Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Re: Future versions of Xbox 360 may include HD-DVD

Jun 28, 2005

,Al-B wrote:
Future versions of Xbox 360 may include HD-DVD
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=9804

In the article Bill Gates says "The initial shipments of Xbox 360 will be based on today's DVD format," Gates explained. "We are looking at whether future versions of Xbox 360 will incorporate an additional capability of an HD DVD player or something else."

Now, potenial 360 buyers have something to think about, buy now or wait for the next version.  This can't be good for sales.

Message Edited by Al-B on 06-28-2005 09:33 AM

This only matters for movie playback.  I personally don't watch movies on consoles b/c the image quality is inferior to cheap stand-alone players.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1663 posts

Jun 28, 2005

Aleman wrote:

Al-B wrote:

In,the article Bill Gates says "The initial shipments of Xbox 360 will be,based on today's DVD format," Gates explained. "We are looking at,whether future versions of Xbox 360 will incorporate an additional,capability of an HD DVD player or something else."

Now, potenial,360 buyers have something to think about, buy now or wait for the next,version.  This can't be good for sales.

This,only matters for movie playback.  I personally don't watch movies,on consoles b/c the image quality is inferior to cheap stand-alone,players.

So far... but alot game devolopers had to limit their content to fit on a DVD for game consoles.
Ever notice how many multiple DVD games exsist for PC's?
,Also my PS2 plays DVD's better than those "cheap stand-alone players."
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,Al-B wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

,Al-B wrote:

In the article Bill Gates says "The initial shipments of Xbox 360 will be based on today's DVD format," Gates explained. "We are looking at whether future versions of Xbox 360 will incorporate an additional capability of an HD DVD player or something else."

Now, potenial 360 buyers have something to think about, buy now or wait for the next version.  This can't be good for sales.

This only matters for movie playback.  I personally don't watch movies on consoles b/c the image quality is inferior to cheap stand-alone players.

So far... but alot game devolopers had to limit their content to fit on a DVD for game consoles.
Ever notice how many multiple DVD games exsist for PC's?
Also my PS2 plays DVD's better than those "cheap stand-alone players."

I have yet to play a multiple DVD game on PC's (multiple CD yes, multiple DVD no).  And PC games don't even use dual layer DVD's.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1663 posts

Jun 28, 2005
The next generation games, on all new consoles will be bigger than,previous games, especially in games that take advantage of the higher,resolution HD screen formats. 

Message Edited by Al-B on 06-28-2005 10:23 AM

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (1 View)
0 Likes