Re: MLB 13 the show

Nov 24, 2012
This is what i want.
Rain delays
Updated rosters
Long hair
Tattoos
All star games with the players teams uniforms
Interviews (dont care about the voices i just them to talk)
Different commentators
Actual brands (shoes, gloves, bats, etc.)
Marlins park to close their roof!
Ejections
Manager interviews
Might be a little too much to ask but it would make a great game
\m/x_x\m/
Message 31 of 66 (1,065 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I play franchise all the time. I would like to see the roof close on stadiums such as minute maid or marlins park. Also in season contract negotiations, such as contract extensions. When you trade a player, have their hat change teams on the pictures. It changes with players that don't have an actual picture(ex: Harper). I would also like to see more injuries (ex: when a pitcher gets hit with a ball that bounces off him). It would be nice for weather delays or postponed games.
Message 32 of 66 (1,044 Views)
Gaming Beast
2171 posts

Dec 1, 2012

How about being able to create a pitching motion or batting stance? That would be cool instead of using a generic or player model type. Also they should really flesh out the rtts. It's boring but if they added press conferences and interviews or maybe you could praise/blast your manager or team mates I think that would be cool too.

Message 33 of 66 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 2, 2012

They should really bring web customization back like MVP baseball, you hardly ever see an infielder using a trapeze webbing, bring the "H" web, and different sizes for gloves, like when you actually go and buy gloves. More options in customizing your character, maybe a self customized batting stance?! who knows...just completely revamp the customization and leave more/better options. There should be more errors, bad calls, fights, ejections, realistic styles of play (not all players hustle out a ground ball hit to the pitcher/second baseman). When picking your style of play for RTTS, you should have personalities for how you play the game, ex : if you want to be cocky, your player walks around like hes the **** and makes nonchalant plays to prove his point. or if you want to be quiet guy who just plays the game. Next they should bring more challenging plays and fielding styles, make me feel like im earning an out instead of running to the ball and throwing it, and for those who like to make the "web gems" they should make fielding attempts with certain types of players. if you have a high rating in fielding, you may get cocky and try and barehand a ball, or take your time and make it a close play, or dive and pitch it to the second baseman up the middle. also they should have after game announcing when showing highlights, post game interviews with the player of the game, whether it is you or the computer/online person playing against you. show the player who is actually hurt not just a pop up message saying "so and so is hurt replace him" and show replays of how it happened. also there needs to be collisions when fielding a ground ball and you collide with the runner or a pop fly and the two outfielders collide. actually make the rain affect the game...show players slipping and the water splashing or the outfielders diving and sliding 3 feet because the grass is slippery. incorporate more realistic actions like someone gets a ground ball in the hole gets it and trips because hes off balance or the runner slips on the base because its wet or he tripped. all the plays get repetitive and i like a lot of variety!

Message 34 of 66 (989 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2012

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Create more franchise options, you guys do a great job of this already but include options such as building a new ballpark, changing uniforms, changing cities, asking the owner for cap room. Bring back the option to leave a team and the possibility of being fired.

also, managers are so important in baseball, make that a bigger deal, such as how much lineup control u give them based off philosophy and make the hiring process more in depth

COOLEST THING EVER - integrating cable networks, have games on fox and espn with even joe buck calling the fox games

Message 35 of 66 (952 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2012

We need to make it so any roster we download can be used in franchise or season mode, dont take away in game season mode from us, online play is not as great as you ladies think it is, i like playing my friends at my house or mine, i dont need to go online to play them. don't ruin great games and sports. Especially baseball and football.... 

Message 36 of 66 (940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Only real gripe i have with the show, is the franchise mode. Someone already touched base with the prospects and rlhow the ratings system should be a bar, but has anyone played any of the 2k games? Yes i know the game itself is lightyears away from the show, but their franchise mode should be the model sony uses. Top 100 prospect list, teams actually trade vets away for prospects. Also they progress in the game unlike the show, but that might be me
Message 37 of 66 (920 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 9, 2012
1. Better player card. Especially in Franchise Mode. I want to see more stats year-to-year that my players put up. example: 2b, 3b, bb, sb, so, r, obp, slg, ops, etc. And for pitchers, stats such as cg, shutouts, whip, ip. Sometimes for a hitter, you want to see more than just batting average, HR, RBI from year to year. (If I have a fast young player I may want to see how many career steals he has on the player card)

2. Retired numbers - at least have an option to turn this on/off during franchise mode. I'm a Red Sox fan and it kills me a little on the insde when a player gets assigned #9, for example. Also it shouldnt let you assign the same number to more than one player.

3. Offseason free agent signing logic still needs more improvement. I saw several instances where a team would sign a big free agent even though they already had a great player at that position. For example, the Tigers already have Valverde, but they sign Heath Bell.

4. Player progression is one of the biggest flaws. Draft picks and prospects don't improve that much from year to year. The player rating should be a number rating, not a bar. That's impossible to deal with when reviewing roster depth and such. Also after the season is over you should get a report of your whole roster's progression/regression. Older players should get a little worse year-to-year and you should be able to see the details.

5. The end-of-season awards are all reasonable EXCEPT for the Gold Glove winners. There will always be a backup catcher who ends up winning the award and a random pitcher for each league also. It's obviously not taking into account put-outs, assists and/or fielding percentage.

6. All-Star selections could be better from an AI perspective. I also agree with the previous comments in regards to the players wearing their team-specific jerseys during the game.

7. The actual gameplay for this game is great. There aren't too many things I can even critique. I would say one gameplay point I would try to improve is defensive players' ability to make a quicker tag with their glove when trying to make a play on a sliding baserunner. It seems like they always do this "Ole" tag which takes forever to pull off.
Message 38 of 66 (895 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 9, 2012

i like your take on franchise mode i just don't like the getting fired idea

Message 39 of 66 (887 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 9, 2012

They should consider using MVP baseball camera setting. what it was really cool from MVP baseball was the fact everytime you hit Long fly ball or home run you can actually see where the ball landed. 

Message 40 of 66 (885 Views)
0 Likes