Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: Let's talk about Specs shall we?

May 22, 2013

So basically the PS4 is superior. The spec differences don't really matter to the Xbox fans. But this could make all the difference when shopping for a next-gen console.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 11 of 17 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4138 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

renstimpy3 wrote:

So basically the PS4 is superior. The spec differences don't really matter to the Xbox fans. But this could make all the difference when shopping for a next-gen console.

With all honestly, it wouldn't matter if the Xbox One could crapp out dark matter. It comes down to the games. If M$ is only concern about people watching televion than what is the point of calling it a game console? I have TV, I have internet, I have a console. I buy a game console because I don't want to watch movies on it.

So if Sony can focus primarily on games than  they can allow the other stuff be secondary than I can live with all the addition.

Games should come before movies or TV watching. 

It like this "by the way the PS4 can produce games like Killzone and Infamous  that introduces so many game mechanics, it will leave you breathless; and it could allow you to watch a movie every once in awhile."

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 12 of 17 (122 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2405 posts

May 22, 2013
the biggest spec I really care about is the hard drive space, I like to have my music on there and I hope I can also save those things from the share button to my hdd.
Other than the hdd, the specs don't make much of a difference to me. I'll be getting a ps4 for the cool games it has/going to have(hopefully uncharted 4).
Message 13 of 17 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

May 22, 2013
Xbox fanboys won't care about the spec if slightly different it's about the games, I mean kinect,TV ,and Betamax design and SONY stock is up. Ps4 GDDR5 is strong but an article said that cloud will help the DDR3 and the entire parts of xbox to get stronger and last.
Message 14 of 17 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7615 posts

May 23, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

So, at least 3GB of the XBOne is just reserved for the OS?

In my opinion, that's quite heavy for a game console OS. [...] My best guess? They probably stuck a modified build of Windows 8 in there, which is why it requires DDR3 RAM instead of the 360's GDDR3.

http://gizmodo.com/xbox-one-all-the-nerdy-details-you-dont-know-yet-509381624

Not exactly a modified build of Windows 8 as I guessed.

Apparently, the reason for the 3GB of RAM is because the XBO runs two OSes at the same time at all times (!) and the console just switches what OS is displayed on-screen. One is geared towards games, another geared towards apps.

And apparently it's a hard limit. No hardware resources are shared between the two.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 15 of 17 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3790 posts

May 23, 2013

I imagine that the hard drive in the PS4 will also be non-user-replaceable. This makes sense, from a piracy standpoint. If SONY makes the system more complicated to break into, piracy will be more difficult. But... here is the real meat. They are probably going to have a fixed hard drive (I'm going to guess 1TB), but they will probably have the console upload to GaiKai. They already do this for PS+ members and their game saves. I would imagine this same process will continue. While it will be a 'pain' in theory... most people are not going to need to have all of their games they've ever purchased installed on their console. At some point, they will be able to remove them and download them again later if they decide they want to play the game again. Or, if a disc-based game requires hard drive installation, I would could see SONY offering storage for that, in some form or another. Since games can now play and stream at the same time, it seems feasible that the disc could validate the purchase and the extra "installed" data is actually streamed from SONY's servers and is NOT stored on the HDD. This kind of validation/streaming setup alone could completely destroy piracy. One thing I would love to see that we probably won't is SSHD's. I think they are still too costly to be packed in. However, next generation after PS4 (or maybe a PS4 refresh) will certain have them.

Message 16 of 17 (49 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3117 posts

May 23, 2013
You just made no sense, the hard drive is locked to only one PS3 system so piracy really wasn't a issue as you could still upgrade the hard drive. The way people were putting hacked games was because of using a hacked system and a external hard drive to move games around.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 17 of 17 (44 Views)
0 Likes