Reply
Sep 04 2013
By: Crazy-MoFo-024 Splicer 45 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

List some must have PS3 exclusives

[ Edited ]
10 replies 339 views Edited Sep 4, 2013

 

I'm heading out in a few days to pick up a PS3 for the launch of GTA V, and was wondering what other PS3 exclusives I should pick up.

 

I already plan on getting Metal Gear... and am sort of curious about Little Big Planet, but I have no idea what kind of game it actually is lol.

 

I was also wondering about SOCOM... Loved those games back on my PS2... did they make any PS3 SOCOM titles? and if so are they any good?

 

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

 

 

Message 1 of 11 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/25/2013
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013

Pretty much anything made my naughty dog.


Littlebigplanet is a 3d platformer with a big community behind it (at least back in the days with part 1).

Message 2 of 11 (331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28985 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

 

I'm heading out in a few days to pick up a PS3 for the launch of GTA V, and was wondering what other PS3 exclusives I should pick up.

 

I already plan on getting Metal Gear... and am sort of curious about Little Big Planet, but I have no idea what kind of game it actually is lol.

 

I was also wondering about SOCOM... Loved those games back on my PS2... did they make any PS3 SOCOM titles? and if so are they any good?

 

 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

 

 


Little Big Planet is one of those games that is hard to describe, and when you do it sounds completely dumb. Then you play it, and you're glad you did. Some good ones are;

 

  • Gran Turismo 5
  • God of War III
  • inFAMOUS
  • inFAMOUS 2
  • Killzone 2
  • Killzone 3
  • Uncharted
  • Uncharted 2 Among Theives
  • Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception
  • The Last of Us
  • MLB The Show

There were two SOCOM games for the PS3; SOCOM Confrontation and SOCOM 4. Confrontation was an online only game, and SOCOM 4 was decent, but nothing really memorable. Both will be taken offline this coming January. Also some of the collections like the Team ICO, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper Collection are well worth looking into.

 

Message 3 of 11 (325 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/08/2009
Offline
316 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013

Socom was pretty much a let down on the PS3, confrontation was decent but socom 4 was horrible. They was nothing like the PS2 versions as far as fun factor went. The Last Of Us is a must buy!


Message 4 of 11 (320 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13101 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013
Does it have to be a exclusive? Hotline miami is a great game. But I don't think theres a disc version
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 5 of 11 (312 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/21/2007
Online
7400 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013
Little Big Planet 2
God of War 3
Folklore
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 3
Warhawk
inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2
Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
Fat Princess
Killzone 2
Journey
Message 6 of 11 (308 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2012
Offline
1422 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013

pretty much as ps3 exclusive is good the last of us is the most recent and best .

Message 7 of 11 (302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/14/2008
Offline
3207 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 4, 2013

God of war 3

Resistance 1-3

Killzone 2

Uncharted 1-3

The Last of Us

Heavy Rain

Infamous 1-2

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls

Dragon's Crown

 

 



"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev



Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 8 of 11 (297 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 08/29/2013
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 5, 2013

 

Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys... I had completely forgot about Ratchet and Clank Smiley Happy  The weapons in that game are insane.   

 

Bit of a bummer to hear Socom on PS3 was a letdown. The complexity of the stealth and strategy in that franchise was epic.


ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Does it have to be a exclusive? Hotline miami is a great game. But I don't think theres a disc version

Yeah looking at exclusives only as I'm a PC gamer and already have a really huge library of games. Chances are any non-exclusive is something I already have. Smiley Happy  (In fact I have Hotline Miami... it is indeed an awesome game)

Message 9 of 11 (288 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Offline
13101 posts
 

Re: List some must have PS3 exclusives

Sep 5, 2013

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

 

Awesome thanks for the suggestions guys... I had completely forgot about Ratchet and Clank Smiley Happy  The weapons in that game are insane.   

 

Bit of a bummer to hear Socom on PS3 was a letdown. The complexity of the stealth and strategy in that franchise was epic.


ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Does it have to be a exclusive? Hotline miami is a great game. But I don't think theres a disc version

Yeah looking at exclusives only as I'm a PC gamer and already have a really huge library of games. Chances are any non-exclusive is something I already have. Smiley Happy  (In fact I have Hotline Miami... it is indeed an awesome game)


Oh. Well I think most of the good exclusives have been said so have fun choosing =)

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 10 of 11 (278 Views)
Reply
0 Likes