Sackboy
489 posts

Re: KH: Birth By Sleep where? Did I get scammed? -.-'

Jul 4, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

So you registered just to post that you got scam? You never got scam. You never brought KH digitally, so how the F did you get scam? If you pay for KH digital, and cant play on the vita, then i guess that would be a scam. But KH never made it on the PSN store, so no way you get scam. Vita do not play PSP disc, so if you brought KH disc game, its your own fault for not reasearching.

If you would take the time to read the OP's OP and would read through the rest of the thread, then maybe you'd understand that he bought a Vita after seeing on a Sony Store page that it lists that game as playable on the Vita.

So he read on Sony site that the game was playable on Vita, then went and bought a Vita so he could play it. Then after buying Vita went to download the game and it wouldn't let him.

That is why he feels like he's been scammed. Pretty simple.

To the people saying he should have done more research. PLEASE. You should be able to trust a site owned by Sony. Give the guy a break. How many times have I heard, "If it's not officially announced by Sony, then it isn't true."? Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

If he doesnt like the vita cause its doesnt play KH because its not in the PSN store, then just return the vita for full refund. I dont see how this is consider a scam. A scam would be buying a vita system from someone, opening it up, and see a rock inside the package instead of the vita. Now thats a scam.

Message 31 of 65 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

That's not the point kali, and to everyone else who says " check other websites always " what is that??? are you serious? you guys have such little faith in the sony website that the norm is to venture outside of sony / playstation for playstation related information??? If anything I would trust what the manufacture says OVER what the retailers say... what kind of community bashes someone who is having a bad experience?

Cleary sony messed up.. not the OP, get over it. And Sony.. go fix it.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 32 of 65 (280 Views)
MVP Support
13733 posts

Jul 5, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

That's not the point kali, and to everyone else who says " check other websites always " what is that??? are you serious? you guys have such little faith in the sony website that the norm is to venture outside of sony / playstation for playstation related information??? If anything I would trust what the manufacture says OVER what the retailers say... what kind of community bashes someone who is having a bad experience?

Cleary sony messed up.. not the OP, get over it. And Sony.. go fix it.

I'm sorry, but how out of the gaming loop do you have to be to not realize something is not on the PSN Store?

If someone were an actual KH fan, they would've heard about birth by sleep, probably googled it somewhere, and would've ran into plenty of people complaining how it's not on the store.

And why would I go to Sony's website? Their navigation and format is clunky. Plenty of other websites offer easier to read information, all in one place (since it's not like Sony products are the only games I buy).

It doesn't matter who messed up. The OP didn't get "scammed". 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 65 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Hi Glaciusx25. So what you are saying is do not go to a Sony website to find out about Sony products because they can not make a decent site anyway and they will not tell you the truth about the product?  Go to a off website so you can find out what they are not telling you about or missleading you in, to sell there product? I thought it was just a mistake Sony made at first. But from what you say it makes me wonder, if even you say you can not trust sony.

Mabe they are doing this on purpose??? But surely it is not a scam. Not from Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 34 of 65 (228 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Jul 5, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

Hi Glaciusx25. So what you are saying is do not go to a Sony website to find out about Sony products because they can not make a decent site anyway and they will not tell you the truth about the product?  Go to a off website so you can find out what they are not telling you about or missleading you in, to sell there product? I thought it was just a mistake Sony made at first. But from what you say it makes me wonder, if even you say you can not trust sony.

Mabe they are doing this on purpose??? But surely it is not a scam. Not from Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't go to the Sony website.

When I want to find out about a product, I Google it.

Do you know where KH BBS's Sony product page is on Google if you search "Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep"?

Page 3. And it's the UK playstation site (the US Site doesn't even appear as a result. At least, not in the first 14 pages. Maybe it pops up later).

I go to ALL THE OTHER SITES THAT POP UP BEFORE IT. 

Heck, even the Wikipedia page lists Distribution as "UMD". Not Playstation Network.

As I said, the Sony people were lazy, and basically put "PS Vita" as a platform for EVERY PSP game (theoretically, if you somehow managed to get BBS on the Vita, it would run just fine).

Message 35 of 65 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Do you know where KH BBS's Sony product page is on Google if you search "Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep"?

Page 3. And it's the UK playstation site (the US Site doesn't even appear as a result. At least, not in the first 14 pages. Maybe it pops up later).

Heck, even the Wikipedia page lists Distribution as "UMD". Not Playstation Network.

As I said, the Sony people were lazy, and basically put "PS Vita" as a platform for EVERY PSP game (theoretically, if you somehow managed to get BBS on the Vita, it would run just fine).

Google search for "kingdom hearts birth by sleep" - 3rd result:

square.jpg

Google search for "kingdom hearts birth by sleep vita" - 8th result:

sony.jpg

If I cannot trust official information, oh well...

Message 36 of 65 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

StupidPlayStatin wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Google search for "kingdom hearts birth by sleep" - 3rd result:

square.jpg

Google search for "kingdom hearts birth by sleep vita" - 8th result:

sony.jpg

If I cannot trust official information, oh well...

For the first one, the Square Enix site: It says Playstation Network, not because the game is available on the Store, but because it's on a Playstation console (every game for Playstation has that logo on it).

When you search with the word Vita, you can clearly see all these topics on game forums asking if it's compatible. The 6th result down was a topic that says "Is there a way to avoid buying a PSP just for this game?"

Like, seriously? That wouldn't raise any flags for you?

Message 37 of 65 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

Jul 6, 2013

To tell the truth if something like this causes this much controversy it should raise a flag for Sony. It would show that they care and hear our cries. Come on sony I know you care a little dont you? Please? Just a little? 

Message 38 of 65 (182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Jul 6, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

To tell the truth if something like this causes this much controversy it should raise a flag for Sony. It would show that they care and hear our cries. Come on sony I know you care a little dont you? Please? Just a little? 

I would hardly call this a lot of controversy.

These forums are known for people posting their complaints or faults found within the Playstation Community.

Now why I don't necessarily disagree, I still find it hard to believe that someone would just overlook all the other search results that mention how the Vita cannot play KH BBS.

Message 39 of 65 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jul 6, 2013
The problem is not that your house was robbed last Monday but the fact that you forgot lock the doors on Tuesday. Has Sony learned nothing from the past.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou,balmungfury
Vita owner, PS4 owner(since week 3)

Get your Portable ID!
Message 40 of 65 (178 Views)