Dec 30 2013
By: pimentel2 Survivor 2787 posts

MAG for Playstation Plus (Playstation Blog.Share)

[ Edited ]
26 replies 1050 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

I stumbled upon this http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/08/14/magplaystation-plus/

Thread on the MAG forums here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/MAG-Discussion/You-Want-MAG-2-Get-MAG-on-PS-First-VOTE-HERE/m...

As an avid MAG player (even after all these years, betas, etc), I think it would be pretty cool if MAG was added as a Playstation Plus game (although I already own it).

So, what do people say about this?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (1,050 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: MAG for Playstation Plus (Playstation Blog.Share)

Dec 30, 2012

This was actually suggested not too long ago. I personally don't mind any of the games we recieve, I'm alright with whatever it is. I'd like to try MAG. I try most of the games for a short while and stop playing them anyways. The games I've recieved with Plus are on my console for those days I have nothing else to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (1,038 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Dec 30, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:

This was actually suggested not too long ago. I personally don't mind any of the games we recieve, I'm alright with whatever it is. I'd like to try MAG. I try most of the games for a short while and stop playing them anyways. The games I've recieved with Plus are on my console for those days I have nothing else to do.

On MAG (provided you can have the patience to make it past the early levels), is a great game to get into. Although people have said it has a steep learning curve (and in my opinion, I generally suck at video games), it is the one game I actually consider myself proficient at.

Regarding your last point, that is exactly how I feel (with the exception of Borderlands). Though I still love Plus <3

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4791 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Love MAG, this would reel in a couple of new players.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

the game like that old and blacklight tengo should put into ps+ and come on why just payday we need more games.MAG ,blacklight tengo and etc... im pretty sure more PS+ can keep thier member keep buying PS+

also those game still charging 5-10$ and not even active.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (976 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9699 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Already got the platinum trophy and I am very proud of it too. (View my blog (link in signature) for my platinum journey). It sure would be cool to get on MAG and see thousands of players playing in the queues if it was on Plus. But realistically I don't think Plus would get players playing this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (926 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2787 posts

Jan 3, 2013

cobrafang wrote:
Already got the platinum trophy and I am very proud of it too. (View my blog (link in signature) for my platinum journey). It sure would be cool to get on MAG and see thousands of players playing in the queues if it was on Plus. But realistically I don't think Plus would get players playing this game.

I'm only halfway to the plat. Would be possible if it's available on PS+ and the game modes become somewhat active again. It's a cheap game at the moment and would probably get a lot of people hooked on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (876 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27645 posts

Jan 3, 2013

I only briefly tried MAG & would like the opportunity to do so again & perhaps get more "into it" this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (866 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Jan 3, 2013

FANTASTIC IDEA !!!!

I bought MAG when it came out, but had to get rid of it for one reason or another (probably needed money for something). MAG was a HIGHLY under-rated FPS, and has alot of revolutionary features. It came out at a bad time on top of having to deal with the negative talk from internet fanboys. I think it would be a great game for Sony to put into the hands of Plus gamers, SO many gamers totally overlooked or avoided the game without even trying the finished product. It was a good first person SOCOM basically and could gain a secondary cult following of Plus gamers.

I hope Sony's listening here. Having MAG as a permanent part of the IGC along with LBP2 and Infamous 2 as real essentials, could be a real coup for Sony and Plus. Being such an epic example of multi-player gaming, it would just be a genius idea for Sony to keep it in the IGC indefinitely and keep the servers up for a couple extra years.

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (841 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
369 posts

Jan 3, 2013
Do people still play MAG? Last time I played it was about a year ago and even then I had trouble getting into a match.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (835 Views)
0 Likes