Hello PlayStation Community,
I'm looking for some anime-style games to play on my PS3. I'm looking for PSN games or disc-based PS3 games that have an anime appearance that are NOT turn-based RPGs. I'm primarily into the art style, looking for games that have a cartoony/anime art style. They do not have to be based on anime, I just like that art style.
Can anyone recommend some PS3/PSN games with a cartoony/anime/manga art style? I would immensely appreciate it, as I've had little luck searching the Internet myself.
Thanks fellow gamers!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I've heard about Disgaea games. I do like the art style, I'm just not sure how to play them. They look turn-based, but they're not limited to 1 move per turn, which is a plus.
I'm not having the best of luck in my search, though I may be looking in the wrong area.
My ideal game would be:
- Have magical elements of some kind
- Have an anime/manga/cartoony appearance
- Have active/real-time combat
- NOT have slow 1-move-per-turn turn-based combat
- Have a good story
- Interesting and likeable characters
- Interesting/engaging/entertaining dialogue
- Have a "Fallout 3"-esque dialogue system
I don't know of anything that is like this though. Unless someone else knows something similar to this, I guess I'll have my first video game project.
Thanks for your reply, I'll do some more research on Disgaea.
I know this isn't a PS3 game, but if you by chance have a PS2 or older, backwards compatible PS3, I'd definately reccomend the .hack series. It's kind of old and shows it's age a bit, but it's a ton of fun, the characters and story are great and it's one of those underrated gems that never got the attention it deserved, in my humble opinion. Again, my apologies since it's not directly answering the question you asked, but it's worth a shot to look at if you have the means to play it.
Sorry Pandoronium, I only have a PS3.
However, I finally struck gold! PS3 RPG + Playable Anime Characters = Toki-To-Towa
I just found this while web surfing. I guess I'll be keeping my PS3 now. I just need to know when this game releases. I've only found screenshots.
It should be out either later this year, or early to mid 2013. 3D environments and 2D hand-drawn characters and enemies. Not only are the cutscenes animated and drawn this way, but the ENTIRE game and all gameplay too. Finally, this is the game I've been waiting for!
Well I'd recommend:
- Valkyria Chronicles - definately has the art style you're looking for, however, it is a turn based SRPG. (Strategy Role Playing Game)
- Persona 4: Arena - anime fighting game (featuring the main characters from the Persona 4 RPG
- Blaz Blue - anime style fighting game
- Tales of Graces F (Action RPG)
- No More Heroes: Paradise - (open world hack and slash/craziness)
- Devil May Cry series (DMC HD Collection and DMC4)***While not strictly anime art style they definately have that anime flair in character design and action in them.***
I read through what your ideal kind of game might be, and I can't think of any anime game like that.
I feel like the closest you'll get to your request would be a "Tales" game. They usually have a world map, and are action RPG style gameplay.