Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Re: List Of Games The PSV Desperately Needs To Thrive

Mar 10, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Well that's the problem, they're the minority, and a company like Capcom doesn't cater to the minority, they go where the money is.

RE2 is one of my favorite games of all-time. I still remember a couple of oh-**bleep** moments to this day.

Hating this gen more and more the longer it goes on :smileyhappy:  The budgets for development and publishers needing to make 3-4+ million to make 'profit' (or in general chasing COD numbers) has really ruined the industry IMO.  AAA this, AAA that, this isn't viable nowadays, etc..

RE3 was my first RE title and being chased by Nemesis really added to the atmosphere.  Walking into a hallway/room and hearing "STARS" made me turn straight around and get the hell out of dodge or attempt to duck him to get to where I was going.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 294 (367 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2013

I think Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy need a big hit on Vita.

Especially Monster Hunter.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 294 (360 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Mar 10, 2013
And don't forget to add a brand new classic story based Ratchet and Clank game. Not a tower defense like FFA. I want the feel of the old ps2 and ps3 games. Not psp stuff and yes vita games are great but can you give us a selection? Classic controls like the PS3 and games that involve all the vitas cool features. I have little big planet so I get the feel of the vita features but I am desperate for the classic controls of the PS3 and PS2. Gimme dem dualshock controls!

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 294 (359 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

As I've said before, as I say now and as I will continue to say, the Vita does not need ports of existing PS 3 games, nor PS 2 ports. I have been in numerous conversations on this topic (I tend to ignore 4 out of 5 of these threads as they are too common and too repetitive) and people continue to clamor for PORTS.

This is a common misconception amongst gamers. Ports do not and will not sell systems. Especially ports of current gen games that are still playable (and obtainable) on that system. Games like God of War, Bioshock, Batman, Borderlands and so forth are great games, don't get me wrong. But the bulk of Vita owners (from my experience) are already PS 3 owners. Most of us don't really want to replay these games yet again on a smaller screen.

What the Vita needs are original installments and fresh IPs. These are the things that will sell a system. Games that you can not get anywhere else. I bought my Vita to play Uncharted: Golden Abyss, AC: Liberation, Persona 4 Golden (which I was unable to obtain on the PS 2), Little Big Planet Vita, Warrior's Lair, Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star Online 2, and games like those. Outside of Persona 4 Golden (which is a port of a prior gen game) the rest are new installments or new IPs. Experiences that I can not get on the PS 3. Games that are not found on 5 different systems. Games that can not be played on the 3DS.

Ports are not necessarily a bad thing by themselves. But ports leech a system's identity. They might help bolster a system's library, but unless you're just entering the gaming scene or have been living under a rock (or on an isolated island by yourself, fighting for survival) for the last few years, odds are, you've already played the port. In some cases, a port can add a few new characters, a new chapter to the story, a bonus level or something along that line. Beyond that, there is little difference between a port and the already established game, outside of a new, higher price tag. Why pay $40 for the brand new Vita game, if I can buy the PS 3 version for half the price?

The new cross buy program is a step in the right direction. This is only a good thing for new installments in existing franchises or new IPs. Take for example; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. In the case of Sly IV, both the PS 3 and the Vita versions were developed (and released) at the same time. You can start on the PS 3, upload your save to the "Cloud", download to your Vita and continue in a different room or on the road. The Vita version is also tied into the PS 3 version, allowing you to find bottles and treasures easier. This is not just a "port", but a fresh take on a great frachise.

I'd far prefer new IPs or new installments. Ports of existing games is lame and the cheap way out.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 294 (352 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

I'd far prefer new IPs or new installments. Ports of existing games is lame and the cheap way out.

I do not own a PS3 (I'm a PC gamer), but I still agree with your points - that's why I said only if the OP's titles were spin-offs and not simply ports. Though I can't play series like God of War or INfamous on the PC, I don't have any desire to have straight ports brought to the Vita - give me something new. As long as said spin-offs don't require playing the prior games in the series to enjoy (eg. U:GA, AC3L), then I'll buy them.

But I also agree that I don't mind cross-platform titles that have simultaneous (or near-simultaneous) release (eg. Sly Cooper). In fact, I'll gladly take ever PS3 game on the Vita in that situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 294 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1813 posts

Mar 11, 2013
i would love it if they revived some old ps1 games, and completely remade the game for the vita, not just a ps1 classic digital. how cool would it be to see, for example, digimon rumble arena in hd, on the vita? they could also add new features. games like medival could also make a comeback, especially with all stars propelling sir dan back into the light
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 294 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 11, 2013

Fatal Frame<--new one or port of the first 3

Xenosaga needs to make a return would love to see a HD remake followed by new ones but brining it to the classics would work

.Hack//

MegaMan Legends i think that's the name. The RPG not the side scroller

Final Fantasy VII crisis core

Kessen III

Mystic Heros another i'd love to see as a HD remake

Not a game but something else that would make the Vita sales reach record numbers.  Sony buying out Nintendo so i don't have to buy a system just for Zelda and Pokemon.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 294 (332 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Mar 11, 2013

apollodarkblade wrote:

Fatal Frame<--new one or port of the first 3

I think Nintendo now co-owns the IP alongside Tecmo so give up hope.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 294 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7490 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

jon1234 wrote:

ewww, your list is digusting... i want to play new games, not games that i have already played and spin offs of console games.... just face the facts, these games will never come

You speak for a VERY small amount of people and are prob the reason the Vita is bombing because Sony is actually catering to ppl like u.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 294 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Mar 11, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

ewww, your list is digusting... i want to play new games, not games that i have already played and spin offs of console games.... just face the facts, these games will never come

You speak for a VERY small amount of people and are prob the reason the Vita is bombing because Sony is actually catering to ppl like u.

The Vita "bombing" is not because people are demanding New or Original games for the Vita, it's sales are weak because of base price and memory card price. Not to mention a disctinct lack of marketing. Low unit sales equates to low software development. Few are going to develop for it if they feel it's not worth while. 4 million units worldwide in one year isn't that great of a start all things considering.

I've already stated my reasons why I think ports are a poor idea. Even if they were to port tons of old PS 3 games, it wouldn't help. Price is the key and while I have not a single regret spending $300 on my Vita, for most people it's not worth the price, especially if you add in another $50 - $100 for memory. Sony made a huge mistake not bundling memory with the system. 4gb is a fair starting point. An 8gb card would be better as a starting point.

As evidenced by Japan's sales spike, price really matters.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 294 (316 Views)