7547 posts

Re: List Of Games The PSV Desperately Needs To Thrive

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

ewww, your list is digusting... i want to play new games, not games that i have already played and spin offs of console games.... just face the facts, these games will never come

You speak for a VERY small amount of people and are prob the reason the Vita is bombing because Sony is actually catering to ppl like u.

The Vita "bombing" is not because people are demanding New or Original games for the Vita, it's sales are weak because of base price and memory card price. Not to mention a disctinct lack of marketing. Low unit sales equates to low software development. Few are going to develop for it if they feel it's not worth while. 4 million units worldwide in one year isn't that great of a start all things considering.

I've already stated my reasons why I think ports are a poor idea. Even if they were to port tons of old PS 3 games, it wouldn't help. Price is the key and while I have not a single regret spending $300 on my Vita, for most people it's not worth the price, especially if you add in another $50 - $100 for memory. Sony made a huge mistake not bundling memory with the system. 4gb is a fair starting point. An 8gb card would be better as a starting point.

As evidenced by Japan's sales spike, price really matters.

Doesn't matter what the price of the vita is if it doesn't have any good games for it. What incentive does someone have to buy one even if the price is low if it doesn't have any games to play on it. Oh great a 200 dollar paper weight.

I'll buy a vita when it comes down a reasonable price and when it has finally gets some good games on it. Hence the purpose of this thread. I mean the vita has been out for well over a year now and it's Library is just pathetic. The PSP had way more good games after it was on the market for a year.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 297 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7547 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

The Vita needs more original games; not just ports. 

Soul Sacrifice looks pretty good.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 297 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1872 posts

Mar 25, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

ewww, your list is digusting... i want to play new games, not games that i have already played and spin offs of console games.... just face the facts, these games will never come

You speak for a VERY small amount of people and are prob the reason the Vita is bombing because Sony is actually catering to ppl like u.

The Vita "bombing" is not because people are demanding New or Original games for the Vita, it's sales are weak because of base price and memory card price. Not to mention a disctinct lack of marketing. Low unit sales equates to low software development. Few are going to develop for it if they feel it's not worth while. 4 million units worldwide in one year isn't that great of a start all things considering.

I've already stated my reasons why I think ports are a poor idea. Even if they were to port tons of old PS 3 games, it wouldn't help. Price is the key and while I have not a single regret spending $300 on my Vita, for most people it's not worth the price, especially if you add in another $50 - $100 for memory. Sony made a huge mistake not bundling memory with the system. 4gb is a fair starting point. An 8gb card would be better as a starting point.

As evidenced by Japan's sales spike, price really matters.

Doesn't matter what the price of the vita is if it doesn't have any good games for it. What incentive does someone have to buy one even if the price is low if it doesn't have any games to play on it. Oh great a 200 dollar paper weight.

I'll buy a vita when it comes down a reasonable price and when it has finally gets some good games on it. Hence the purpose of this thread. I mean the vita has been out for well over a year now and it's Library is just pathetic. The PSP had way more good games after it was on the market for a year.

its been out for a year and a month. and actually, the vita has a lot of games, however, they span many genres, so most people feel like it has a crappy library

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 297 (329 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

its been out for a year and a month. and actually, the vita has a lot of games, however, they span many genres, so most people feel like it has a crappy library

Thank you. Nice to see someone else using their noggin. As with anything there are great games and there are bad games. Some people like one game and others will condemn the same one.

Some people do like to be negative and combative though.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 297 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Mar 25, 2013

I'll tell you what I want: games like Fat Princess, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, & Critter Crunch. Surely someone is working on some quality PSN multiplayer games for the Vita, right? Seriously, Fat Princess Vita has to be in development right now, doesn't it?

And where the heck is Popcap? How about a new bejeweled to take advantage of the touchscreen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 297 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7547 posts

Mar 26, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Thank you. Nice to see someone else using their noggin. As with anything there are great games and there are bad games. Some people like one game and others will condemn the same one.

Some people do like to be negative and combative though.

I'm Not trying to be negative. I'm just trying to get Sony to realize that without more high profile games like the ones I've listed in my Post the Vita with shrivel up and die. The PSP had not one , not two but 3 Grand Theft Auto games for it. GTA is a hugely popular franchise so a Vita GTA title would be a no brainer one would think. The PSP also had not one but two God Of War Titles for it and a Twisted metal game, The Vita does not. It's not just a coincidence the Vita is doing horribly and has just happens to have no High Profile games like the PSP had. It's high price isn't helping but then again the PSP was pricey when it first released and still managed to sell very well.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 297 (311 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1676 posts

Mar 26, 2013

More than anything, the Vita needs a God of War game.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 297 (307 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7547 posts

Mar 26, 2013

TheGlue29 wrote:

You got that right. Chains Of Olympus practically sold the PSP.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 297 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Mar 26, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

TheGlue29 wrote:

You got that right. Chains Of Olympus practically sold the PSP.

I would much rather a Grand Theft Auto game.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 297 (299 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Mar 26, 2013

TheGlue29 wrote:

No thanks. Not unless they come up with a new story line and new character. They've killed Kratos's story pretty bad. Nothing left to explore in that regards. At the very least a new story line. He's all but killed the bulk of the Greek mythos. What's left?

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 297 (296 Views)
0 Likes