Aug 01 2013
By: Crazy-Maisy Treasure Hunter 4073 posts

LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey (PS VITA)

[ Edited ]
8 replies 1050 views Edited Aug 22, 2013

LEGO Legends of Chima: Lava's Journey is a portable video game based on the LEGO toy line of Legends of Chima.

It was release on June 25, 2013 for PS Vita and 3DS. (No console version)

Whether you know about the story behind The Legends of Chima LEGO line, or not, you can enjoy this game for it's story and the play.

Those who like LEGO and LEGO video games might enjoy this title.

It's not an expensive game, it has enough gameplay to satisfy a gamer, to fill the time with something challenging enough to get a Platinum.

Honestly I do not think that most PS VIta users would even give this title one thought except for "No way" but I did think about it more than that.

LEGO Legend of Chima didn't interest me at first, but I became interested in the LEGO Sets once I started looking at the Eagles. I like most of the sets a lot, only have a few of my own. It's not a great big AFOL line, but I think many kids and teens and adults might like this LEGO line if they pick a set or two or more they like, they might find they like more than that and this game is part of it.

This video game is one I was 'excited' for. Not jumpling for joy, but pleasanly anticipating it as a Summer title.

I played the game when I first got it, I didn't play it all the time, I finished it in just over 1 month, but that's because I didn't play it every day nor every week.

I played other things and nothing at all the whole time. Hours of play for this game, I don't know, not a ton, but enough.

It's sort of complicated in how it works, having to find things. LEGO games might not be considered the most challenging Trophy-wize. Don't take them lightly though. Who can have the patience to Plantinum a LEGO game? It takes dedication to play the whole story, replay all the levels, maybe more than once, to find all the treasure, all the characters, and get all the Red Bricks (which you get when you deliver the respective treasure(s) to each character who requests them in Free Play areas.)

This game was on a smaller scale than the last LEGO Video Game (LEGO Lord of the RIngs) in that game there were more trophies and more requirements for collecting. Though this game was on a smaller scale it is still detail complicated: "where is that", "how to find what's missing", "what to do now" ... possible thought processes while playing.

For a kid, this game is thoughtful and challenging. For an adult this game is puzzling enough finding all the thing you overlook, you might have to look it up online, to find where the thing you are looking for is, or what it is, or something. 

I tried to play it fully myself and only looked thing up information the last couple of plays (times I played) to finish it up without playing longer since I have other PS VIta games I can play (PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD right now, and Dragon's Crown in a couple of weeks.)

Most information online is in video format but not for the PS Vita, for the 3DS. Playthrough walkthroughs and documentation of what is where in the videos is the same for the PS Vita. There are a few forums elsewhere with PS Vita users talking about this game. One I found was what I needed today to finish up Red Bricks. I prefer text for this kind of thing, so it was nice to find. 

I know I'm not the only person in the world that has played LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey on the PS Vita.

I have no friends on my PSN Friend List that play it, or know of any forum members that have played it either.

I'm hoping that some of you will find the game worth getting. If you have questions about it, this is the place to ask!

Playing it, need help? Ask away, I don't mind letting you know what i know, or looking it up for someone either, since I've done it all myself. I won't give away things. I mean, if there is something about a game, I don't like it when things are spoiled in a forum.

Spoiler
Full spoiler tags should be used to keep puzzle, secret, location, stuff away from those who don't want to see it. 

Screenshot of Gifts

PS Vita Legends of Chima has NEAR functionality ... Gifts ... I am disappointed since I haven't found ANYONE playing this game.

LEGO Legends of Chima Incoming Gifts (0)

It made me very sad, so sad I put 10x Studs into my Gift area for others. (That's a big one!) Also Skinnet, Stud Magnet, and a few other Red Bricks. If you are going to play this game, can use NEAR, then put me on your PSN Friends list just for while you play this game, at the least, and you'll get those Gifts. Nice!

LEGO Legends of Chima My Gifts

LEGO Legends of Chima My Gifts

Message 1 of 9 (1,050 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5705 posts

Re: LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey (PS VITA)

Aug 22, 2013
Moved from Action Adventure General
Message 2 of 9 (999 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Dr_Jack0716 wrote:
Moved from Action Adventure General

Thank you so much! Heart

Message 3 of 9 (997 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 22, 2013

Hey Crazy-Maisy i have never played a lego game before but i've been thinking about getting Legends of Chima for these past weeks but im not totally convinced, i have one question that could easily seal the deal, does it support online co op? it if does then its a buy if it doesnt im not really sure, when there is a kiddy looking game i always buy 2 copies of the game ( Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet, ModNation, Sly Cooper) because im always buying my 10 years old nephew games, my sister gets really mad because she says that i have him really spoiled, he is got a vita with lbp, resistance, playstation all stars, sly cooper, ratchet and clank but i want to get him another game and  i dont know if my sister would let me get him killzone( resistance doesnt look as realistic as killzone lol) i think Legends of Chima would be perfect to play together, i mean im getting him a ps4 with knack and cerny just confirmed there will be a co op mode aimed to younger audience so Knack is so bought!!! 

They should release a demo and sony should put video gameplay of all games that get published on the store. 

Message 4 of 9 (989 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 22, 2013

No it doesn't  .... it's a 1 player game entirely. It's a good game otherwise.

Another Lego game that plays nicely as 1 player, and does support 2 Ad Hoc players is LEGO Lord of the Rings on PS Vita.

Ad Hoc connects nearby PS Vita ... it's not online support. The upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game is supposedly going to have co-op, but I haven't confirmed what that means with the PS Vita.

In particular usually LEGO games for PS3 have same-ps3-co-op. PS Vita can use Ad Hoc, like I said above LoTR is like that, and hopefully Marvel will be too. In any case, the LoTR game has come down in price a lot. It's a fun game, especially if you like LoTR.

Killzone Mercenary, great game thus far in the beta, but not a little kid's game. Smiley Happy I think that the PS Vita games that don't have co-op would be good with both Ad Hoc and Online co-op options. Many games would be great as co-op. But that's not up to me! I have the same issue with PS3 games, so many would do co-op so well, but don't have it as an option at all.

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD has 1 Player, and 2-player Ad-Hoc, and Online 2-Player. <----- great game for anyone that likes a great game!

Message 5 of 9 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Aug 23, 2013
I want to play this game bc of the tv series. It's pretty good. I know one day I will get around too it. Thanks for ur article on the game u must had enjoyed to write something so long.
Message 6 of 9 (962 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Aug 23, 2013

redcar200 wrote:
I want to play this game bc of the tv series. It's pretty good. I know one day I will get around too it. Thanks for ur article on the game u must had enjoyed to write something so long.

I really did enjoy it. I like the TV series and the LEGO line of the actual LEGO sets. I have quite a few Chima sets. Heart

Message 7 of 9 (954 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Aug 23, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

No it doesn't  .... it's a 1 player game entirely. It's a good game otherwise.

Another Lego game that plays nicely as 1 player, and does support 2 Ad Hoc players is LEGO Lord of the Rings on PS Vita.

Ad Hoc connects nearby PS Vita ... it's not online support. The upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game is supposedly going to have co-op, but I haven't confirmed what that means with the PS Vita.

In particular usually LEGO games for PS3 have same-ps3-co-op. PS Vita can use Ad Hoc, like I said above LoTR is like that, and hopefully Marvel will be too. In any case, the LoTR game has come down in price a lot. It's a fun game, especially if you like LoTR.

Killzone Mercenary, great game thus far in the beta, but not a little kid's game. Smiley Happy I think that the PS Vita games that don't have co-op would be good with both Ad Hoc and Online co-op options. Many games would be great as co-op. But that's not up to me! I have the same issue with PS3 games, so many would do co-op so well, but don't have it as an option at all.

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD has 1 Player, and 2-player Ad-Hoc, and Online 2-Player. <----- great game for anyone that likes a great game!

Yea Crazy i think games like these would sell better if they supported online co op.

Message 8 of 9 (949 Views)
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Aug 23, 2013

First of all... I apprectiate the great review. I just added this to my amazon wish list. I am going to be investing alot in physical games for Vita since I am getting a second one, and it doesnt work well with digital sharing within the same household. I will probably buy it on my next payday. $20 on Amazon.

Message 9 of 9 (940 Views)