Feb 17 2014
By: waynefiend Uncharted Territory 1480 posts

Loving NFS Rivals on the PS4

[ Edited ]
10 replies 191 views Edited Feb 17, 2014

Just got NFS rivals for the ps4 a couple days ago that I won in a sweepstakes. And I must say I'm having a blast with this game. I got it for free but I would honestly pay full price for this game. I usually like racing sims but I really enjoy NFS.

EDIT: Updated title.

Message 1 of 11 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Re: PS4: NFS Rivals

Feb 17, 2014

waynefiend wrote:

Just got NFS rivals for the ps4 a couple days ago that I won in a sweepstakes. And I must say I'm having a blast with this game. I got it for free but I would honestly pay full price for this game. I usually like racing sims but I really enjoy NFS.

EDIT: Updated title.

I agree with you!  I paid $49 for mine and I'm 100% happy with it.

Message 2 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2672 posts

Feb 17, 2014
It would be a lot better if the cops werent so relentless. I dont mind the cops but sheeesh, every little thing you do they are on you. What i hate is if i see one in front of me, hes already got his lights on doung a 180 coming after me. Its like what did i do? Lol
Message 3 of 11 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
789 posts

Feb 17, 2014

if you think the cops are relentless during regular game play,wait till you try to get the 500,000 bounty trophy.i got it but **bleep**.keeping your wanted meter at 10 and having everything and everyone after you can be frustrating.good luck to those that try and congrats to those that make it. 1 more thing,final race is long,be prepared

Message 4 of 11 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 17, 2014

TornadicInferno wrote:
It would be a lot better if the cops werent so relentless. I dont mind the cops but sheeesh, every little thing you do they are on you. What i hate is if i see one in front of me, hes already got his lights on doung a 180 coming after me. Its like what did i do? Lol

The game does have some bugs and I think it needs addressed..  the AI cops are totally retarded..  I was at a heat lvl of 5, and running for my life.. I had like 8 cars on me, I tried to make a jump along with a cop car, we both missed...  and it put us both right at the start of the jump, I had a little over 100,000 SP..  so I turn around get speed and jump again.. and missed.. next thing I knew..   "BUSTED!"  lost everything was ticked.

Message 5 of 11 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Feb 17, 2014

they lowered ps4 version frame-rate of the game to 30 to match the underpowered xbox 1, it's really stupid of them, everyone knows frame rate is the most important thing in racing/fighting/shooter games. the game itself is fine, nothing really new or interesting but it will let you drive cars which is good!

Message 6 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2672 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Ok, on these newer forums i cant find how to quote someone lol. But, yeah. Theres times im being chased then all of a sudden BUSTED! I was like **bleep**???
Message 7 of 11 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Loving NFS Rivals on the PS4

Feb 17, 2014

That's good. It had it's own kind of flare compared to other NFS titles, but to me nothing beats the original Need for Speed Most Wanted. That game was truly one of a kind and the standard for the franchise. I did play Need for Speed Rivals on my PS4, the visuals were great and the gameplay was simple enough, just nothing much compared to Most Wanted, in my opinion.

Message 8 of 11 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13132 posts

Feb 17, 2014
If it had better car customization I would probably get it. The visuals look nice and I like how you really feel that speed. However, whenever I watch a live stream I never see an actual race. I only see time trials?
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 9 of 11 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Feb 17, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
If it had better car customization I would probably get it. The visuals look nice and I like how you really feel that speed. However, whenever I watch a live stream I never see an actual race. I only see time trials?

Well, some people don't like to race, I suppose.  There are a couple different racing modes, my favorite of which being Hot Pursuit, which is a race with a bunch of racers and cops fueling all-out mayhem.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 11 (90 Views)
0 Likes