Gaming Beast
1910 posts

Re: List Of Games The PSV Desperately Needs To Thrive

Apr 5, 2013

The Vita already has JRPGs, what is needs is Western RPGs and Action-RPGs.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 294 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 8, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

The RPG's the Vita has now kinda suck, Kinda really suck.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 294 (301 Views)
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I think they are planning on making a Vita Port of Resident Evil: Revelations which would be good cause at least then the Vita would have sum Resident Evil action on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 294 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10007 posts

Apr 8, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Stories
Bioshock Vita
Twisted Metal: Vita
God Of War: Flames Of Olympus
Batman: Arkham City
Portal: Portable
Borderlands Vita
Resident Evil Vita
Dark Souls Vita
Gran Turismo Vita
SOCOM

PS2 Classic Support

If even half of these games were to be made people would instantly start buying Vitas.

GOW Flames of Olympus=sounds awesome

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 294 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1910 posts

Apr 9, 2013

xripurjeansx wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

The RPG's the Vita has now kinda suck, Kinda really suck.

P4G, Disgaea 3, Atelier and sorta-JRPG Zero Escape have all been rather well received.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 294 (289 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Apr 9, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

There are not that many RPGs that are Vita specific. Most of the RPGs available to play on it are from the PSP or PS 1. Most of the JRPGs won't be coming here, such as the two Tales of games out in Japan for the Vita.

Persona 4 was awesome. Dungeon Hunter was blah. Disgaea 3 was good. Atelier Totori Plus is weird but decent. There are currently only those 4 RPGs on the Vita. Ragnarok Odyssey is a Monster Hunter game, not really an RPG (in my opinion). As it stands all 4 of these are ports. It's possible I missed one or two that others might consider to be RPGs that might not fit in my opinion. Still rather a small amount wouldn't you say?

I'd far rather see new RPGs of any kind rather than ports. Just my opinion.

Now Dragon's Crown is a side scrolling RPG that's coming soon. Soul Sacrifice is coming as well, but I"m not really sure that's an RPG or a Monster Hunter type game.  Some will argue that the MH type games are Action RPGs but I don't. It would take a while to explain why, but let it suffice to say I don't consider any game without a leveling system in place (i.e. xp) and stat based combat to be an RPG and let's agree to disagree on the topic :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 294 (287 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3235 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I'd like to see some GOOD shooters. 3rd Person shooters. Something made for the Vita, not ported. Not dumbed-down. Multiplayer 8v8 Online. AdHoc too (2-4 at least)

Like: Some kind of Warhawk/StarHawk, without the Hawks. I don't mean it should be those games, just using them as an example of what a merge of the two games into a PS Vita title could be. Great maps and Build & Battle, the ground game! 

One problem I have with the whole PS Vita catalogue, and the PSP one, and the PS3 one. I just don't have the time or money to figure out WHICH games are what I like, descriptions I read on the games, or reviews even, just don't always cut it. So there are often things that qualify for as a game I like, but I don't know until much later when me & chance meet.

Of course, I want to play Pixel Junk Monsters PS Vita ... if they'd only make a NEW game. Not a touch centric game, but some kind of use of it that's not silly. Twin sticks would work like a PS3 PJM really, and so TikiMan could run around faster normally and use O to run faster when you need it. (PJMD for PSP is great on the PS Vita, but could be updated to work even better on the PS Vita, plus trophies!)

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 294 (276 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I completely agree! Especially PS2 support alone would help boost sales. Hopefully Gaikai will help Sony with PS2 emulation. 

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 294 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7466 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Whoo that new Batman Game Arkham Orgins will be getting a Vita Port.

Batman: Arkham Origins Headed to PS3 on October 25th, Arkham Origins Blackgate to PS Vita on the Same Day

gameinformermaycover1.jpg

That big gaming announcement we let you know about yesterday has been confirmed by the May cover of Game Informer, which shows that Batman: Arkham Origins is releasing on October 25th for the PlayStation 3 (as well as Wii U, 360 and PC).

Origins follows a younger Batman, years before the events seen in Batman: Arkham Asylum, and you’ll be able to meet various characters (including Deathstroke) in the Batman universe for the first time. Set on Christmas Eve, eight assassins have descended upon Gotham City, all to kill Batman.

Developed by WB Montreal, with Eric Holmes (Prototype, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction) serving as Creative Director, they have been given access to Rocksteady’s custom modified Unreal engine, meaning that you won’t see a radical graphical shift with this latest entry into the series.

PlayStation Vita (and 3DS) owners also get some attention on October 25th, with Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate. This one is being handled by Armature Studio and takes place following the events of Batman: Arkham Origins, with it billed as a “2.5-D Metroid-style exploration action game.”

There’s no screenshots or trailers available for either game yet, so stay tuned for more information as it arrives in the coming weeks and months.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 294 (261 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Sweet looks like Sony may actually make a good number of those games on The PSV after all.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Stories (The vita will be getting a GTA Title in some Capacity I'm sure the PSP had 3)
Bioshock Vita (Still in Limbo Development wise)
Twisted Metal: Vita (Eat Sleep & Play has gotta be good for something)
God Of War: Flames Of Olympus (Of course Sony is working on a God Of War Vita title this is a given)
Batman: Arkham City (Confirmed)
Portal: Portable (Sony needs to get in contact with Valve)
Borderlands Vita (It was discussed by Sony Executives with great interest)
Resident Evil Vita (Possible Resident Evil: Revelations Port)
Dark Souls Vita (Hmmm pretty doubtful but man would that be something)
Gran Turismo Vita (This is also a given just a question of when)
SOCOM (Prob never going to happen ever since Zipper was shut down)

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 294 (251 Views)
0 Likes