Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 02 2014
By: TechnoDaft First Son 8 posts

Looking for a good FPS game on PS3, with ability to play split screen with other players

[ Edited ]
30 replies 452 views Edited May 2, 2014

I came from the 360 to the PS3 rather recently and I played Halo like crazy on the 360 with my GF competitivly and I am looking for a good game for PS3 that we can split screen and play online with/vs other people {i seen Resistance and was going to get it but seen servers were shut down} 

thanks to anyone that can help me find a good game {FPS preferably i cant stand 3rd person}

Mod Edit: edit title for clarity and added label. Click here for more information on labelsand here for information on our Rules of Conduct and Forum Guidelines

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 31 (452 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Re: Competitive Split Screen Online?

May 2, 2014

i only know of one coop first person and that resistance be warned story mode only on all three games, online servers wore shut down, only other games i can think up is uncharted 2 3. Little big planet. The second person does not get tropies though and will have to start from sctratch every time. One of snys bigest flaues in my op.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 31 (434 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2014

Ya Resistance is a no for me and Uncharted looks to much like an assasins creed knockoff but i may get littlebigplanet keep hearing about that game but cant find any split screen videos for LBP 1 or 2 can only find them for karting {and it's all co-op me and my girl like to play competitively}

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 31 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2014

TechnoDaft wrote:

Ya Resistance is a no for me and Uncharted looks to much like an assasins creed knockoff but i may get littlebigplanet keep hearing about that game but cant find any split screen videos for LBP 1 or 2 can only find them for karting {and it's all co-op me and my girl like to play competitively}

that is cause there are no split screens, but you can have three people play with you as long as you have extra controllers. basically you use the same screen for everyone but you are all there. and if its just one person playing with you you can join other people online with the other person sitting next to you playing as well. i still play LBP2. people say its kiddy and stuff but i love the creation aspect of it.

as for FPS, lets see.. Sprinter Cell black list is one. you can pick to be a spy that is over the shoulder style, or merc that is a FPS style. but co-op is just the spy style.

i haven't tried it but it said COD ghost is on the back of the case. but again i haven't tried.

Bourderlands 1 and 2 you can play with someone sitting right next to you and its funny as hell!

i think that's about the only ones anymore. most were shut down server wise. if your at all interested in online play that is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 31 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2414 posts

Re: Looking for a good FPS game on PS3, with ability to play split screen with other players

May 2, 2014
Uncharted 3 Multiplayer is anything but an Assassins Creed knockoff, one of the most fun & unqiue Multiplayer games... The Multiplayer is free to play so atleast try it out & it has split screen support as well. The servers will be online for a long time as well... It's not an FPS but it's hella fun.

Try COD I guess as a lot of FPS games these days don't really offer splitscreen online.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 31 (397 Views)
Survivor
2521 posts

May 2, 2014

TechnoDaft wrote:

Uncharted is nowhere near being an Assassin's Creed knockoff. Alot of people compare Uncharted to Tomb Raider.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 31 (390 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Re: Looking for a good FPS game on PS3, with ability to play split screen with other players

May 2, 2014

You two should give Borderlands 2 a try.  I play it a lot with my son, and it works great split-screen.  We haven't tried yet, but I believe you can play with others online while split-screen too.

It's got a cool rpg system to go with some fun gameplay.  Tons of loot.  Tons of guns.  Tons of baddies.

Give it a try!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 31 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1636 posts

May 2, 2014

Jhooud wrote:

You two should give Borderlands 2 a try.  I play it a lot with my son, and it works great split-screen.  We haven't tried yet, but I believe you can play with others online while split-screen too.

It's got a cool rpg system to go with some fun gameplay.  Tons of loot.  Tons of guns.  Tons of baddies.

Give it a try!

you can.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 31 (378 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5208 posts

May 2, 2014

TechnoDaft wrote:

Uncharted looks too much like an assasins creed knockoff

http://media.tumblr.com/a00483b5146cd99379b3834ae52faf82/tumblr_inline_mpeehdTkDS1r8p3py.gif

How?
 Like murph said, it's more compared to Tomb Raider.

anyways some competitive splitscreen would be PS All stars. some little big planet, COD Black ops 1 and 2, MW3, Idk about ghost. There aren't too many competitive split screen games that are out there except for coop: LBP, Uncharted 3, Borderlands. FPS wise it's mostly oging to be COD Black ops 1 and beyond games.

Batman-Why do we fall? WE fall so we can learn to get back up!
Nightwing- No! that's not true, we fall because SOMEONE pushes us. We get up....to Push Back!
N52 Nightwing 30

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 31 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2414 posts

May 2, 2014
Might I add Uncharted 3 offers Split Screen in every online mode. Competitive & Co-op. Just to Clariify... Yeh I'm a huge fan of that multiplayer if it's not obvious haha.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 31 (361 Views)
0 Likes