Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Re: Killzone mercenary - BEst handheld Shooter ever, why is it so underrated?

[ Edited ]
Sep 11, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:
Anyway, rambling. I'll be picking this up for sure. Still trying to decide if I want a card or digital. Only, because if I grab a card and then get PS Vita TV later, the boys can play it on the TV if I'm using the Vita.

Buy the card, the game is 3.3 GB and you have to DL a day one patch for another GB. So, if you go digital, you'd be looking to dish 4 GBs of memcard space, too much considering their price if you ask me. I buy digital stuff -only- when there's no other option or the price is just too good go pass on~.

That doesn't even make sense.  You want them to lower the price for digital because of all the content and high quality graphics they worked so hard to develop takes up too much memory card space?  I certainly hope memory card space doesn't hold back developers from making amazing games like Killzone.  Expensive memory is Sony's problem and they need to fix it.  

PS I bought the game digitally.  My only complaint is PSN is rediculously slow when downloading.

Message 11 of 30 (232 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Sep 11, 2013
I really liked the campaign for Killzone Mercenary. AI handled nicely, it had great challenges and bosses, didn't just raise the number of enemies, and was overall a fun game. However, I ran into a few glitches. Justus could run in front of guards and not notify them, I tried running past an he blocked me, The final interrogation scene, the mans head was moving through a rock, and i stabbed his head through it. I floated through the stairs to melee an injured man.

Not to say it wasn't a great experience. Just the glitches took me out of it a bit.
Message 12 of 30 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
400 posts

Sep 11, 2013

mostrander wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:
Anyway, rambling. I'll be picking this up for sure. Still trying to decide if I want a card or digital. Only, because if I grab a card and then get PS Vita TV later, the boys can play it on the TV if I'm using the Vita.

Buy the card, the game is 3.3 GB and you have to DL a day one patch for another GB. So, if you go digital, you'd be looking to dish 4 GBs of memcard space, too much considering their price if you ask me. I buy digital stuff -only- when there's no other option or the price is just too good go pass on~.

That doesn't even make sense.  You want them to lower the price for digital because of all the content and high quality graphics they worked so hard to develop takes up too much memory card space?  I certainly hope memory card space doesn't hold back developers from making amazing games like Killzone.  Expensive memory is Sony's problem and they need to fix it.  

PS I bought the game digitally.  My only complaint is PSN is rediculously slow when downloading.

It makes perfect sense.   With the 32gb cards costing $80, that's $2.50 a gig.  The game will cost you $8.25 to store.  If the digital copy doesn't offer that kind of savings, the physical copy is a better buy.  Not to mention if you entice gamers to go digital, you won't lose out on a potential used game sale if the physical people choose to trade the game in.  Digital has to work for the consumer, not the other way around.  A lesson Sony still hasn't learned.

Message 13 of 30 (215 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 11, 2013

mostrander wrote:
(...) You want them to lower the price for digital because of all (...)

Don't recall ever saying that. If I implied anything is that the memcards are too expensive to go having 4GB out of a 8/16/32GB card taken by just one game~.

Message 14 of 30 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Sep 11, 2013

i feel like im losing here , i have not played it

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 15 of 30 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Sep 11, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

mostrander wrote:
(...) You want them to lower the price for digital because of all (...)

Don't recall ever saying that. If I implied anything is that the memcards are too expensive to go having 4GB out of a 8/16/32GB card taken by just one game~.

Yeah, it was an easy choice for Muramasa: Rebirth and Dragon's Crown, since they were both under 1GB. It is very convenient having them available digitally and not having to worry about packing those cards around. However even though I have a 32GB card it would seem a better choice to grab a card with it's size. Hmm... Smiley Very Happy

Question: In addition to the being able to pick how you play through Single Player (stealth, etc...), do they have difficulty levels? Or is it just one difficulty?

Message 16 of 30 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

Sep 11, 2013

motell6 wrote:

i feel like im losing here , i have not played it

Then you should buy it ASAP.

Message 17 of 30 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Sep 11, 2013
OH MY GOD! THIS GAME IS SO EPIC! Killzone: Mercenary is my very first Killzone game, and it does not disappoint! The graphics are outstanding, the gameplay is extremely solid, and the story is great! This is probably THE best first experience with a new franchise in my life!

Guerilla Studio, you've just got a sold customer for Killzone: Shadow Fall!
Message 18 of 30 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4115 posts

Sep 11, 2013

I really, really like it, but I can't play it when I have a Migraine, and this one I have is lingering and if I DO play, blech. It makes me worse. Same happened in the BETA. Robot Mad

I can play it fine when I don't have a Migraine. Robot LOL

So now my PS Vita is locked into only playing KM since I can't SAVE it where I am. Robot Sad

Message 19 of 30 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
571 posts

Sep 11, 2013
Lovin this game it is very well made....def aust buy.
Gamer till the End
Message 20 of 30 (163 Views)
0 Likes