Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: Leaked PS4 Controller

Feb 15, 2013

its the same in both pictures...theres 2 complete seperate pics on here that show the exact same thing..some of you have no clue..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 21 of 41 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Lol. You had no clue what my previous post said. We all know both picture are the same, the second one is a cropped out zoomed in version of the first picture. I know about photo editing, I did it myself a few years ago, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Message 22 of 41 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 15, 2013

i kmow exactly what im talking about and its fake as hell..you will see when the original ps4 controller does not resemble this in anyway..LMAO.....people are so gullible these days.

Message 23 of 41 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Of course the controller won't resemble this exactly, It's a "prototype". You're stating the obvious. Incase you didn't know that big clunky dev kit behind it won't be the final PS4 design. Just letting you know!!

Message 24 of 41 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 15, 2013

so your just another one that believes everything they see on the internet...OK enough said....LOL

Message 25 of 41 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Nope. It's called getting information from credibal sources. You also said the PS4 won't be coming out this year, we'll see who feels a certain way on the 20th.

Message 26 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 15, 2013

i have seen these credible sources be very wrong in the past so it wouldn't be the first time...and if i am wrong so be it but we will see.

Message 27 of 41 (118 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5308 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

kythunder wrote:

so your just another one that believes everything they see on the internet...OK enough said....LOL

IGN has credible sources (aka devs) who have mentioned this is real btw, just a prototype. You can try to convince people all you want though, the egg will be on your face February 20th when the newer model somewhat resembles it.

Anyway, I would like to state that IGN somehow missed that SECOND button near the Triangle button? One is obvious to see near the up digital arrow but the other is a bit shadowed near the triangle button. 

I would also like to point out that while everyone believes that middel area looks like a speaker grill, what is the point of that unless to mimic the wii mote. What if that area is only being mis-recognized as a speaker grill...

What if it is a somewhat large Mic in order to "speak" to the PS4? Start and select missing, merely say it or commands like Kinect.

Want to chat with your friend(s) for a sec but don't have your headset up and ready,speak to the controller. 

You don't have to be so close to it either, the large mic will compensate distance and reverberation. 

I believe the Move bar is accurate though, being able to be more accurate with shot (Golden Abyss small adjustments anyone who owns a Vita). What if they toss out the sixaxis funtion (gyroscopes) and this is a more accurate motion sensing? What if the PS4 has the camera built into the system like the next xbox. 

The touchpad could very well be Sony's stab at SmartGlass, using it to manuever around the web browser and menus easier. Sure more better functions could be tossed ingame like added button funtionality but two finger gestures makes me wonder (pinch to zoom anyone).

While everyone says the sticks may have changed but I reiterate that for the better. Instead of the normal round sticks, they are using concave sticks like the 360 uses. Less slip, more grip actually - this is what the outsourced surveys asked users what they wanted more and concave won apparently. The other thing users complained was that the sticks were too close to eachother, big handed people would say their thumbs would collide all the time, especially for shooters. So... they spread them a bit more apart, you can tell throught the pictures.

Some of us can't see the L2/R2 buttons, but I'm hoping Sony listened and made them more like triggers (like a gun/360) like alot of people asked.

Just my thoughts on the controller, I'm sure we are going to hear more of it on the 20th... 

Message 28 of 41 (115 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6532 posts

Feb 15, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

FidelityNy wrote:

PS4 Controller

Screw the looks of the controller, it is a prototype and a lot can still change. I care more about the PS4 looking like that sweet piece of hardware on the back. The other thing I care about is the "share" button; If Sony decides to put a freaking facebook, twitter logo on the controller then whoa, what a way for Sony to drive me away Smiley Very Happy

I'm fine with the looks of it but it does need some polishing. I would love it to be more gun-metal like. I still have hopes that SONY might one day use clear X [ ] /\ O buttons, like on the PSP but maintaining the symbols' colors. Perhaps a better speaker grill. It would be nice if this controller is a bit bigger than the DS3

Thanks for actualy being the first.... I wondered how long it would take people to notice.

Do I think it's a PS4 controller? yes... but very much a prototype(and could be one of many), the pieces are there for developmental purposes, not necessarily final size, form factor or proportions. More importantly... is that the "Orbis" PS4 dev box it's plugged into? if so we can confirm some things. 8 controller support, slot load disc, and what looks to be twin camera's left and right built into the console to track 3D space and the glowing LED panel on the controller.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 29 of 41 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 15, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

FidelityNy wrote:

PS4 Controller

So here it is. Looks pretty accurate to what we've been picking up from the recent rumors.

I like the look a lot, hard to tell in the pic but it looks to be matt black too, which I also like.

Gotta say I am Liking it too.  I am ecstatic that the general shape has not changed, and the size has not increased exponentially either.  I do expect it would be wireless though.

Moble

Message 30 of 41 (82 Views)