Reply
Jun 28 2005
By: FearNo1~ Fender Bender 3308 posts
Offline

M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

33 replies 2 views Edited Jun 28, 2005
Looks like there will be no universal DVD standard. This is going to be an interesting war between M$ and Sony. Your thoughts?
,
,
,http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx/2005/06/27/afx2111849.html
,Microsoft, Toshiba agree to jointly develop HD DVD players,
,
06.27.2005, 06:36 AM,
,null,
,null,null,null,null, TOKYO (AFX) - Microsoft Corp and Toshiba Corp,said they have agreed to jointly develop HD DVD players, giving the,Japanese computer and consumer electronics maker a powerful new ally in,its battle with Sony Corp and with Matsu**bleep**a Electric Industrial Co,over technology standards for next-generation audio and visual,products. ,
,null,
,null,null, In a statement issued in Tokyo, the companies,said the agreement brings together Microsoft Windows CE technology and,Microsoft's expertise in software and PC technologies, with Toshiba's,expertise in consumer electronics and computing.,
,null,
,null,null, Microsoft and Toshiba said they also plan to,strengthen their collaboration in iHD, a next-generation DVD,interactivity format.
,
Message 1 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 09/12/2003
Offline
44 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
thats cool
,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com







Message 2 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 04/12/2005
Offline
583 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Section-13469/Index.html   take a good look at all the companies that are gonna support blu-ray.i dont think ms or toshiba stand much of a chance.========================================================================,
,
,
,

Contributors

,

Almedio Inc.
AudioDev AB
Broadcom Corporation
Canon Inc.
CMC Magnetics Corporation
Coding Technologies GmbH
Cryptography Research Inc.
CyberLink Corp.
DATARIUS Technologies GmbH
Deluxe Media Services Inc.
Digital Theater Systems Inc.
Dolby Laboratories Inc.
Eclipse Data Technologies
Electronic Arts Inc.
Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd.
Horizon Semiconductor
InterVideo Inc.
Kenwood Corporation
LITE-ON IT Corporation
LSI Logic
MediaTek Inc.
Meridian Audio Ltd.
Mitsubishi Kagaku Media Co.Ltd.
Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
Moser Baer India Limited
MX Entertainment
Nero
Optodisc Technology Corporation
Pixela Corporation
Pulstec Industrial Co., Ltd.
Ricoh Co., Ltd.
ShibaSoku Co. Ltd.
Sigma Designs Inc.
Sonic Solutions
Sonopress
Sony BMG Music Entertainment
ST Microelectronics
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Ulead Systems Inc.
Victor Company of Japan, Ltd.
Visionare Corporation
ZOOtech Ltd.
Zoran Corporation

,

 

,

Members

,

Adobe Systems
Alpine Electronics Inc.
AMC Co. Ltd.
Anwell Technologies USA
ArcSoft Inc.
Asahi Kasei Microsystems Co., Ltd.
ATI Technologies Inc.
Bandai Visual Co. Ltd.
BenQ Corporation
B.H.A. Corporation
Ciba Specialty Chemicals Inc.
Conexant Systems Inc.
D&M holdings, Inc.
Daewoo Electronics Corporation
Degussa
Elpida Memory, Inc.
ESS Technology Inc.
Expert Magnetics Corp.
Funai Electric Co., Ltd.
IMAGICA Corp.
Imation Corp.
Infomedia Inc.
Intersil Corporation
Kadokawa Holdings Inc.
Konica Minolta Opto Inc.
Laser Pacific Media Corp.
Lead Data Inc.
LEADER ELECTRONICS CORP
Linn Products Ltd.
LINTEC Corporation
M2 Engineering AB
Maxim Integrated Products
Memorex Products Inc.
Mitsumi Electric Co., Ltd.
Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
NEXAPM Systems Technology Inc.
Nightjar LLC
Nikkatsu Corporation
NTT Electronics Corporation
nVidia Corporation
Onkyo Corporation
Ono Sokki Co., Ltd.
OPT Corporation
PowerFile

,

Prodisc Technology Inc.
Ritek Corporation
Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
SDI Media America
Shinano Kenshi Co. Ltd.
Singulus Technologies
STEAG ETA-OPTIK GmbH
Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.,
Targray Technology International Inc.
TEAC Corporation
Teijin Chemicals Ltd.
Toei Video Company Ltd.
Toho Company, Ltd.
Toppan Printing Co., Ltd.
TOPTICA Photonics AG
UmeDisc Ltd.
Unaxis Balzer AG
Vivendi Universal Games
Yamaha Corporation
Yokogawa Electric Corporation
3oh!5 Creative, Inc.

the only good socialist is a dead one
Message 3 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/31/2005
Offline
8402 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
Dang it sure has enough money to live even if it losses nuff said.,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 4 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/04/2004
Offline
1289 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005


TORRITO1 wrote:
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/Section-13469/Index.html  ,take a good look at all the companies that are gonna support blu-ray.i,dont think ms or toshiba stand much of a,chance.========================================================================,

Contributors

Almedio Inc.
AudioDev AB
Broadcom Corporation
Canon Inc.
CMC Magnetics Corporation
Coding Technologies GmbH
Cryptography Research Inc.
CyberLink Corp.
DATARIUS Technologies GmbH
Deluxe Media Services Inc.
Digital Theater Systems Inc.
Dolby Laboratories Inc.
Eclipse Data Technologies
Electronic Arts Inc.
Fuji Photo Film Co. Ltd.
Horizon Semiconductor
InterVideo Inc.
Kenwood Corporation
LITE-ON IT Corporation
LSI Logic
MediaTek Inc.
Meridian Audio Ltd.
Mitsubishi Kagaku Media Co.Ltd.
Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
Moser Baer India Limited
MX Entertainment
Nero
Optodisc Technology Corporation
Pixela Corporation
Pulstec Industrial Co., Ltd.
Ricoh Co., Ltd.
ShibaSoku Co. Ltd.
Sigma Designs Inc.
Sonic Solutions
Sonopress
Sony BMG Music Entertainment
ST Microelectronics
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Ulead Systems Inc.
Victor Company of Japan, Ltd.
Visionare Corporation
ZOOtech Ltd.
Zoran Corporation

 

Members

Adobe Systems
Alpine Electronics Inc.
AMC Co. Ltd.
Anwell Technologies USA
ArcSoft Inc.
Asahi Kasei Microsystems Co., Ltd.
ATI Technologies Inc.
Bandai Visual Co. Ltd.
BenQ Corporation
B.H.A. Corporation
Ciba Specialty Chemicals Inc.
Conexant Systems Inc.
D&M holdings, Inc.
Daewoo Electronics Corporation
Degussa
Elpida Memory, Inc.
ESS Technology Inc.
Expert Magnetics Corp.
Funai Electric Co., Ltd.
IMAGICA Corp.
Imation Corp.
Infomedia Inc.
Intersil Corporation
Kadokawa Holdings Inc.
Konica Minolta Opto Inc.
Laser Pacific Media Corp.
Lead Data Inc.
LEADER ELECTRONICS CORP
Linn Products Ltd.
LINTEC Corporation
M2 Engineering AB
Maxim Integrated Products
Memorex Products Inc.
Mitsumi Electric Co., Ltd.
Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
NEXAPM Systems Technology Inc.
Nightjar LLC
Nikkatsu Corporation
NTT Electronics Corporation
nVidia Corporation
Onkyo Corporation
Ono Sokki Co., Ltd.
OPT Corporation
PowerFile

Prodisc Technology Inc.
Ritek Corporation
Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
SDI Media America
Shinano Kenshi Co. Ltd.
Singulus Technologies
STEAG ETA-OPTIK GmbH
Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.,
Targray Technology International Inc.
TEAC Corporation
Teijin Chemicals Ltd.
Toei Video Company Ltd.
Toho Company, Ltd.
Toppan Printing Co., Ltd.
TOPTICA Photonics AG
UmeDisc Ltd.
Unaxis Balzer AG
Vivendi Universal Games
Yamaha Corporation
Yokogawa Electric Corporation
3oh!5 Creative, Inc.



damn blu-ray has some big badass companys backin it up. but i wanna see a list of who is backin hd dvd up.
Message 5 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/22/2005
Offline
487 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005


suzfreak125 wrote:


*********

damn blu-ray has some big badass companys backin it up. but i wanna see a list of who is backin hd dvd up.



,
,
,right here

,
Message 6 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/18/2005
Offline
471 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
When will you people learn that it doesnt matter who or how many back a certain product?
,
,There have been plenty of products that have failed in the past that have had substantial backing.
,
,If the consumer doesnt want it, its dead.
,
,
,
"Our ideal is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what." - Ken Kutaragi



Message 7 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/21/2004
Offline
5796 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
Sony doesent want another Beta on there hands... (where the Beta lost out to VHS tapes)
,
Message 8 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2005
Offline
3841 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005

,
,
,Batista20 wrote:
When will you people learn that it doesnt matter who or how many back a certain product?

There have been plenty of products that have failed in the past that have had substantial backing.

If the consumer doesnt want it, its dead.


,

,
,

,
,
,
,

The consumer will want it becuase of who is backing it, you think that if companies like Walt disney, panasonic, apple, dell, Sony, etc are backing the blu-ray and make products and movies supporting the format that it will fail? That's extremely far-fetched. I bet everyone in hear has quite a few products from atleast 2 of those companies, not to mention the other ones in that long list.

Signature removed by admin due to extreme volumes of sexyness
Message 9 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2005
Offline
3841 posts
 

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
,
,
,
,

oops, double post

Message Edited by eggsampull on 06-27-2005 10:17 PM

Signature removed by admin due to extreme volumes of sexyness
Message 10 of 34 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes