Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Re: List Of Games The PSV Desperately Needs To Thrive

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

ewww, your list is digusting... i want to play new games, not games that i have already played and spin offs of console games.... just face the facts, these games will never come

You speak for a VERY small amount of people and are prob the reason the Vita is bombing because Sony is actually catering to ppl like u.

The Vita "bombing" is not because people are demanding New or Original games for the Vita, it's sales are weak because of base price and memory card price. Not to mention a disctinct lack of marketing. Low unit sales equates to low software development. Few are going to develop for it if they feel it's not worth while. 4 million units worldwide in one year isn't that great of a start all things considering.

I've already stated my reasons why I think ports are a poor idea. Even if they were to port tons of old PS 3 games, it wouldn't help. Price is the key and while I have not a single regret spending $300 on my Vita, for most people it's not worth the price, especially if you add in another $50 - $100 for memory. Sony made a huge mistake not bundling memory with the system. 4gb is a fair starting point. An 8gb card would be better as a starting point.

As evidenced by Japan's sales spike, price really matters.

Doesn't matter what the price of the vita is if it doesn't have any good games for it. What incentive does someone have to buy one even if the price is low if it doesn't have any games to play on it. Oh great a 200 dollar paper weight.

Message 41 of 297 (408 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 11, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

ewww, your list is digusting... i want to play new games, not games that i have already played and spin offs of console games.... just face the facts, these games will never come

You speak for a VERY small amount of people and are prob the reason the Vita is bombing because Sony is actually catering to ppl like u.

The Vita "bombing" is not because people are demanding New or Original games for the Vita, it's sales are weak because of base price and memory card price. Not to mention a disctinct lack of marketing. Low unit sales equates to low software development. Few are going to develop for it if they feel it's not worth while. 4 million units worldwide in one year isn't that great of a start all things considering.

I've already stated my reasons why I think ports are a poor idea. Even if they were to port tons of old PS 3 games, it wouldn't help. Price is the key and while I have not a single regret spending $300 on my Vita, for most people it's not worth the price, especially if you add in another $50 - $100 for memory. Sony made a huge mistake not bundling memory with the system. 4gb is a fair starting point. An 8gb card would be better as a starting point.

As evidenced by Japan's sales spike, price really matters.

Doesn't matter what the price of the vita is if it doesn't have any good games for it. What incentive does someone have to buy one even if the price is low if it doesn't have any games to play on it. Oh great a 200 dollar paper weight.

If you don't even own one, then why throw your opinion in. I thought this thread was for people who own Vita's. Not disgruntled people who don't. Why waste your time, stick with the PS3 threads, since there are people here who think the Vita has some great games; just because you don't share the same feelings doesn't mean anyone here wants to hear from you.

Message 42 of 297 (404 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Mar 12, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

You're attempting to play Catch 22 with me. Not really going to work. If the Vita doesn't sell, then there's no reason to create new games for the system. A lower price will move systems. More systems equals more games. More games equals more sales. But without that Initialsystem sales number that invites a particular developer then it doesn't matter what anyone says.

If you don't see an incentive at $200 with the games there are, then ports of existing old PS 3 games aren't going to do much more for you to be honest. By demanding ports of existing PS 3 games, you strip the Vita of it's own unique identity. It simply becomes an extension of the PS 3. This is likely to be an unfortunate side effect with the Vita & PS 4.  

New IPs. New Installments of existing franchises. That's where the value of the Vita comes into play. Games you can not get elsewhere. Why should I pay $40 for the port of God of War III when I can get the PS 3 version of GoW III for $20 or less? Ports of PS 1, PS 2 or PSP games is only slightly better of an idea, as those games are much harder to find. But even so, I'd rather have a new game than a game I've already played. Most gamers I've seen are the same way. Usually it's blind fanatics who feel otherwise, such as FF VII fanatics who swore for years a PS 3 remake of VII would move bajillions of PS 3s. The PS 4 is almost here and there is still no VII remake and the PS 3 did just fine.

The Vita is a great system that I've owned since day 1. No regrets.

Message 43 of 297 (395 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1155 posts

Mar 12, 2013
@PapaWarlock: I never said anything about ports. They are ok but i just wnat the same feel of the dualshock controls. Like when i play ratchet and clank, the classic sqaure to hit and O to use a special weapon triangle for the menu. The classic controller scheme.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 44 of 297 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 12, 2013
Message 45 of 297 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 12, 2013
@ valen endac
Message 46 of 297 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Mar 12, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:
@PapaWarlock: I never said anything about ports. They are ok but i just wnat the same feel of the dualshock controls. Like when i play ratchet and clank, the classic sqaure to hit and O to use a special weapon triangle for the menu. The classic controller scheme.

My post wasn't aimed at you.

Message 47 of 297 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 12, 2013

The Vita needs more original games; not just ports. 

Message 48 of 297 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1155 posts

Mar 13, 2013
@ PapaWarlock: sorry i wasnt sure. Lol. How do you get that, reynolds-wrap1 wrote:, on there?

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 49 of 297 (338 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 13, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:
@ PapaWarlock: sorry i wasnt sure. Lol. How do you get that, reynolds-wrap1 wrote:, on there?

When you hit "Reply", in the top right corner of the Reply text box you see "Quote", hit that and it will give you the previous post as you see above.

Message 50 of 297 (334 Views)
0 Likes