First Son
13 posts

Re: M$ vs $ony...the gloves are off!

Jun 28, 2005
even if all those companies do support blu-ray....the dvds themselves,besides the games are going to be more expensive than hd-dvd prob,another 5$ on dvds....
Message 11 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jun 28, 2005

petemd93088 wrote:
even if all those,companies do support blu-ray....the dvds themselves besides the games,are going to be more expensive than hd-dvd prob another 5$ on dvds....

it,wont matter cause those people wont be able to get the movies they want,on hd-dvd, so they'll be forced to buy a blue ray. MS isnt gonna help,toshiba much, cause they never said they would use hd-dvd in the 360;
Message 12 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3003 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,petemd93088 wrote:
even if all those companies do support blu-ray....the dvds themselves besides the games are going to be more expensive than hd-dvd prob another 5$ on dvds....

it wont matter cause those people wont be able to get the movies they want on hd-dvd, so they'll be forced to buy a blue ray. MS isnt gonna help toshiba much, cause they never said they would use hd-dvd in the 360;

It would hurt sony more in the long run to not make HD-DVD versions of movies if it takes off, just to try to push blu ray.,
Message 13 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 28, 2005

Jak_the_man wrote:

petemd93088 wrote:
even,if all those companies do support blu-ray....the dvds themselves,besides the games are going to be more expensive than hd-dvd prob,another 5$ on dvds....

it wont,matter cause those people wont be able to get the movies they want on,hd-dvd, so they'll be forced to buy a blue ray. MS isnt gonna help,toshiba much, cause they never said they would use hd-dvd in the 360;

Oh yes, this sounds just brilliant. Do you read what you write?
,We'll be paying more, because we're forced too!
,And on your idea that people research who is backing a product before buying, that is complete garbage.
,The average consumer which comprises the vast majority of the market,,doesnt even research the actual product, let alone whos behind it.
"Our ideal is for consumers to think to themselves, 'OK, I'll work more hours and buy it.' We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what." - Ken Kutaragi

Message 14 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 28, 2005

The average consumer says "blue what?" then "Wow a new type of DVD"

My point is publication perception is the most valuable aspect of pushing new media and the average Joe sixpack is going to probably be more impressed with a new DVD than some sought of blue cartridge thing with the "Sony" logo stuck on it. Most ppl couldnt care who makes what and to an even lesser extent who endorses it. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis Miller: I don't wanna go on a RANT here but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowolf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first Battle of Antetum. I mean when a neo-conservative defenstrates it's like Raskalnakov filibuster dioxymonohydrostinate.
Peter Griffin: What the hell does RANT mean?
Message 15 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3165 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,Batista20 wrote:

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,petemd93088 wrote:
even if all those companies do support blu-ray....the dvds themselves besides the games are going to be more expensive than hd-dvd prob another 5$ on dvds....

it wont matter cause those people wont be able to get the movies they want on hd-dvd, so they'll be forced to buy a blue ray. MS isnt gonna help toshiba much, cause they never said they would use hd-dvd in the 360;

We'll be paying more, because we're forced too!

And on your idea that people research who is backing a product before buying, that is complete garbage.

The average consumer which comprises the vast majority of the market, doesnt even research the actual product, let alone whos behind it.

You and I know that you're well placed to make such comments

Damn Batista all you do is bash on people, take it easy yo !

Message Edited by Streetdisciple on 06-28-2005 12:48 AM

_________________________________________________________________A Mastermind sees it coming before it comes
Message 16 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3165 posts

Jun 28, 2005
People,we should stop the Blu-ray HD-DVD discussions, no matter how good we know blu-ray is, and read about (some guy on internet gave his impression of both formats at some convention) It doesn't matter untill the formats are out. Enjoy the present !,
_________________________________________________________________A Mastermind sees it coming before it comes
Message 17 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jun 28, 2005

Batista20 wrote:

Jak_the_man wrote:

petemd93088 wrote:
even,if all those companies do support blu-ray....the dvds themselves,besides the games are going to be more expensive than hd-dvd prob,another 5$ on dvds....

it wont,matter cause those people wont be able to get the movies they want on,hd-dvd, so they'll be forced to buy a blue ray. MS isnt gonna help,toshiba much, cause they never said they would use hd-dvd in the 360;

We'll be paying more, because we're forced too!

And on your idea that people research who is backing a product before buying, that is complete garbage.

,The average consumer which comprises the vast majority of the market,,doesnt even research the actual product, let alone whos behind it.

no,,your getting me all wrong, I'm saying that there are alot of good movie,companies backing up blue ray, and sony owns alot of movies as well,,They wont release HD-DVD versions of their movies, and when there are,alot of great movies that wont come out on HD-DVD, then people will,have to buy blue ray to watch those. It will hurt blue ray somewhat as,well since hddvd will have movies it wont, but BR has more companies.,Besides that, noone said you have to buy blue ray, they'll still be,released on regular dvd, most people dont even have hdtv's so it'll be,useless until more people start buying them.  Then people will end,up buying whichever format their movie is on, and since most people,wont have thousands to spend on a hddvd player, they'll probably buy a,ps3 instead and alot of poeple will probably already have ps3's so Blue,Ray has a better chance of winning than hddvd, and why do you all of a,sudden care so much about hddvd? BEcause ms decided to help toshiba?,pfft.
Message 18 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jun 28, 2005

hoiven wrote:

My,point is publication perception is the most valuable aspect of pushing,new media and the average Joe sixpack is going to probably be more,impressed with a new DVD than some sought of blue cartridge thing with,the "Sony" logo stuck on it. Most ppl couldnt care who makes what and,to an even lesser extent who endorses it. 

blue rays are disks retard.
Message 19 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,Jak_the_man wrote:

,hoiven wrote:

My point is publication perception is the most valuable aspect of pushing new media and the average Joe sixpack is going to probably be more impressed with a new DVD than some sought of blue cartridge thing with the "Sony" logo stuck on it. Most ppl couldnt care who makes what and to an even lesser extent who endorses it. 

blue rays are disks retard.

I know but they dont generally look like a conventional disc, and i was trying to put into perspective what the average user would see, it doesnt really look like a normal disc.

Becuase a dont trall the interent finding all the goss on Sony doesnt make me a retard, so get a life i was just trying to raise a point not bad mouth Sony.

Reason i thought it didnt look like a conventional disc, sorry for the mistake JAK

http://www.tdk.com/blue_laser/images/blu-ray-DISC-blue-J.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/images/media/sony.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis Miller: I don't wanna go on a RANT here but America's foreign policy makes about as much sense as Beowolf having sex with Robert Fulton at the first Battle of Antetum. I mean when a neo-conservative defenstrates it's like Raskalnakov filibuster dioxymonohydrostinate.
Peter Griffin: What the hell does RANT mean?
Message 20 of 34 (16 Views)
0 Likes