me posted. Yes I am nosy LOL

Message 2 of 38 (4,279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/20/2009
Offline
2157 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

I have been waiting to do me PS4 pre- order. I have been holding out for the PS4/Vita bundle but it doesn't seem like its coming soon so when I heard that that Walmart was opening up PS4 pre-orders again starting today. I headed out at to my local Walmart @ 7:05am this morning. Well 3 hours later I'm home. I counted 16 people in line ahead of me and eventually many more behind me. Out of the 16, 3 were getting both the PS4 and the Xbone. The rest were all getting the PS4 and several were getting 2 or more. If you haven't done so already, you might want to get to Walmart today and pre-order your PS4 and one contoller. The guy told me that controllers are going to be in short supply!


Last i checked Walmart was only taking online ps4 preorders i guess they must have changed that policy, congrats on getting your ps4.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 38 (4,274 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/08/2013
Offline
3578 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013
Glad to see you're one of the launch day PS4 owners. Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 38 (4,271 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 06/21/2011
Offline
646 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

peckdogg68 wrote:

Last i checked Walmart was only taking online ps4 preorders i guess they must have changed that policy, congrats on getting your ps4.


A few days ago, Walmart issued a press release stating preorders are going up in stores today.

Message 5 of 38 (4,251 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
5698 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

Welcome to the Playstation 4 community! Can't wait to get my hands on it in 3 months (=

 photo f9ed0560-3816-41c2-9bbf-cb66d0260acb_zpsyrnrzise.jpg
Message 6 of 38 (4,245 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2009
Offline
1646 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013
I was going to do walmart but i didnt want to wait till today. I was lucky bestbuy had em in stock!

Grats man! Its a **bleep** good feeling
Message 7 of 38 (4,244 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 12/05/2008
Offline
78 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
I was going to do walmart but i didnt want to wait till today. I was lucky bestbuy had em in stock!

Grats man! Its a **bleep** good feeling

 

 

 

 

This is a little off topic but love your tag!

Message 8 of 38 (4,238 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
3551 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

They guy told me at Walmart that it could end today or tomorrow for the PS4.

Message 9 of 38 (4,235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
3551 posts
 

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

NillaThick wrote:

Wow. It should be interesting how long it will take to get a good supply in stock in stores after the release date. I am one of the few people waiting to see what happens after the launch date. I want to see what others think, what (if any) the bugs are etc. You def will have to keep me posted. Yes I am nosy LOL


I'd be very happy to keep you up to date with my experience from day one. I'll add you to my friends list!

Message 10 of 38 (4,233 Views)
Reply
0 Likes