Mar 09 2012
By: Up4achallenge Monster Hunter 33 posts

MLB 13 the show

[ Edited ]
65 replies 17486 views Edited Feb 28, 2014

Share your ideas with me and lets make it best baseball game ever.

I would like to have classic teams like 1986 mets, 1986 Red sox, 1996 Yankees, 1997 Braves and etc as part of the game.

I would like to occasionally have doubleheaders due to rain. Like to see uniforms get muddy while playing in the rain. Like to have home run derby availble online too. I think it would be cool to have interviews for player of the game. I think it would be good idea to show their trophy after winning the world series. I also think during the All Star Game the players should use their regular uniforms.

What do you think?

Edit: Added label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 2 of 66 (17,486 Views)
PlayStation Support
1173 posts

Re: MLB 13 the show

Feb 26, 2012

Moved to the MLB The Show section.

PlayStation Moderation and Support
Message 1 of 66 (17,486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Apr 10, 2012

Someone else mentioned long hair and that should easily be an option as some players in the game already have it - its just not available on created players

I thought of something last night - how about added pennants on your stadium when you win a world series/division title/etc?

it wouldnt be too hard. Many teams have them up already... just would need to add one for each championship.

I remember last year you couldnt even go back and find out which team won the world series the previous year. I havent looked for it this year, but that should change.

Historic info would really add to the franchise experience.

On the same note it would be nice to see teams listed on player's career stats. ...to see who he's played for over his career.

The #1 thing though, and they at least took a step towards it this year, is the ability to create your own expansion team. Ditch the silly diamond dynasty card trading and just allow for created teams in the franchise mode.

Madden has been doing it for years! c'mon!

oh, and one last thing: adjust pitcher control! (a personal pet peeve of mine). WALKS are a part of the game!If you insist on making the default setting 99% strikes, then fine, but at least allow the sliders to DO something for those of us who want a realistic experience!

Message 3 of 66 (17,486 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Apr 12, 2012

BATTING i would have to say make batting better i dont know how many times I would hit a pitch in the middle of the plate and then pop it up our hit it right to someone that was really annoying I would like to see the guess pitch from i believe mlb 06 or 07  the one where you guess a fastball and it tells you were the pitch is at. the one now is  guessing a pitch and then after that guessing where its going to be thats pretty stupid sense the computer can be pretty much unpredictable

RTTS I would like to see something new like make it were you can ether start from AA or skip ahead to the MLB. Also make it were when you pick a team that you want have that team keep you in MLB 12 i got traded like twice to diffrent teams and I was doing good to with that team.I would like to see a better points system then what they are doing

PITCHING . make pitcher control better when making a good pitch the ball should not go inside or outside the plate it should go were you picked.Also I would like to see better pitching motions some of the players motions just dont look right like cliff lee his

motion doesn't look like what he does in real life.

OTHERS Change the name of the game title the name mlb the show is getting kinda old.Like what

Message 4 of 66 (17,486 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

Apr 13, 2012

One thing and one thing only....

Get rid of the FANS! They take up too many pixels and because of that we have to play a game that supports 1080p and play it on 720p because it works better......????????????what does that mean....dont say it can be played on 1080p if you are suggesting 720p....Does anyone know how to change that?

The fans all move at the same time and are just horrible. Put cardboard cut outs that dont move and focus on the game...like the lines on the field that are supposed to be a solid white or black line but are chopped up because the screen cant handdle it.

Message 5 of 66 (17,486 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Really peoople 12 just came out ? Can't you wait until like 6 months down the road ?Come'on man .

Message 6 of 66 (17,486 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Apr 15, 2012

actually, this thread was started way back on march 9th.

...but i have no problem getting ideas down while they are fresh.

on that note, i had another... a new rating for catchers: game calling.

some catchers are obviously better at it than others and it would affect game play on sims or while playing if you take your catcher's suggestions on pitches. You'd be more likely to accept the catcher's called pitch if you knew he had a high game calling rating.

Message 7 of 66 (17,486 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2012

i think they have a more cooler w.s celebration, player interviews, mananger interviews. also they shound bring back the player card not just the picture. another thing should happen is on rtts once ur in the mlb their shouldnt be advancement goals! walk off celebrations like getting a water cooler dumped on you or pie in the face! brand bats maruucii, lousiville slugger, mizuno, and rawlings, brand gloves too! classic teams could be cool. rain outs, double headers, jerseys getting more dirty on rainy days, brand cleats, like jordan, nike, adidas, mizuno, new balence, get everything the we want!!!! it would be the best game EVER!!!

Message 8 of 66 (17,366 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 27, 2012

Adding tattoos to your player in create a player would be sweet. Basketball games do it why cant we?

Message 9 of 66 (17,268 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2012

i think u should put titanium,phiten and gold necklaces. btw i like the idea of the long hair and tattoos

Message 10 of 66 (17,166 Views)