Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: Just returned from Walmart/PS4 Pre-Order

Aug 24, 2013

DKTA- wrote:
I preordered my PS4 through Walmart about 2 months ago. Their warranty deal is fantastic, 3 years for 50 dollars.

exactly why I'm buying it from them

Message 21 of 38 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3602 posts

Aug 25, 2013

DKTA- wrote:
I preordered my PS4 through Walmart about 2 months ago. Their warranty deal is fantastic, 3 years for 50 dollars.

And i heard it doesn't kick in until the factory warranty expires.

Message 22 of 38 (719 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Aug 25, 2013
I hope the best buy in des moines aint to busy!!!! I gotta call them closer so i can expect how early to show up

Also amazon orders. Doesnt it ship on the 15th? You wont reciece it that day
Message 23 of 38 (714 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

I pre-ordered mine from GS the morning pre-orders were open back in June. Number two in line and its all paid for. its a great feeling. The bad part is now I have to wait for it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 24 of 38 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Sep 3, 2013
Just went on Friday the 30th(week after Wal-Mart reopened preorders on 23). Talking to the employee selling it to me. He opened binder with pre orders in front of me. I got the last ps4 order. Showed me the Xbox one pre orders. So many were still available.
Message 25 of 38 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Sep 3, 2013
‎08-24-2013 09:23 AM

I have been waiting to do me PS4 pre- order. I have been holding out for the PS4/Vita bundle but it doesn't seem like its coming soon so when I heard that that Walmart was opening up PS4 pre-orders again starting today. I headed out at to my local Walmart @ 7:05am this morning. Well 3 hours later I'm home. I counted 16 people in line ahead of me and eventually many more behind me. Out of the 16, 3 were getting both the PS4 and the Xbone. The rest were all getting the PS4 and several were getting 2 or more. If you haven't done so already, you might want to get to Walmart today and pre-order your PS4 and one contoller. The guy told me that controllers are going to be in short supply!

*GRINS*  What took you so long!!!!

Message 26 of 38 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Sep 3, 2013

babyboytheking wrote:
I could see why people choose Walmart over GameStop. It's not GameStop Smiley Happy. Seriously though I picked amazon. Lines going to be crazy - I just went with wait few hours and get it delivered.

Ha! I'd pick Gamestop over Walmart cause it's not Walmart. Walmart does a lot more harm to people in general than Gamestop.

But I chose Amazon because I can decide to cancel it and they don't charge your card at all until it ships (basically I want a PS4 and do eventually plan on getting one but I kinda want to wait. When they just came out with a bundle a few days ago I decided to pounce while I had the chance and I can have more time to think if I really want to get one now. I'll probably just cancel it or resell it though as there's nothing out for it that is really exciting and the only games I'm really excited about for it come out next year. And honestly it's a lot of money for me and I cringe right now at spending it especially when I have no use for it yet. Be better to wait and see if they come out with a Vita bundle).

Message 27 of 38 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Nightwish_1990 wrote:
I hope the best buy in des moines aint to busy!!!! I gotta call them closer so i can expect how early to show up

Also amazon orders. Doesnt it ship on the 15th? You wont reciece it that day

Nope, at least not if you have Prime apparently. I have Prime and they are promising me it will arrive the 15th.

Message 28 of 38 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Sep 3, 2013

About the Controllers? 

It's better to have Controllers in lack of, then to have Consoles in lack of, because they are easy to Produce, 

& can easily be restocked sooner then a Console can, ~_~ 

So Controllers shouldn't be a Problem, oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 29 of 38 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Sep 3, 2013

I got my pre order at the walmart i work at. best part is i will know how many we get in and know a week before launch ill be the first one camped out to get mine probably a day early lol

Message 30 of 38 (402 Views)
0 Likes